randomness

Anything else
User avatar
moomoohk
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:43 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: randomness

Post by moomoohk » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:33 am

Korban3 wrote:Welp, Microsoft flopped pretty hard.
Who the hell was up there passing all of these decisions? I don't mean to oversimplify it, but you'd think that somewhere along the line, someone would stand up and say "Yo, that's fuckin retarded"

Exactly xD

User avatar
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick
Posts: 3655
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:37 am
Location: Robbing the cradle.

Re: randomness

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:25 am

Image

User avatar
Jacktheawesome
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:06 am
Location: In Zulway's foot palace.
Contact:

Re: randomness

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:17 am

And now, they've reversed completely on most of those points.

User avatar
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick
Posts: 3655
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:37 am
Location: Robbing the cradle.

Re: randomness

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 am

Jacktheawesome wrote:And now, they've reversed completely on most of those points.
Still don't trust 'em.

User avatar
Renegade_Turner
Gramps
Posts: 6942
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:59 am

Re: randomness

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:02 am

Yup, even after reversing on the always-online and used game issues, still PS4 for me hands down. I'm gonna wait until they release and get a price drop, though. Just in case.

User avatar
Ragdollmaster
Posts: 2343
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:49 am
Location: Island of Lugaru

Re: randomness

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 am

They didn't really have a choice at this point, they saw that they were going to get curbstomped otherwise. Their statement is basically, "Hey, we listened, give us mone- I mean, it's because we care about you."

Also still always have to have Kinect plugged in for XBone to work, and of course the mandatory Kinect ramps up the price $100 for a weaker piece of hardware. No go for me.

R_T I'll likely do the same thing, perhaps wait until next holiday season. $299 would be great, but even $349 would be a bit easier on the wallet.

User avatar
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick
Posts: 3655
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:37 am
Location: Robbing the cradle.

Re: randomness

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:15 pm

The Xbox One isn't getting a Japanese release (at least not any time soon), which honestly, most likely means, no Japanese games. So its a no buy for me.

User avatar
underthedeep
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: southern california
Contact:

Re: randomness

Post by underthedeep » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:35 pm

Grayswandir wrote:The Xbox One isn't getting a Japanese release (at least not any time soon), which honestly, most likely means, no Japanese games. So its a no buy for me.
that is definitely a deal breaker.

User avatar
Jacktheawesome
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:06 am
Location: In Zulway's foot palace.
Contact:

Re: randomness

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Someone on reddit suggested the whole present-product-with-retarded-restrictions-and-then-a-month-before-release-reverse-those-restrictions-in-a-supposed-show-of-listening-to-customer-feedback is naught but a new marketing strategy. Even so, best case scenario they're sneaky douchebags.

User avatar
Renegade_Turner
Gramps
Posts: 6942
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:59 am

Re: randomness

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:44 am

Kinda stinks of eating their words and passing it off as customer interaction. Whatever way it worked out, at least it showed that the customers were the ones running the show, if only in this aspect. Also it ratifies bitching and whining on the internet as a legitimate way to influence change, and for that I'm glad. All these years haven't been for naught. =P

User avatar
Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:05 pm
Contact:

Re: randomness

Post by Constance » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:10 pm

...I'm still not gonna buy the fucking Xbone. I am not going to feed those motherfuckers at Microsoft.

User avatar
Ragdollmaster
Posts: 2343
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:49 am
Location: Island of Lugaru

Re: randomness

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:at least it showed that the customers were the ones running the show, if only in this aspect.
I seem to recall a quote from somebody at Microsoft suggesting that it wasn't listening to the customers so much as Sony forcing their hand. If Sony had had the same DRM policies and people had still complained, MS probably wouldn't have done a thing about it.

In any case, regardless of why they changed it, the fact that they tried it at all is rather fishy.

User avatar
Assaultman67
Posts: 2109
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: randomness

Post by Assaultman67 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:at least it showed that the customers were the ones running the show, if only in this aspect.
I seem to recall a quote from somebody at Microsoft suggesting that it wasn't listening to the customers so much as Sony forcing their hand. If Sony had had the same DRM policies and people had still complained, MS probably wouldn't have done a thing about it.
You bet your ass they wouldnt have done a thing about it.

If Sony had followed the same policy as Microsoft, they would have mopped up the market as they had their consumers cornered.

Thank god the capitalism system worked as intended. :? (Competing rather than working together to corner a market.)

User avatar
Jacktheawesome
Posts: 2406
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:06 am
Location: In Zulway's foot palace.
Contact:

Re: randomness

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:51 pm

I don't see why Sony would want to do that; embarrassing Microsoft like they did seems much more profitable than cooperating and splitting the console buyers between themselves.

User avatar
Renegade_Turner
Gramps
Posts: 6942
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:59 am

Re: randomness

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:53 am

Assaultman67 wrote:
Ragdollmaster wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:at least it showed that the customers were the ones running the show, if only in this aspect.
I seem to recall a quote from somebody at Microsoft suggesting that it wasn't listening to the customers so much as Sony forcing their hand. If Sony had had the same DRM policies and people had still complained, MS probably wouldn't have done a thing about it.
You bet your ass they wouldnt have done a thing about it.

If Sony had followed the same policy as Microsoft, they would have mopped up the market as they had their consumers cornered.

Thank god the capitalism system worked as intended. :? (Competing rather than working together to corner a market.)
But that's my point exactly, guys. On the off-chance that Sony were originally considering introducing the same DRM and used-game policies, the intense backlash from consumers towards Microsoft would have changed their mind. They noticed all the hate and said to themselves "Oh, this is too good to not milk." So the root of this change is still the consumers, not Sony.

Post Reply