randomness

Anything else
Endoperez

Re: randomness

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:19 am

You keep insulting him, which was his stated reason for worrying about the attention. Do you think his worry was unfounded?

Whether his reaction to the attention was the best or worst way to go about it is an entirely separate thing. How, in your opinion, should a charity react if they suspect they are going to get more attention than they can handle?

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:23 am

Endoperez wrote:You keep insulting him, which was his stated reason for worrying about the attention. Do you think his worry was unfounded?
Yes and no.
Was the worry that insulting founded? Yes.
Was the issue something he should have worried about in the first place
? No.
Whether his reaction to the attention was the best or worst way to go about it is an entirely separate thing. How, in your opinion, should a charity react if they suspect they are going to get more attention than they can handle?
Then try and keep it orderly. More attention isn't a bad thing. More disabled people get money that way. Everyone (Except those who donate) win.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:16 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:Then try and keep it orderly. More attention isn't a bad thing. More disabled people get money that way. Everyone (Except those who donate) win.
Insults in charity chat drive people away. Also insults are not acceptable means of communication in normal life.

They can't keep it orderly if there's a hundred chatters to each moderator (only 6). It's like sites downed by Reddit - when you realize it's going to happen, it's too late.

That means your only suggestion was impossible to do from the get-go.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Oh my god I really hope Phoenix ever once tries acting like this in real life so somebody busts his face open. Pain is a good teacher.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:Oh my god I really hope Phoenix ever once tries acting like this in real life so somebody busts his face open. Pain is a good teacher.
People tried that. Generally didn't end well for them.
School was shit, is what I'm getting at.
Endoperez wrote: Insults in charity chat drive people away. Also insults are not acceptable means of communication in normal life.
Yes, but this is the internet.

They can't keep it orderly if there's a hundred chatters to each moderator (only 6). It's like sites downed by Reddit - when you realize it's going to happen, it's too late.
I've seen it happen on streams with 1 or 2 moderators to the thousands of people watching. It's not hard.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:35 pm

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble in school. It's never good or acceptable.

Dude, internet is communication and you are not supposed to be insulting. There are exceptions in anonymous forums and %chans, but charity streams are not one.

And really, it wasn't 600 people to the stream they were afraid of, but 600 trolls. You know' it's Total Biscuit. One percent of a percent of his followers is still a few dozen.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Dude, internet is communication and you are not supposed to be insulting. There are exceptions in anonymous forums and %chans, but charity streams are not one.
It's still gonna happen. And people should just figure it'll happen and ignore it. People are assholes.

And really, it wasn't 600 people to the stream they were afraid of, but 600 trolls. You know' it's Total Biscuit. One percent of a percent of his followers is still a few dozen.
That's still a generalization. A lot of people would have donated. They banned them on the basis of their stance on the GG issue. Not on the issue of "Will you donate or not?".

Sorry disabled people! No cash for you and your desperately needed controllers!

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:48 pm

To answer to that I'd have to dig through all the drama and figure out what was actually done, who banned whom, all the details that I don't trust you got right. And then I would know whether something someone who thinks insults are only a problem if you feel insulted was right.

Honestly, why should I bother listening to you? I can't trust what you say (you rarely 'verify' it seems), these discussions never get finished, we never get to any sort of agreement.

What is your endgame? Why do you repost these things here? What do you think it will accomplish?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:20 pm

It's 3 am and I can't figure out how people were banned from the charity stream. I saw people who expected a small friendly thing freak out in an ugly way about getting attention from people they seemed to be afraid of. I mean, it's pretty clear these people don't have the skills needed to run a big charity event, nor the skills to politely ask TB to not share their event.

They shouldn't have insulted anyone IMO, specifically not over a thing meant well.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:28 pm

Endoperez wrote:To answer to that I'd have to dig through all the drama and figure out what was actually done, who banned whom, all the details that I don't trust you got right. And then I would know whether something someone who thinks insults are only a problem if you feel insulted was right.
You could read the storify page, which has various tweets that prove it.

Honestly, why should I bother listening to you? I can't trust what you say (you rarely 'verify' it seems), these discussions never get finished, we never get to any sort of agreement.
Because eternal arguments keep the internet going.
What is your endgame?
Secret. :D
I can say everything is going JUST AS PLANNED.
Why do you repost these things here?
To inform, spark (Needless) discussion and generally to spread information of the events.
What do you think it will accomplish?
Just that. All of the above, but not much else.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:53 pm

You claim to inform, but your information is biased, one-sided and deceiving. For example, in this case I've seen nothing that indicates that anyone was banned from the stream - in fact I don't even know if the stream happened at all.

I can't trust anything you say. Even when you are right, I have to spend sometimes hours figuring out what really happened. The only reason I haven't ignored you is that it's technically impossible to hide a preorderer's messages, and ignoring lies when I see them before my eyes feels wrong.

Is that your endgame? Are you happy with how you represent yourself?

Nonetheless, I'll grant you one thing - you showed me harassment of Zoe Quinn, I saw Baldwin name it GamerGate, and you've repeatedly demonstrated why I don't like it.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Endoperez wrote:You claim to inform, but your information is biased, one-sided and deceiving. For example, in this case I've seen nothing that indicates that anyone was banned from the stream - in fact I don't even know if the stream happened at all.
Whoops, the stream didn't happen. But people were blocked and "Banned" (According to one tweet) for being followers of GG. Durp used the GGAutoblocker so people's feelz can remain unhurt.
Point stands though. The user was being a whiny bitch who was too worried about the feelings of a few people then the vast majority of donaters. It seems like having a victim complex is a pretty profitable thing to do.
I think I'm right on this one, if nothing else.

I can't trust anything you say. Even when you are right,
I was right?
I have to spend sometimes hours figuring out what really happened. The only reason I haven't ignored you is that it's technically impossible to hide a preorderer's messages, and ignoring lies when I see them before my eyes feels wrong.
1: That seems like a lot of excess work. Fact checking isn't hard, and I've gotten by fine without doing it. My posts aren't reliable, but they work.
2: I can hide messages?
3: Lies? I think lying would be intentionally twisting the truth, or making it up. I'm just presenting a portion of the story, that's not bad in any sense.
Is that your endgame? Are you happy with how you represent yourself?
Endgame is still a secret. And yes.
I have the worst eye for myself, so I have no idea how I look.
I do know how you guys look in response to me though, and frankly it's stupid.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Ragdollmaster wrote:Oh my god I really hope Phoenix ever once tries acting like this in real life so somebody busts his face open. Pain is a good teacher.
People tried that. Generally didn't end well for them.
They didn't get him to stop talking.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:57 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote: Point stands though. The user was being a whiny bitch who was too worried about the feelings of a few people then the vast majority of donaters. It seems like having a victim complex is a pretty profitable thing to do.
I think I'm right on this one, if nothing else.
You claim a paradox is where you are right? He refuses money, which makes him a profitable victim?
Why is it wrong to be a whiny bitch? Insults don't matter, nor polite behaviour.
All that you are consistently against, all that your own words don't contradict, is 'he was too worried'.

No, their mistake was being rude and insulting.
I do know how you guys look in response to me though, and frankly it's stupid.
Frustrated? Stubborn, when I'm the last one who bothers beyond a few quips?

I assume you see me as a brainwashed feminist who can't see that I'm really with the bad guys who lie and slander and get rich complaining and want to change video games because masculinity is a bad thing. Which, again, is a biased hyperbole.

If not that, I have no idea.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:30 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote: 1: That seems like a lot of excess work. Fact checking isn't hard, and I've gotten by fine without doing it. My posts aren't reliable, but they work.
2: I can hide messages?
3: Lies? I think lying would be intentionally twisting the truth, or making it up. I'm just presenting a portion of the story, that's not bad in any sense.
I didn't even notice this at first.

1 what. NO!

2. Friends and foes. Only non-mods can be ignored. All pre-Os are 'mods'.

3. You say things that are false. Constantly. I mean, this is your stated purpose:

To inform, spark (Needless) discussion and generally to spread information of the events

And your stated method:
[Fact checking] seems like a lot of excess work. Fact checking isn't hard, and I've gotten by fine without doing [Fact checking].

You spread rumours, slander, falsehoods, partial truths, occasionally outright lies, and then claim you 'inform'. Don't you care about ethics in how people talk about games? I do! I hate seeing someone disrespect it like this. You make all gamers look bad by association. You are ruining things. That can't be what you want out of this.