randomness

Anything else
Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: randomness

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:56 pm

Supa black maaaaaan

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:58 am

here taste some of my happy electronic music, it's a collab between two awesome people and a collab between those two awesome people is always a legendary collab.

btw endo could you post that video agian that shows how to make my handgun animation snappy?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:23 am

Not a fan of electronic music (I'm not big on music in general), but I was surprised that it really was happy, electronic music. I don't think I've come across that combination before, or if I have, I didn't recognize it. I liked it. :)
rodeje25 wrote:btw endo could you post that video agian that shows how to make my handgun animation snappy?
I posted a video about that? Hmm. I have no idea which video it was or how I found it. Here's something else (probably):

https://cgcookie.com/blender/2009/12/23 ... on-curves/

He doesn't really explain "Easing" there. You don't usually adjust all the curve points manually all the way, but tell the software how you want the curve to be interpolated between the points. It's based on principles of traditional animation and I can't find a good example vid for it right now, but some keyframes that might work:

easing, ease-in, ease-out, curve interpolation, linear interpolation. Oh, and 'graph editor' and 'Blender', obviously, because the terms are in use across all the animation packages and even in traditional animation.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:58 am

Endoperez wrote:Not a fan of electronic music (I'm not big on music in general), but I was surprised that it really was happy, electronic music. I don't think I've come across that combination before, or if I have, I didn't recognize it. I liked it. :)
glad you liked it. :)
rodeje25 wrote:btw endo could you post that video agian that shows how to make my handgun animation snappy?
I posted a video about that? Hmm. I have no idea which video it was or how I found it. Here's something else (probably):

https://cgcookie.com/blender/2009/12/23 ... on-curves/

He doesn't really explain "Easing" there. You don't usually adjust all the curve points manually all the way, but tell the software how you want the curve to be interpolated between the points. It's based on principles of traditional animation and I can't find a good example vid for it right now, but some keyframes that might work:

easing, ease-in, ease-out, curve interpolation, linear interpolation. Oh, and 'graph editor' and 'Blender', obviously, because the terms are in use across all the animation packages and even in traditional animation.
yup..... i messed up the animation...... i didn't save luckily.
still i don't really get what i should do and how, i do know now i can change curves to get different speeds and make it not go smooth.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:12 am

rodeje25 wrote:yup..... i messed up the animation...... i didn't save luckily.
still i don't really get what i should do and how, i do know now i can change curves to get different speeds and make it not go smooth.
That depends on how, exactly, your keyframes for the motion are set up. If there's a keyframe at the last point where the gun is still aimed at the target, and a keyframe for when the kick-back motion has ended, then you just set the curves to "ease-out".
[+] Animation stuff
Out of these, it should be something similar to ease-out curves sine, cubic or quad.

If, as you said earlier at some point, you have manually set several of the keyframes, you can move the keyframes around in the timeline to get the same effect.

If the keyframes are close together on the timeline, the movement is slow. If they are far apart, the movement is fast. If you have lots of keyframes, move them away from the frame where the gun is still aimed at the target, towards the frame where the kick-back has just ended. If the rotation doesn't change evenly across the keyframes, you'll have to manually adjust the timing, but again, moving the frame's position on the timeline does that. Of course, there's only 24 or 30 frames for each second, so if you want smooth motion, there might not be enough granularity in there to fix the frames purely by changing the timing.

This is really starting to be about the principles of animation, it's interesting stuff but I'm not so familiar with it that I'd feel comfortable going into detailed explanations. There's lots of great videos about it though, and since it's, well, animation... video works much better than static text.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:32 pm

starting to understand stuff.
will try it tommorow!
thanks for the interesting stuff!

also KSP 1.0 IS OUT!!!!
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:02 pm

Whoo, KSP! Finally out of Early Access.

http://rivalrivalrival.bandcamp.com/tra ... per-square

More Crypt of the Necrodancer remixes.

...and some Yuudachi.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:29 pm

I lost interest in KSP after they caved and added female Kerbals.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:I lost interest in KSP after they caved and added female Kerbals.
You let your gender politics influence your opinions on games more than I do, and I'm a feminist. It’s entirely possible to be critical of some aspects of a piece of media while still finding other parts valuable or enjoyable.

Squad seems to have taken a minimalist approach - I'm not sure if there's any difference s apart from a different hair and a hint of stylised eyelashes over the eyes.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:22 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:I lost interest in KSP after they caved and added female Kerbals.
Squad seems to have taken a minimalist approach - I'm not sure if there's any difference s apart from a different hair and a hint of stylised eyelashes over the eyes.
Their heads are a little bit rounder but other than that valentina is as suicidal as jeb

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:59 pm

rodeje25 wrote: Their heads are a little bit rounder but other than that valentina is as suicidal as jeb
Seems fine to me. The strong, angular jaw is a rather masculine feature.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:21 am

Endoperez wrote: You let your gender politics influence your opinions on games more than I do, and I'm a feminist.
1: I'm not sure that's physically possible but alright.
2: I can afford to be a bit picky.
It’s entirely possible to be critical of some aspects of a piece of media while still finding other parts valuable or enjoyable.
Well, there's the thing. I don't find any other parts of KSP to be enjoyable for anything other than a time sink and learning experience. I don't have the time for one, or the baseline knowledge for the other. So I shrugged it off after 120 hours (at least).
No regrets tho.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:54 am

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote: 2: I can afford to be a bit picky.

Well, there's the thing. I don't find any other parts of KSP to be enjoyable for anything other than a time sink and learning experience. I don't have the time for one, or the baseline knowledge for the other. So I shrugged it off after 120 hours (at least).
No regrets tho.
Being picky is normal. It's weird if someone wants to collect every game, ever, or something (I have weird friends).

I haven't played Kerbal for those exact reasons, and I've stopped playing League of Legends for the same reason, so yeah I can understand that. The way you said you quit it after the developers "caved in" made it seem like that was the reason you quit it.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:30 pm

Both fair points.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:51 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote: 2: I can afford to be a bit picky.

No regrets tho.
Being picky is normal. It's weird if someone wants to collect every game, ever, or something (I have weird friends).

I haven't played Kerbal for those exact reasons, and I've stopped playing League of Legends for the same reason, so yeah I can understand that. The way you said you quit it after the developers "caved in" made it seem like that was the reason you quit it.
there is no WAY that lol was a learning experience!!!
a time sink?
yes
a friend of me was addicted to it and had in 1 month over 300 hours on steam