randomness

Anything else
adwuga

Re: randomness

Post by adwuga » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Fish, because motorcycles don't have doors.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re:

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:18 am

Zhukov wrote:Battlefield 3's campaign is crap. The highlight was a QTE fight against a rat.
RAT BATTLE

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:02 pm

Yes, he gives the rat the finger.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:32 pm

Out of context, that seems extremely pathetic. What was happening? Was he trying to be silent, so he couldn't use his gun, or just smack it? Or does he just suck?

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:16 am

The character only has a knife at that point because his guns were disintegrated by an earthquake. He was trying to sneak past some enemies when he encountered the fearsome rat shown above.

Apparently the rats in Iraq are kinda badass.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:34 pm

Wait, his guns disintegrated? I don't know much about earthquakes, but that seems oddly specific. Whatever though, I'm sure the multiplayer is awesome. Someone said it's not very destructible. Is that true?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:41 pm

adwuga wrote:Wait, his guns disintegrated? I don't know much about earthquakes, but that seems oddly specific.
From what I understand he just lost them in the rubble, they didn't disintegrate.
Whatever though, I'm sure the multiplayer is awesome. Someone said it's not very destructible. Is that true?
Well comparing Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, yes, there seems to be less to destroy and blow up. In Bad Company 2, you could pretty much level all the buildings if you applied enough explosives or crashed enough vehicles into them. By the end of a match, the entire level would be smoking chunks of concrete and firey craters (which looked awesome). This is arguable, but it caused problems during the Rush game mode, where one team defends sets of objectives, while the other team tries to destroy them by activating them. Because a majority of the buildings were destroyable, you could collapse a building on top of an objective, immediately destroying it. They patched this later by moving the objectives just outside a building or making a building housing an objective only destroyable down to its frame, it wouldn't collapse.

As for Battlefield 3, I'm going to guess a mix of map design and map location. Bad Company 2's maps were always set out in the open, with empty landscape on the edges of the maps, so they could pretty much destroy everything. In Battlefield 3, some of the locations are set partially underground or even in the middle of a city. Buildings can take more damage now, in Bad Company 2, you could fire a 40mm grenade into a wall and it would blow it out, in Battlefield 3 you either have to fire multiple grenades or hit it with as rocket (crashing a tank through the wall works too). I also noticed DICE didn't put any objectives inside buildings that could be destroyed and if they were inside they were in an area that couldn't be destroyed at all (like inside a subway tunnel).

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:46 am

Recently got done watching the Avatar: The Last Airbender series for the first time.

I am slightly ashamed by how much unironic enjoyment I got out of watching a show that is unapologetically intended for children.

That said, I am totally going to watch the new one. Where nobody can see. With the door locked. And with headphones.

Lastly, Toph is awesome.

Freshbite

Re:

Post by Freshbite » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:40 am

Zhukov wrote:I am slightly ashamed by how much unironic enjoyment I got out of watching a show that is unapologetically intended for children.
That's somewhat how I felt after watching the entire first season of 'My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic'. It is legitimately amusing.

Luckily, it hasn't come to the point when I find an interest in playing with their toys. Image

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:15 pm

It just goes to show that anything which is very well-made can have widespread appeal outside of the target audience. Friendship Is Magic is arguably the best example of this.

Now for something completely unrelated to the discussion at hand.

Dawww.

adwuga

Re:

Post by adwuga » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Zhukov wrote:Recently got done watching the Avatar: The Last Airbender series for the first time.

I am slightly ashamed by how much unironic enjoyment I got out of watching a show that is unapologetically intended for children.

That said, I am totally going to watch the new one. Where nobody can see. With the door locked. And with headphones.

Lastly, Toph is awesome.
What new one?

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:10 pm

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Aang and Katara had sex. teehee.

Sounds kind of interesting. I might watch this.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Anybody here a Homestuck reader? I tried reading it once before and got bored pretty quickly, but a few of my friends from DRLFF convinced me to giving it another go. I'm not totally sure what I saw here, I just know it's majestically complex, and it seems to make sense to all of them, so I'm going to try to peruse the like 1900+ pages (which includes animations) of this comic sometime soon.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/582345

Actually I've started right now.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:18 pm

I started reading homestuck a while ago, a friend of mine got me into it, I got just over 100 pages in and didn't really go back. Considering going back to it soon though, 'tis good.