randomness

Anything else
Endoperez

Re: randomness

Post by Endoperez » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:51 pm

rodeje25 wrote:It's a He :P and he said some very stupid things like "Rap is the new Rock and i'm te best rockstar that ever lived" and he kept cutting of other celebs and Some more stuff i would have to look up. That's why it's gonna be worse than trump...
WHOA WHOA whoa whoa whoa...

So he was wrong, he's overconfident, he's a bit rude and stuff.

But this is Trump. His stupid remarks have been on the news here. He's being made fun of here. In the "look at our own racist jingoist politicians sounding their own trumpet, and remember that it could be worse" way. Half the world over.

The rest of the world is looking at you and going "those guys have nukes WTF are they doing don't let that guy anywhere near them no guys just no that's NO don't do it. PLS"

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:29 pm

Endoperez wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:It's a He :P and he said some very stupid things like "Rap is the new Rock and i'm te best rockstar that ever lived" and he kept cutting of other celebs and Some more stuff i would have to look up. That's why it's gonna be worse than trump...

But this is Trump. His stupid remarks have been on the news here. He's being made fun of here. In the "look at our own racist jingoist politicians sounding their own trumpet, and remember that it could be worse" way. Half the world over.

The rest of the world is looking at you and going "those guys have nukes WTF are they doing don't let that guy anywhere near them no guys just no that's NO don't do it. PLS"
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/music/top- ... as-6458435

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Endoperez wrote:

The whole presidential running has become a huge joke. Donald Trump is running (and people actually like him), some 15 year old kid who named himself "Deez Nuts" had a 9% approval rating, and Kanye is running for 2020. Also, Hulk Hogan wants to become Donald Trump's running mate.

I'm pretty sure I saw an SNL sketch like this once.

This is the first election I'll be eligible to vote on, and it looks like I'll be voting on which "joke" is the most useful to this country.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:13 pm

David should get the rabbit candle. :D

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:06 am

Dammasta wrote:
Endoperez wrote:

The whole presidential running has become a huge joke. Donald Trump is running (and people actually like him), some 15 year old kid who named himself "Deez Nuts" had a 9% approval rating, and Kanye is running for 2020. Also, Hulk Hogan wants to become Donald Trump's running mate.

I'm pretty sure I saw an SNL sketch like this once.

This is the first election I'll be eligible to vote on, and it looks like I'll be voting on which "joke" is the most useful to this country.
Popping to say that you should vote for deez nutz.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:04 pm

I agree with phoenixwarrior aand i need halp! Really it's 1 am in the morning now so i can only sleep for 5 more hours and i can't fall asleep..... HEEEEEELP MEEEEEEEEH

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:47 pm

rodeje25 wrote:I agree with phoenixwarrior aand i need halp! Really it's 1 am in the morning now so i can only sleep for 5 more hours and i can't fall asleep..... HEEEEEELP MEEEEEEEEH
I hear the blue light of a computer screen is bad for your brain. There's a program called f.lux that tints your screen towards red at night. Not an immediate fix, but worth considering since it will help fix this in the future.

There might be over-the-counter drugs that help with sleep, such as melatonin, depending on where you live. However, make sure to read their instructions. For example, melatonin should be taken in the evening; taking it after midnight would make your body think it's evening THEN, & then it's very tired when you try to wake up in the morning it thinks as the night.

I've had some luck pretend-sleeping - breathing in a calm, sleep-like manner. Deep breaths in, out. Focus on the breathing. Seems about as anecdotal as the sheep thing.

Finally (and this is a good one) - watch Steven Universe. If you're not gonna sleep, the least you could do is spend your time well. What's even better, some of the early episodes are really weird and may result in... interesting... nightmares. Dreams. I mean dreams.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Endoperez wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:I agree with phoenixwarrior aand i need halp! Really it's 1 am in the morning now so i can only sleep for 5 more hours and i can't fall asleep..... HEEEEEELP MEEEEEEEEH
I hear the blue light of a computer screen is bad for your brain. There's a program called f.lux that tints your screen towards red at night. Not an immediate fix, but worth considering since it will help fix this in the future.

There might be over-the-counter drugs that help with sleep, such as melatonin, depending on where you live. However, make sure to read their instructions. For example, melatonin should be taken in the evening; taking it after midnight would make your body think it's evening THEN, & then it's very tired when you try to wake up in the morning it thinks as the night.

I've had some luck pretend-sleeping - breathing in a calm, sleep-like manner. Deep breaths in, out. Focus on the breathing. Seems about as anecdotal as the sheep thing.

Finally (and this is a good one) - watch Steven Universe. If you're not gonna sleep, the least you could do is spend your time well. What's even better, some of the early episodes are really weird and may result in... interesting... nightmares. Dreams. I mean dreams.
I know about f.lux and melatonin but it's rare that i can't fall asleep. That breathing stuff is something i'm going to try next time tough (thanks for that!). And i came on my phone because i couldn't sleep so yeah :p it's morning now... I survived it to say the least

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:55 am

I too am still alive.
"But my problem is rare" isn't really an argument though, Rodeje. Sure you might not be able to predict when it happens, so melatonin's out, but f.lux will still help make the problem even more rare.
Though yeah, if all else fails, your only two options are either bulling through the unwillingness to sleep with meditation as suggested, or indeed, give up on sleeping altogether and brute-forcing through the small hours with games or series, like Stephen Universe, as a random, non-specific example.
I really need to look into starting that myself one of these days. Endo, you've convinced me to start watching but I don't know how.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:15 am

Glabbit wrote:I too am still alive.
"But my problem is rare" isn't really an argument though, Rodeje. Sure you might not be able to predict when it happens, so melatonin's out, but f.lux will still help make the problem even more rare.
Though yeah, if all else fails, your only two options are either bulling through the unwillingness to sleep with meditation as suggested, or indeed, give up on sleeping altogether and brute-forcing through the small hours with games or series, like Stephen Universe, as a random, non-specific example.
I really need to look into starting that myself one of these days. Endo, you've convinced me to start watching but I don't know how.
Eh i am not jailbroken and i lost my cables AGAIN so i can't install f.lux on my phone.
If i watch a serie i watch the walking dead.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:58 am

Glabbit wrote:I too am still alive.
I'm happy to hear that!
"But my problem is rare" isn't really an argument though,
This! Your problem was "I have a problem, what to do?". There are two ways to solve it - figure out what you can do & be ready, or make sure the problem doesn't come back.

This is a health problem, so prevention seems like the better option.

theworldofstevenuniverse.blogspot

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:03 am

...man that Stephen Universe intro reminds me of Space Oddity.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Yay!

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:43 am

Looks like Overgrowth was in some French gaming magazine.
Anyone could give a small translation of that?

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Saedz wrote:Image

Looks like Overgrowth was in some French gaming magazine.
Anyone could give a small translation of that?
i was very bad at french in school but ill try

Long Time Developers

whats has The Witness common with Overgrowth and life? Answer: a developement dbvucshdisa which extends over more than six years. fnrvsdmuijcls with the respective creators Jonathan Blow, Gaetan Blaise-Cazalet, David Rosen and Aubrey Serr, for the first episode of our ?column/section/topic? Bistrol or how the developement is put on the table.

Interview Plcnaisbzodf Coribais

games: any abort, thank you all for being free/ have time. its not easy with your respective games.
David Rosen: oh, ircniesf after six years fnriasfrcn one is no more vniwefc near evening
Jonathan Blow: seven years for me
Cazalat: Eight!

next column:
DR: For us, the initial plan was to create a successor to lugaru. we wanted to make a game in the same genre, but more rich and more technically advanced. we wanted to see if we could create aa AAA with small team. this might appear ridiculous, but in the beginning we thought it might take something like 6 month. I have

last column:
have you thought about aborting/cancelling?
JB Not at all. The Witness is the better choice/road which i want to take. im happy to have spend all this time on the game, and i ?repeat it willingly?
DR: Is it possible that this has crossed my spirit, but i dont want to dissapoint the players, and i believe ?sincerely? that one can finish Overgrowth...
(wou thats some news for me oookaaay)

Bubbububle:
making a good journey is the important thing. going to the cinema, to the restaurant all the things of "normal" life, i srfsdc myself a bit. Jonathan Blow

i couldnt read everything because of the wuality so i rvacskierncma^lvfn a there