randomness

Anything else
Endoperez

Re: randomness

Post by Endoperez » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:57 pm

Yeah, but how many Cthulhu-themed superheroes you know? Guy's got a PR problem.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 pm

That makes me wonder if there was ever a case with Cthulhu as a character and copyright.
I decided to spend 3 hours looking for rule 34 of that pic. Thanks for dat.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:06 pm

I had to check some dates, but I believe I first saw the trailer for the series... 2 years ago.

It's changed from 2D to 3D since. It might air this year. Few hours here, few hours there? It is quite a time-waster, and it hasn't even been released yet! :mrgreen:
Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:That makes me wonder if there was ever a case with Cthulhu as a character and copyright.
[+] Cthulhus
You mean, with someone else taking Cthulhu and writing him into something as a character? Lovecraft's work has been public domain since... 2008, I think.

... Yeah. Hello Kitty + Cthulhu (although that one was actually started in 2002).

Also, one August Derleth continued writing the Cthulhu Mythos after Lovecraft himself had died, and then there's all the mind-destroying tentacle monsters in Dungeons & Dragons...

and that silly Cthulhu Saves The World game.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:57 pm

I was watching a YouTuber play NEO Scavenger and I read one of the events.
I want to eat someone now. Curiosity.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:58 am

A bit delayed, but the creator and lead animator of the web-series "RWBY" by Rooster Teeth died on February 1st. He was 33.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Oum

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:00 am

I came up with a random idea for a game, figured I'd post it here.
[+] Game Idea
Since I haven't made much project one my ongoing game (Which I finally have a title for: Uprising), I figure I might as well spit out the concept for a similar game that stays closer to the original lore that I wrote for it (Fun fact, Uprising was originally a sidescrolling shooter entitled The Omega Unit, however after much debate [Mostly on art and my ability to make a somewhat "original" side-scrolling platformer shooter] and lore writing, I changed concepts to what I wanted my first game to be, which would evolve from a squad-based urban combat game titled United We Stand to Uprising, set many years before TOU in the same universe but in a different war. Hence my "secret" part of my post about sprites where I made mention of green hexagon units for a faction for a campaign in a free DLC if the game ever came to fruition.
The Omega Unit as a game remains in limbo. It has switched concepts millions of times, from 20 chapter epic with many characters and storylines, to a web series, to a X-COM style game where the player commands a group of ECRT operatives, to a short game where the player followed the events of a single character, to an large open world FTL-like adventure. It was slated for a 2016 release before I put it on hold then scrapped it entirely before writing out multiple concepts and attempting to sketch out pixel art, then at one point it had various packs for the release on discussion with friends for their validity on the storefront. And it will be released in the near future once I develop the skills and ideas necessary to develop it.).

Now I need to start a new paragraph because that story took way longer then originally anticipated. Jesus Christ.
The idea would follow the player handling the micro of an on-going battles as a commander of a force. Doing things like moving squads where they need to be, things of the like.
What makes this original or challenging you might ask?
Because of the somewhat... interesting chain of command that the player has to follow.
Let me show you an example.
Before a battle, the player has to choose/create a Task Force.
That Task Force is made up of various companies (That have very specific functions [Such as an armor company]), which is made up of many units (Which function like platoons), which are made up of squads.
That sounds simple? It gets more complicated.
Task Forces are taken from Brigades, which are taken from Detachments (Which are stationed with Battlegroups, a portion of a fleet).
I honestly have few ideas as to how this could function in the game itself, so if anyone wants to shoot it out there. Be my guest.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:46 am

Weird. Seems like this was posted 2 days after I had lamented about Miraculous Ladybug taking ages to get done, and searched Youtube for any new clips and found there had been no news at all.

Action scene co-starring the black cat-boy.

http://vimeo.com/119208377

His transformation scene (2nd on top row ATM).

http://instagram.com/jeremy_zag/

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:44 pm

GET THE FUCKING POPCORN BOYS!

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Meanwhile other people are getting humanist awards, collect geek cred and getting their likeness immortalized in games.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/10/801147 ... sarkeesian

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:23 pm

Looks like I'm not getting Towerfall.
Thanks Endo.

MEANWHILE: http://store.steampowered.com/app/341940
IT'S HEERRREEE
Edit: Fixed a link.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:14 pm

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:20 am

Wait, what's this about things in Towerfall I don't know about? I love Towerfall. The link isn't working.
Tell me O:

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:34 am

Glabbit wrote:Wait, what's this about things in Towerfall I don't know about? I love Towerfall. The link isn't working.
Tell me O:
An upcoming Dark World expansion with 10 more characters! That's what's this is about!

There's a few new levels, at least one new game mode, a couple of new powerup arrows and as mentioned, new characters. The one pictured above is an alternate Blue archer, and it was visually inspired by Anita Sarkeesian. They wanted to thank her since they believe her videos improved their character designs, and so made the game more inviting for everyone.

Which platform do you use to play Towerfall? I've only played it on an Ouya a friend had.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:31 am

Towerfall also came out on Steam. its also on PS4.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Glabbit wrote:Wait, what's this about things in Towerfall I don't know about? I love Towerfall. The link isn't working.
Tell me O:
The developers went full Macintosh.