randomness

Anything else
Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Re: randomness

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:53 pm

That's what Goat Simulator did.

And nobody wants another one of those.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:39 am

Guys? You know what's great? STEVEN UNIVERSE is great!
[+] WARNING rabid anthropomorphic rock crystal fandom may be contagious
There were several nice episodes this week. One of them was about how, when captured soldiers are are physically abused, the psychological factor of forcing them to do things without their consent (with a heavy rape-allegory) can be just as bad as the actual physical mutilation.

I'm not exaggerating much, and yes, that was a horror episode. One day SU has a horror episode. Another day, it has a musical number about a kid who wants to learn to use a sword. And the teacher projecting her past failures onto her student, because this show has layers.

Here's a song about the sword, because it's fun. Gohan much?

Here's a clip about an early horror episode that doesn't spoil anything. They use "kid-friendly" cartoon style andd hide it under allegories and metaphors, but the show handles complex concepts and fears (cancer?).

It's not a horror show, although it has scary parts. It's not an action show, although it has many cool action scenes. It's not a romance show, although many big character arcs are about love. It is a kids' show, which in this case means there's no blood and no sex, so that when someone's wounded there's no blood and when people talk about love there's a whole lot of metaphors.

It is one of the best written shows I've ever seen. It's a show about a set of characters who grow and change, and the audience is invited to experience all sorts of things through the characters. It's working for me!

If you're interested, well, admittedly it does start slow.The first dozen (10-minute) episodes build up a sort of a status quo, but things start getting more and more interesting quickly afterwards.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:38 pm

long story short: kids you must never touch a cat because they cause cancer.

edit: i get a warm feeling when i look at the old blog posts and the nice comments people post! like "if you bought the fake copy of lugaru just forward your receipt to [wolfire's email] and you'll get the authentic version and as a bonus a steam key!" wolfire is just the kindest indie game company there is on the internet.

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:38 am

So it's an animation about air dogfights. Why do you think it's good and we should check it out?

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:43 am

erwwwwwefufufuffulufeuwjafiwoppfjonanpwcmfafiopmfhahnacnctunppyntqntfcuhfjnfjhnfjnpef.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

*sigh*

what did i just see?

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Endoperez wrote:So it's an animation about air dogfights. Why do you think it's good and we should check it out?
There's a lot of little symbolism hidden here and there, it goes a bit beyond the basic WW2 Dogfight you'd expect.

Plus the art style is amazing.
rodeje25 wrote:
erwwwwwefufufuffulufeuwjafiwoppfjonanpwcmfafiopmfhahnacnctunppyntqntfcuhfjnfjhnfjnpef.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

*sigh*

what did i just see?
I was equally confused. Had to watch it a few times.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
Endoperez wrote:So it's an animation about air dogfights. Why do you think it's good and we should check it out?
There's a lot of little symbolism hidden here and there, it goes a bit beyond the basic WW2 Dogfight you'd expect.

Plus the art style is amazing.
It's about the demons in our souls that have the power to push us into blind hate rage and fury. The description of the video says enough!
rodeje25 wrote:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

*sigh*

what did i just see?
I was equally confused. Had to watch it a few times.
I got confused when they turned into demons and they kamikazed into eachother! I was like okay so you have no more bullets you can go home now but NOPE!

PrincessCelestia

Post by PrincessCelestia » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:00 pm

I would say that the description for the animation is a bit incorrect. Neither of those pilots would be trying to kill each other if their governments hadn't commanded them to. In fact, one or both of them was likely conscripted and forced into service, which is far more common across the globe than voluntary service is. War is a racket, the powerful line their pockets with gold stained by the blood of the poor.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:32 pm

War is also good for "science". When else would you have this idea of "I hear these other guys have some sort of a poison gas. Okay, boys, let's you walk into this shack while we pump it full of their poison gas to see how badly you get hurt! Blacks first, then the japs, whites will be the control. Hup hup!" and get to go through with it.

http://www.npr.org/2015/06/22/415194765 ... experiment

War is the worst. Knowing there's so many going on is a horrible thought. :(

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:21 am

PrincessCelestia wrote:I would say that the description for the animation is a bit incorrect. Neither of those pilots would be trying to kill each other if their governments hadn't commanded them to.
You neglect facts here.

1: They clearly didn't, both of them were running low on fuel and ammo and by the end of the fight they were just trying to kill each other for personal reasons. It's pretty clear that Hitler didn't walk up to some guy in a plane and said "Go fuck up this guy in particular", the fight was unfortunate chance given what we know.

2: They may or may not have been conscripted (I will touch on this later), it's implied that both pilots have loved ones at home they want to see/protect. The other pilot is keeping them from seeing them (their loved ones)/putting them in danger. Hence that undying hatred to the point where they just want to kill the other guy.

3: The reason they're fighting doesn't matter, they just want to kill each other. At the end during the montage of symbolism in blood you'll notice that King Leonidas (Y'know, the guy from 300) is there. A guy who probably didn't want to fight, but still fought to protect his homeland and family.
Did he want to fight? Probably not. Was he forced to? More than likely. Did it matter once he was fighting? No. He was still the demon of hate and rage we see depicted. The same applies for the pilots, whether they were forced to fight doesn't matter. They still became those demons once they were fighting.

I get your point though.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:37 am

I learned something guys i learned something finally! Never ever shut down your computer when it's booting because you have a chance that you break your harddrive and get an error saying incorrect number of thread records! But if you have the money you can buy diskwarrior to fix it..... So that's basically why i live with my dad...... If i mess something up he buys stuff to fix it.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:04 pm

rodeje25 wrote:I learned something guys i learned something finally! Never ever shut down your computer when it's booting because you have a chance that you break your harddrive and get an error saying incorrect number of thread records! But if you have the money you can buy diskwarrior to fix it..... So that's basically why i live with my dad...... If i mess something up he buys stuff to fix it.
That happened to me once, years ago! My dad fixed it by reformatting the drive and reinstalling Windows. XD

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:04 pm

Endoperez wrote:
rodeje25 wrote:I learned something guys i learned something finally! Never ever shut down your computer when it's booting because you have a chance that you break your harddrive and get an error saying incorrect number of thread records! But if you have the money you can buy diskwarrior to fix it..... So that's basically why i live with my dad...... If i mess something up he buys stuff to fix it.
That happened to me once, years ago! My dad fixed it by reformatting the drive and reinstalling Windows. XD
Disk utility told me to do that as well but i'm glad my dad said don't worry i'll buy disk warrior for you. :)

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:35 am

Pumped Up Kicks isn't mentioned enough on this forum.