Are there any New Mac Games out?

Anything else
Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Are there any New Mac Games out?

Post by Colicedus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:06 am

I have been bored out of my wits end, and I am also trying to fast for a blood test, so I cant eat, I need to think of something else, any good games you guys can think of for mac?

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:10 am

World of Warcraft

WoW IS GOD!!!
WoW IS ETERNAL!!!
WoW PWNZORS!!!
WAR IS A BIG COPY OF WoW DESPITE THE FACT THAT WARHAMMER WAS INVENTED LONG BEFORE WARCRAFT AND BLIZZARD COPIED HALF OF THE STUFF FOR WARCRAFT FROM WARHAMMER ANYWAYS!!!

no, in all seriousness, that's the kind of crap that the mmorpg.com forums get all the time...

anywho...i dunno Age of Empires III, Civilization 4, maybe?

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:15 am

Ok... Im having a look! :D

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:24 am

NO COLI!!! DON'T LOOK AT WoW, IT'LL CORRUPT YOU!!! NOO!!! (wait, you're already corrupted, hehe) anyways, the other 2 i mentioned are safe, though :D

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:25 am

WoW? I wasted a year of my life on that game and I wanna sue Blizzard to get them back! :evil:

But I love Age of Umpires 2 so I might love Age of Umpires 3!

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:15 am

no, no, i meant Age of Empires, not Umpires :P

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:23 am

CRAP! my Stupid Graphics card is to Crappy, what a load of crap!
Now because of this Im gonna go emo!

EMO I SAY!

excuse me guys, I need some alone time, with my chainsaw...
http://tookmylegsaway.ytmnd.com/

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:25 am

Even though I don't have a mac (yet. I plan on getting a macbook at some point in the future, though I dunno when that would be), I will admit I did try WoW on a few occasions. But I couldn't see what all the fuss was about, I couldn't get "addicted" like a few of the players seem to be.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:06 pm

I think Warcrack is over rated.
The only skill in it is maybe combination of spells that work together well, but I figure out how to deal the most effective damage in the end with those games.

The Graphics are so poor as well.
ever heard of a 7 sided wheel? and thats only the tip of the Ice burg.
only great thing about the game was maybe the LOD of the whole world at one time, but still, the world is small and budget, using alot of repeated graphics.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:43 pm

Colicedus wrote:The Graphics are so poor as well.
ever heard of a 7 sided wheel? and thats only the tip of the Ice burg.
only great thing about the game was maybe the LOD of the whole world at one time, but still, the world is small and budget, using alot of repeated graphics.
That's why these games are so successful world wide like in Korea. Starcraft, Diablo 2, World of Warcraft, everyone can play these games with pretty much any kind of computer.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:14 pm

Good point there...

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:03 pm

Yeah, I was actually slightly amazed that the Halo demo I downloaded a while ago worked really nice and smoothly… I guess I shouldn't underestimate the power of my G4 1.4 Ghz! :lol:

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:21 pm

The funny thing is, 99.99% of the time, you can safely ignore the processor requirements of a game. Unless it's got some revolutionary physics or AI, it's not going to lag out your computer.

What usually slows down games is an outdated graphics card and/or too little RAM. Trust me, I know. I've suffered both for many years now.

And Macs already have a big advantage over PCs in terms of performance - the Macs never have memory leak problems, something which has plagued PC gamers since the dawn of time. (To anyone who owns a PC: ever noticed that games gradually get slower over time? The play gets a little choppy, input takes a little longer, and the loading times increase? Well, it's probably memory leak. The only way to get rid of it is to restart either the game, or in some cases your computer. Sucks, huh?)

It's something random, but it's kind of interesting if you've ever had problems with it (older computers/games especially are chronic leakers).

Check out InsideMacGames, but be careful because it hates Firefox. Use Safari if you have to.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:50 pm

My experience contradicts most of what you have said here. The processor is vital to smooth performance in games, especially if you do not have a dedicated sound card. The CPU, GPU, and RAM are all potential bottlenecks for game performance. Mac programs also have the exact same memory leak problems as Windows programs.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:12 am

Luckily this iBook has incredible amounts of RAM, but I'd prefer to have a 2Ghz G4 processor than 1GB RAM, personally.

And Macs do have memory leaks, but it's very uncommon. Cythera (Probably the best RPG ever made) had bad memory leak problems, it crashed after playing for about two hours or so, and it often crashed after saving. Then again, I've never experienced memory leaks in OSX, so that's a bonus. However, that's probably because everyone who programs for mac is pretty damn good at it (Take David for example).