Wolfire Gaming Clan/Guild

Anything else

Should we create a Wolfire gaming clan/guild soon?

yes
60%
no
13%
give it some time
27%

Total votes: 15

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Wolfire Gaming Clan/Guild

Post by Blorx » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:51 pm

like the topic says, we need to expand, so i was thinking - gaming clan (or guild)

it would be cool, guys, we all play lots of different games online and offline and we can make a clan and have that single clan cover a bunch of different games...if needed, we can make official "clan"(or guild) forums through Invision Board or something...just a suggestion, it would be interesting and cool and imagine how many more people we can introduce to Lugaru 2...which considering will have online multiplayer...could be what we get based around...

just an idea, wanna hear comments on it
Last edited by Blorx on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:26 pm

Idea Stoler! :P

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:39 pm

Maybe we should wait until we know when L2 is coming out? This is a good idea, but I have a feeling it's going to be a while until L2 is released... or even when a dealine is thought of.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:57 pm

well, the other thing is, one of us could make the forum now and be the admin on the forums and anyone that joins that is currently a Wolfire Software forum member could become mods...or just have a special title or something...

anyways, we could make the forum now and get members and set up a community through the tons and bunches of other games now...so that when L2 comes out, we have a strong community that will support and regularly play L2...good idea?

also, as far as the actual clan forums go, i don't care much about a site so, someone else could do it but, for the forums, i was thinking we could have these sections

Category: General Clan Forums
Forum: Announcements
Forum: Clan Talk
Forum: Off-topic/Nonsense/Randomness
Category: Clan Supported Games (or just Games)
Forum: This Game
Sub-forum: In-Game Clan Events
Forum: That Game
Forum: Yada Yada Yada

and so on and so forth and as we set up we could add or delete forums as needed...also, that's just an example...i'm serious about what's there but that won't be it

EDIT: 1 question...clan or guild? because if we're to be based around Lugaru, clan sounds better but a lot of games have guilds...i say clan

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:50 pm

I dislike clans and guilds, not at all like those in MMORPGs…

However, a [Wolfire] clan might be interesting. Most of the online multiplayer games I play are just open-source FPS games, but I also sometimes play Toribash, Battle for Wesnoth (Which I don't even think has any clans) and a few others.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:23 pm

so the big question is....should we start one now? (this includes clan support for MMORPGs, online [open source or not] FPSs, online Fighting games [Toribash, etc], online Strategy games [including Battle for Wesnoth, StarCraft and etc], and any other of random browser based or client based games...) games support should depend on not whether members play it already or not but whether they will play it or not...

we should also be Mac, Linux and Windows friendly...not biased against any system, as Wolfire is not...and BWS, that's the idea, not support for MMORPGs only...but for all games that can be played online...aight?

so...again, big question, we want to start it now or not?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:48 am

Blorx wrote:…and BWS, that's the idea, not support for MMORPGs only…
Wuh? When did I give you the impression I was talking about that? All I meant was that I prefer MMORPG clans which are actually part of the server(s) themselves, and more specifically, most of them actually have a purpose (Clan Lord has a rather ancient map-making clan, etc).

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:45 am

ah, ok...well, i'm going to change the thread into a poll and see who wants the clan to happen soon

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:07 am

Me, but I'm not fussed. Therefore I vote "give it some time" (Ugh, I hate quoting uncapitalised words/sentences/things, I'm perhaps the weirdest grammar-freak around: I don't follow all the rules of grammar, nor correct ones sometimes, and yet I can't stand a lowercase "i" or an uncapitalised sentence, not to mention quoting things other than how they actually are… Anyone up for a grammatical freak show?)

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:27 am

I think we should give it some time too. I still don't know exactly what games we'd be playing :D
BunnyWithStick wrote:Anyone up for a grammatical freak show?
Sounds like a good idea. I'd want to be one of the grammatical freaks, although I think "Man with Grammar Nazi Tendencies" would fit my bill a little better, since I try and follow grammatical rules as much as possible. The only thing freakish about me is probably hating when people try and send messages in Scottish dialect (usually local friends) and spell it horribly. Seriously, it's worse than leet a lot of the time.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:05 am

alright then, should we just slowly start it through these forums...and make a list of games? if so, here's what i know people want so far (and some i'm taking a guess on...platform included...)

Battle for Wesnoth (W/M/L - Strategy (Turn-based))
Gate 88 (W/M/L - Strategy (Real-time))
Marathon Trilogy (AlephOne supports W/M/L - FPS)
World of Warcraft (W/M - MMORPG)
Neverwinter Nights (W/M [is Linux supported yet?] - RPG)
Adellion (W/M/L - MMORPG) [unreleased, in closed beta]
any of the games by Ironrealms (Browser - MMORPG (text-based))
BattleOn [any of their games] (Browser - RPG)
Dofus/Wakfu (W/M/L - MMORPG)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (W/M/L - FPS)
Quake Wars: Enemy Territory (W/M [will Linux be supported?] - FPS) [unreleased, in beta]
Clan Lord (W/M - MMORPG)
Arindal (W/M/L - MMORPG)
The Original Doom Trilogy (certain programs support W/M/L - FPS)
Quake I/II/III (W/M/L - FPS)
Cube/Sauerbraten (W/M/L - FPS)
Tremulous (W/M/L - FPS) [Mac version is unofficial but, there, nonetheless, link is in the FAQ]

alright, so far, small list...i decided to leave L2 out and tried to stay with cross-platform games...feel free to add to this...it'll be updated regularly if possible...also, i have a few questions in brackets in that list, if someone answers, i'll change it...just added games will be in red
Last edited by Blorx on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:21 pm

Are Quake/Quake II Mac/Linux compatible as well as PC compatible? Just curious ^^

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:26 pm

ChazFox wrote:Are Quake/Quake II Mac/Linux compatible as well as PC compatible? Just curious ^^
yup, there are 3rd party programs out there for it...but they both came out for Mac OS9 as well

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:51 pm

what about Assaultcube or Cube2?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:23 pm

Sauerbraten is Cube2, he included that.

Add Tremulous please, it's a great game. And maybe Urban Terror too, that's fun also. I'd suggest Halo 1, but that seems to be betraying my love for shareware, and I only have the demo as of now. Ah well, games with one kilometer long lists of credits are fun too… Not counting the equally large price tag. :?