Post by Usagi » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:21 pm

Aye, sir!

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:31 pm

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:01 am

Usagi, how'd ya get him to stay still for that pic? I'd say you just entered the Map Editor, but then there should be yellow lines around him.

EDIT: D'oh. He's not moving, so no yellow lines. Nevermind.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:13 am

hehe, If you press c it drops the camera.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:22 am

That is very cool :)

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:39 am

Dropping the camera's not the answer either.

Try this for some goofy fun: when approaching a dialogue hot spot, go into slo-mo (super-slo is even better), rabbit-run at the spot from a distance, jump and flip and press rag-doll when you're close.

When the dialogue scene starts, T will go flying past while the other character stands waiting to speak his lines; if you're lucky, he'll cartwheel through the scene, and you might get some weird and wonderful screens, like I did here.

For even more fun, press "I" the moment before you hit: then you'll both go flying, and in SSM the other character may well end up flying out of sight.

You can do the same thing with Turner initiated dialogue; just add a mouse click. And if the body flies out of sight, and if you can find the body, a mouse click will magically transport your body back to the dialogue spot, along with the the dead guts.

Unfortunately, it leaves your spirit (and the camera) back where you found the body, and it can take some time to catch up. If you don't like low-flying copter rides, enable the map editor and you'll immediately link back up.

I've especially enjoyed this in the first visit to the guards at Rocky Hall. If you time it right, they'll sail all the way to the other end of the hall. Here's my record:

Make sure you hit "H" too, or you may end up with a "Loading..." screen.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:15 am

How do you use SSM?

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:00 am

Damit my mind is dirty tonight.
SM :lol: :oops:

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:06 am

lol thats what i thought too....it may be fine with you but i know people who actually do that!

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:33 am

Ignoring dirty minds*, SSM is when you set your game speed really low (I have one at 0.1); the game moves like molasses in January (some might say "treacle" but you get the idea), and when you hit the slow-mo button it nearly stops dead.

It's great for seeing exactly what happens during an animation, or enjoying the sight of an enemy cartwheeling off a cliff.

You'll also find that many actions are magnified; jumping seems enhanced, and mouse-jump is dangerously over-powered and easy to initiate, even by accident.

Reactions are similarly magnified, especially if they involve rag-doll. An enemy whose head you explode in SSM will literally shoot into the air and out of sight, and T can leap straight up out of dialogue scenes and disappear.

He is prone to do that, I suppose 'cuz he's heard it all before anyway.

I's say "Whoa!" too.

*For dirty minds who want more info on SuperSadoMasochism, you probably miss "BreenedandScrooned." He tried posting links to shock sites here until he was banned.
Last edited by Usagi on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:40 am

Haha...when I first saw that image Usagi, I thought Turner was being slapped repeatedly.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:12 pm

Wait.... that's not Turner with the bobbing head. It's the raider dude :P , D'oh!

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:15 pm

...Did you say BreenedandScrooned?

..Ok.. This is weird, Breened is a personal friend of mine on another forum.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:09 pm

New rules :D I shall do my best to follow them ^_^ They should probably be easy enough, since:

1) i don't feud. I hate getting into fights with people.

2) I don't usually necropost without a reason (eg If I looked through the thread and want to add something that was missed out)

3) I'm actually glad you've brought this rule into effect. I agree that minor misspellings are ok, but there's too much stronge spelling in here that I can't understand, and inside I get aggravated a little.

Bravo to David for (attempting to) bring order to the forum! :D

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:53 pm

invertin wrote:...Did you say BreenedandScrooned?

..Ok.. This is weird, Breened is a personal friend of mine on another forum.
He's a friend of yours? These are from last December.
leDoOd wrote:Deleted some inappropriate spam from the member "BreenedandScrooned", and posts relating to it. Jeff, David, can you ban him?
BunnyWithStick wrote:He was making various "Riddles" about sex related things. Quite offensive, yes.
Usagi wrote:He was touting a site: <<MADEUPURLFORSOMEKINDAWIERDSTUFFVIDEO.COM. This is an adult site displying online videos of extreme and erotic body modification (tattooing, piercing, amputation, scarification, ...>>Visit if you like; I'm not interested, and it's not really Lugaru related, not even remotely random.
Doesn't sound like the same guy; maybe somebody jacked his name or IP or something.