Games every gamer should be required to play at some point

Anything else
v-nix
gr8 notebook artist

Post by v-nix » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:07 pm

invertin wrote:Any of the Quake games (apart from 4)
you mean the one you havent played? how can you say apart from when you dont know what its like??
you make no sense!
that game is awsome! you dont even know the story for the 4th one!
i hate you.
your not my friend anymore. lol
invertin wrote: if antone has played ff7 i will kill you.
:shock: umm... wh-... why... do you want to kill m- i mean, people who played it??....

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:22 pm

Man...everyone's getting heated up over what others say, just because they think one game sucks or another doesn't. Its your opinion, just because someone thinks that FF7 is a complete ass-waste of time doesn't mean it someone affects your opinion or other people's opinions of the game...
I mean really...do people have to get so defensive over other's opinions on gaming choices?
So you know what...
All your game choices FUCKING suck.
You guys all suck at choosing games, seriously.
What the hell was going on when you put Deus Ex or Mario RPG on the list, or any of those other things you can barely call games on the list?

You know what the only game that should be on the list is?

PONG.

That's right.

PONG.

Have a great evening everyone, I'll be here all week.

v-nix
gr8 notebook artist

Post by v-nix » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:29 pm

i was just joking around lol
im hardly ever serious

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:41 pm

v-nix wrote:i was just joking around lol
im hardly ever serious
Pfft...I wasn't even thinking about what you wrote...
Loser. :wink:

Naw, more along the lines of stuff said earlier.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:00 pm

All of the Legend of Zelda games should be played by everyone. ALL OF THEM! Be it on NES, SNES, Gamecube, GBA, Gameboy Color, Wii or whatever the hell else I forgot to mention...just don't play fan-made Legend of Zelda games...except Zelda Classic by Armageddon which is supposed to have a Mac version soon, too

Seriously, even the Four Swords was awesome...I never played the two Gameboy ones, though...the red and blue ones...oracle of seasons and oracle of ages or whatever...but I did buy the Wii Virtual Console version of the original today...and I was never too fond of Majora's Mask either...it was really different...turning time back ever half-hour...didn't understand it too well...

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:09 pm

Conker: Bad Fur Day

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:41 am

Renegade_Turner wrote: If I were to start picking holes in your choices of games, I would say Twilight Princess is excessively boring and that the Street Fighter games were not fun to me whatsoever. They were just mashing the keypad or repeating certain button combinations. What's good about that?
The only people who think fighting games are terrible are people who are terrible at them. :P

Seriously, until I learned how to play fighting games, I didn't like them at all.

While I'm on the topic of fighting games, Dead or Alive 4 is amazing. And anyone who likes fighters at all should give Melty Blood a try. Guilty Gear X2 is also excellent.

(Don't even get me started on TP, I've pumped over 90 hours into that game and I'm not done yet...)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:09 am

Dead or Alive 2 (Dreamcast)
Guilty Gear Isuka
King of Fighters '95 (rare, but I gotz it...mwahahaha)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:41 am

Grayswandir wrote:Conker: Bad Fur Day
Hallelujah! AMEN BROTHA!!!!

Just stay away from Conker: Live and Reloaded...they bleeped all the swear words despite the fact taht it got rated M anyways...the only swear words were sh17, @$$, 7w47 and such, too...

anyways, some games that all gamers should probably play but over 80% don't...are Mario Clash, Jack Bros and Red Alarm for the Virtual Boy...I don't care what you say, I find them fun...

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:44 am

Blorx wrote:
Grayswandir wrote:Just stay away from Conker: Live and Reloaded...they bleeped all the swear words despite the fact taht it got rated M anyways...the only swear words were sh17, @$$, 7w47 and such, too...
I'm playing that one right now, its great fun, even with all the censoring. Also, if you beat the game, they uncensor the multiplayer cursing.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:46 am

wormguy wrote:And anyone who likes fighters at all should give Melty Blood a try. Guilty Gear X2 is also excellent.
Melty Blood I've gotta try. Guilty Gear X2 = PWNAGE. Chipp Zanuff > all.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:47 am

haha, that doesn't help much...what about story mode cursing?

also, is L&R basically a more graphically appealing version of BFD or is there some big difference in gameplay...and I never played very far into BFD...does it have the WWII level?

also, gray, you forgot pinball :P

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:58 am

Ultimatum479 wrote:
wormguy wrote:And anyone who likes fighters at all should give Melty Blood a try. Guilty Gear X2 is also excellent.
Melty Blood I've gotta try. Guilty Gear X2 = PWNAGE. Chipp Zanuff > all.
The English translation for Melty Blood by mirror moon and Revolve Trans came out three days ago. So now the ridiculously awesome storyline can actually make sense. Now's a good time to try.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:59 am

Blorx wrote:also, is L&R basically a more graphically appealing version of BFD or is there some big difference in gameplay...and I never played very far into BFD...does it have the WWII level?
It's a more graphically appealing version of BFD. Although they played around with the tutorial a bit so that the frying pan doesn't work.
Conker wrote:I thought the developer said this was gonna be a straight port! What a hack! Oh well, lucky I brought this with me... *takes out spiky baseball bat and smacks the gargoyle, who falls off the bridge*.
Also the multiplayer of Live and Reloaded is much fun ^^ I almost always play a sniper x3

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:19 am

Heh... gonna get flamed for this for sure, but...

Red Steel on the Wii. I played it and for some reason got hooked. Which is odd because I don't usually enjoy FPSs.

It was funny, though, because I played it on a friend's Wii... he'd been playing it for ages, and he got shocked by how many headshots I got. As the levels got harder, though, my headshot count went down, because I was constantly just shooting basically at random.

But seriously, if you ever get a chance, play it. Even if you don't think you'll like it. PLAY IT!