Hatred: The Game From God

Anything else
Korban3

Re: Hatred: The Game From God

Post by Korban3 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:27 am

That's why concealed carry is allowed in my state. If someone decides to shoot up the local coffee shop, statistically, one of every ten people going through there is packing a firearm.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:10 am

Statistically, a lot of people are still going to die. Especially if there's only ten people in the coffee shop and the first one to get shot is the only sane guy packing heat :P

Preventing mass shootings isn't about gun restrictions or proliferation, it's about bettering our mental health system so that we can diagnose and treat people with violent predispositions.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:26 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:Statistically, a lot of people are still going to die. Especially if there's only ten people in the coffee shop and the first one to get shot is the only sane guy packing heat :P

Preventing mass shootings isn't about gun restrictions or proliferation, it's about bettering our mental health system so that we can diagnose and treat people with violent predispositions.
True, but it would be very hard to take care of and treat every mentally ill person, especially those who live in poorer neighborhoods and cannot afford to pay for treatment. Unless our Government offered free medical care for those people :o . But that's not gonna happen.

And of course, there will be those people who think there's nothing wrong with their child and refuse to give him help.

Phoenixwarrior141
Location: I've lost all sense of direction, I'm quite concerned to be honest.

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:52 pm

"He's fine officer!"

"He shot up 2 schools, a coffee shop, a grocery, a playground, 5 streets, multiple buildings and a police station."

"He's fine."

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Played Postal the other day, and it's literally just Hatred.

Everything from the goal to the executions to the weapons are relatively close to Hatred. And there is little in the way of dark humor that people talk so much about when defending Postal.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:03 pm

You play the first one niggi?

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Korban3 wrote:You play the first one niggi?
Yes. I would have said Postal 2 if I was playing the second one.

And no, not a lick of dark humor in the first one.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Yeah, the first one isn't what we were talking about. The second one does, in fact, include cat suppressors. You insert your firearm into a house cat's ass and use it as a suppressor.

The third one allows you to ram a grenade up a cat's ass and then throw that cat at people as a sticky grenade. It's dark and humorous.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Not to mention that the first Postal looked like this and has you shooting people who shoot back

Hatred looks like this and has you shooting random people in the face

BUT LITERALLY THE SAME THING

Phoenixwarrior141

Post by Phoenixwarrior141 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:38 pm

You fail to notice how they both have people who shoot back and innocents who don't. The sole difference is here Hatred encourages it while it was an option in Postal.

Yes, literally the same thing.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Does anyone even give a shit? There are some seriously more severe problem is this world right now than a violent phone game.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:46 pm

Sorry to nitpick, but being different isn't literally the same thing.

Does Hatred have police that try to stop you? I think that's what the shooters in Postal are. Hard to say when they sre just blue corpses on the image.

Any way, police + innocents separation in both games would be a much better argument.

I'm also not sure if Hatred would be fine if it had black humour in it. Black humour can work , but I don't think I've seen realistic, brutal black humour. It might not work without a layer of abstraction. Saying Portal 2 is okay because it wasn't serious isn't what makes these games feel different, IMO.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Korban3 wrote:Does anyone even give a shit? There are some seriously more severe problem is this world right now than a violent phone game.
Deciding which is the most important problem in the world is less important than fixing the most important problem, so time just stopped because no one knows what to do!

Alternatively, we can care about smaller issues as well.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:You fail to notice how they both have people who shoot back and innocents who don't
Oh lord, I can't tell if you're actually this silly or a really dedicated troll going for the long con. Graphics, presentation, story, character motivation and more all make a difference in how the gameplay is perceived. Otherwise you can just say Postal = Hatred = GTA = Just Cause = Prototype = Skyrim = Fallout = literally any game with non-hostile NPCs that can be killed. Please. If the oversimplification sounds too neatly-conforming, there's a reason for that. If it seems like you've come up with some profound argument that nobody else has mentioned, it's more likely because it doesn't actually work rather than you being a genius at 12.

There's a world of difference between the two games and I can only assume that if you can't see the many separating factors, you're either too young or too bullheaded to understand them.
Korban3 wrote:There are some seriously more severe problem is this world right now than a violent phone game.

Oh, I'm not saying there's some huge societal issue with the game. It's not going to lead to riots and the downfall of western civilization. It's just utterly irredeemable. This is a discussion thread about the game, last I checked, so I'm discussing why it's bad. There are plenty of more important things to discuss but that's true for nearly anything. It's inherently fallacious to say that something can be unimportant because there's something more important than it. That's like the, "Hey, cheer up, because someone has it worse than you right now." argument that's somehow supposed to put problems into perspective. Okay, some random starving African child doesn't mean your life can't be shitty, too. Or the reverse- you wouldn't tell someone, "Hey, you're not allowed to be happy because you're not a billionaire with a perfect body and health."
Endoperez wrote: Does Hatred have police that try to stop you? I think that's what the shooters in Postal are. Hard to say when they sre just blue corpses on the image.
Postal 1 doesn't have much of a story and it's hard to tell, but it seems to have random townspeople being hostile, too. Here's some opening gameplay. The first few enemies are obviously police officers, then there's just some random guy throwing fire bombs, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDemhscUclA

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:59 pm

My bad, with all the bullshit, I lost scope of the thread. Carry on, me trumps.