Hatred: The Game From God

Anything else
EPR89

Re: Hatred: The Game From God

Post by EPR89 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:11 am

To me, it's more like a movie trailer that gives away all major plot points. Trailers are supposed to keep things a bit open.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:23 am

EPR89 wrote:To me, it's more like a movie trailer that gives away all major plot points. Trailers are supposed to keep things a bit open.
agreed

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:38 am

EPR89 wrote:To me, it's more like a movie trailer that gives away all major plot points. Trailers are supposed to keep things a bit open.
This.
rodeje25 wrote: agreed
Also this.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Phoenixwarrior141 wrote:
EPR89 wrote:The problem is that the trailers showed pretty much everything.
Credit to them for the honest advertising.
In a game where you have to execute people in order to get your health back, it's going to get annoying when you've seen all the cutscenes after a few minutes. Totalbiscuit mentioned this in his review. After a very short while got so uninteresting that he turned the cinematics off.
How does this mean the game "didn't deliver on the outrage front" though? All this means is that shock value is gonna wear off after some time. If it was even remotely shocking the first time.

All it means is that people got their panties in a bunch over nothing at all, and we only realized that post-release.

The trailers suggested more.
When? They never suggested there was any more to the game then what we saw, no deeper mechanics were teased on, no interesting levels. You have to think either they're really garbage at advertising (And given the fact that the game is a success... I doubt it) or that "more" isn't really there. You can assume they won't show EVERYTHING, but they at least have to tease upon it so people will see it and want to play the game for it.
Whatever "it" may be.
That's what trailers are there to do. Tease the customer. The Hatred trailers didn't tease, in retrospect. The showed all there was.
Yet it "suggested more", sounds like you got your hopes up and got disappointed.
I just expected the game to go a bit deeper, make what you do feel as if it had some sort of impact instead of just being a point collector in a macabre and corny environment.
Well shit then.
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
At the veer least, I expected there to be more varied cinematics. The trailer made it look like they were more than just a gimmick.
I like the executions, the varied camera angle kinda made up for the lack of variety. I didn't expect too much.
I feel like the Hatred trailer was like a comedy movie trailer.
It blew its load showing you all the interesting stuff, and then everything that wasn't in the trailer is bland and somewhat mediocre.
Basically I got more out of a free trailer than an actual game.
A shockingly common trend in games these days.

addseo1115

Post by addseo1115 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:50 pm

I really don't know about this game.
Thanks for posting the info.
Your discussion is so interesting.

Desmond1122

Post by Desmond1122 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:00 pm

kys indirectly simulator 2015

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:48 pm

Desmond1122 wrote:kys indirectly simulator 2015
Not a very funny joke. If you ever find yourself typing those letters, reconsider.

Edit: Especially on a 2 year necro thread.