The most important thing in your life right now!

Anything else
BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:52 am

Yes, do not mock Allah, or this might happen:
Someone wrote:This guy is going parachuting, and he asks the instructor what to do if the parachute fails.

"Pull the reserve chute."

He then asks the instructor what to do if the reserve chute fails.

"Put your hands together in prayer, and say "Please, Allah, help me!"."

So and so, he jumped from the plane, pulled the string, and the main chute fails. He pulls the reserve chute, and that fails to do anything as well. So, he does as he was told, and says "Please, Allah, help me!". As soon as these words are said, a giant hand comes down from the sky and lifts him to safety. As a result of this amazing turn of events, he then says "Oh thank god for that!", and as soon as those words were said, a giant foot comes down from the sky, squashing him flat.

Kaleo

Post by Kaleo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:03 am

invertin wrote:I'd rather have a roof over my head than a flatscreen TV under a tree.
At least you'd be outside.

You might also want to take this into consideration:
Maslow's hierarchy of needs. At the bottom, you see the basic necessities to be happy, and at the top, you see what you can eventually have. Basically, If you have no food, water or air, then you really wouldn't be giving a flying f*** about your girlfriend...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:45 pm

I'd say what is most important to me right now is my sanity. I'm kinda losing it lately. Not in the thinking there's voices talking to me way, because that's bullshit..

Wait a minute, what the fuck is the point? LOL

Also it is debatable that friends and family come before self-esteem in preference. I'd say confidence in yourself is more important than anyone else. That's just me, but with me I come first and everyone else comes second, except in certain circumstances.

MONKEYZ RULE
mashed patatos and whipped cream
Location: Somewhere too warm for a jacket, yet too cold for shorts.

Post by MONKEYZ RULE » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:24 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:I'd say what is most important to me right now is my sanity. I'm kinda losing it lately. Not in the thinking there's voices talking to me way, because that's bullshit..

Wait a minute, what the fuck is the point? LOL

Also it is debatable that friends and family come before self-esteem in preference. I'd say confidence in yourself is more important than anyone else. That's just me, but with me I come first and everyone else comes second, except in certain circumstances.
you have a voice too? i have one also. it keeps telling me to kill everybody or they'll kill me first, but i just ignore it and go back to my halo playing.
somtimes i see it in my mind, it looks just like my pet kittens if they had tenticles and horns.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:06 pm

No I said that voices in my head are exactly what I was NOT talking about, because people who say they have voices in their head are just stupid and/or lying.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:18 pm

I honestly have tiny little voices in my head that can't stop talking.

They don't keep telling me to burn things or kill myself though, they just make fun of everything they can.

Anyway. I would also say my sanity, because I'm actually afraid of completely loosing it, could you imagine being insane? You could be happy all the time, but on the other hand, you could be in a big foamy room screaming, "THE SPIDERS!!".

I honestly can't imagine me insane. I can imagine me pretending to be insane, but real insanity? Impossible.

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Post by Nayr » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:29 pm

Time to dive into the fray again.

Girlfriend, friends, school, job, reading, computer hobbies, gaming.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:27 pm

My friends right now and probly forever, i mean...i need food and everything too but unless i need it, id passs it up to hang out with everyone.

whats this sanity you speak of?

oh and i might have to destroy nayr for living in redsox nation....nah i guess i don't care too much...just don't piss me off at all and everything will be good...

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:39 pm

My entire being is made out of seven or so voices. Wait, that's not right…

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Oh stop pretending to be crazy. I'm on psychiatric drugs and see a psychologist, I'm crazier than any of you bitches.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:08 pm

hmmm...

I have a different set of interests and way to act for every person I meet foreal

and i have ADD xD

Kaleo

Post by Kaleo » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:12 am

Maslow's pyramid is to show what you need to be happy, not necessarily for what makes you feel good.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:03 am

It's motivation theory's need hierarchy theory. The question Maslow tries to answer is what drives you under which circumstances in a world defined by your needs. You're wanting to get stuff that belongs to upper parts of the pyramid only if needs belonging to lower parts of the pyramid are met. You're not going to buy a PlayStation 3 if you've got nothing to eat. Your motivation of getting food will be higher than the motivation to get your GT5 fix.
Maslow's pyramid is flawed in many ways, at least in terms of motivational psychology. But it gets a point across.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:20 pm

zatoichi wrote:Oh stop pretending to be crazy. I'm on psychiatric drugs and see a psychologist, I'm crazier than any of you bitches.
You know how people tend to talk inside their head when they think? Well I have seven or so of those voices. I have strange thinking patterns…

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:41 pm

zatoichi wrote:Oh stop pretending to be crazy. I'm on psychiatric drugs and see a psychologist, I'm crazier than any of you bitches.
Anyone who claims to be crazy...really isn't.
I'm on psychiatric drugs too, I have ADHD too, I used to see a therapist...so what? Doesn't make me crazy.