Enter Shikari

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:46 am

Dude...rap is awesome. Ever heard Ice Cube's metal group? Hahahahaha.

Anyway, some people do not care much for the distinctions, Rudel_ic, but I do. They're not the same as any of the other nu-metal bands you listed. They are different. They are unique. So take your "new hype band" shit and go fuck yourself. You said to listen to Iron Maiden...how much more mainstream and hyped can you get? That's basically pop-metal, so who are you to talk?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Iron Maiden is awesome.

Oh, I didn't say Enter Shikari isn't unique, but being unique doesn't mean you're good.

What's wrong with mainstream and hype? I listen to pop frequently. If a band is mainstream, that doesn't mean it's bad. If you like a band THAT'S ALL YOU'VE GOT TO KNOW.

Rap is awesome. Especially the early 90s shit. It blows my mind every time to check the power and check the rhyme.

I go fuck myself whenever I like to. So you don't tell me to fuck myself when I was going to anyway.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:16 pm

Hahahaha okay.

Yeah N.W.A. man. I've got their poster up on my bedroom wall. The Most Dangerous Group In The World. :D

But nah they're unique but they've got quality too. I've seen them live twice. Best live band I've ever seen. Their shows are so intense...I came out of there sweating buckets...it got so hot I had to take off my t-shirt. Hahahaha.

But nakedness isn't what we came here to discuss. Go see them live. They're actually the best live band ever. So many bands are good on record and then disappoint live...best example ever is Dragonforce. Those guys can't fucking play that shit live. It's too fast for them. If anything, Enter Shikari's sound IMPROVES when it's live.

Anyway, they've great songs that get you moving. And the raving is fun.

I listen to Iron Maiden too, in fact I love them, but you were saying stuff about hype as if it was a bad thing, and Iron Maiden is one of the most hyped bands in history.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:45 pm

rudel_ic wrote: What's wrong with mainstream and hype? I listen to pop frequently. If a band is mainstream, that doesn't mean it's bad. If you like a band THAT'S ALL YOU'VE GOT TO KNOW.
true but i hate mainstream with a passion...it killed A7X...
i usually like Indie and Underground
not much outside of that

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:48 pm

Hm.. they don't sound at all like nu-metal to me. The music is too soft, and not fast enough. The vocals lack the nu-metal urgency and "sneer". Also there is no scratch-padding that I could hear, which is a nealy sure fire way of detecting nu-metal at work.
They have elements of punk, elements of metal, plus some keyboarding. To me that = post hardcore. They sound similar in many ways to Chiodos, Bullet for My Valentine, Atreyu, or Saosin. Those bands are also classified primarily or in part as post-hardcore.
I like their sound incidentally, nice vocals.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:26 am

NOOO i didn't mean that A7X was nu-metal i said mainstream...and i said i hate mainstream...A7X's s/t album sucked terribly...
i liked Bullet for My Valentine's new album with the exception of the title track which seemed lil overdone

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:51 am

Renegade_Turner almost wrote:Dude...rape is awesome.
You actually like that crap? It's just a bunch of guys spitting bad poetry and cuss words into a microphone…

Yes, that was a pretty much automatic response, I didn't actually read anything else from your post, I just hate rap, end of story.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:06 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:
You actually like that crap? It's just a bunch of guys spitting bad poetry and cuss words into a microphone…

Yes, that was a pretty much automatic response, I didn't actually read anything else from your post, I just hate rap, end of story.
Dude, the way you behave most of the time, you might as well have a title that says "FLAME ME".

Keep your biased uninformed opinions to yourself, and if you find that impossible, don't be surprised when people are angry and don't respect you.

On topic: I like this music.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:01 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:

That's Gansta rap. Gansta rap is crap.

REAL rap is awesome, depending on who it is. Just like rock is awesome if it's being done by the right person.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:32 pm

wormguy wrote:Dude, the way you behave most of the time, you might as well have a title that says "FLAME ME".
But I do, it's just phrased differently.
invertin wrote:REAL rap is awesome…
I see. Well maybe you can give me an example so I'm a little less biased and uninformed.

P.S: How is someone being biased something to complain about when they're obviously uninformed and have never heard good rap before?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:13 pm

Get the fuck out of here bunny you piece of shit.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:32 pm

This is godlike. And there's more!
Both bands are considered gangsta... And they are awesome.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Zantalos wrote:Get the fuck out of here bunny you piece of shit.
Okay, so you would prefer it if I didn't hate rap, but would also prefer not to help me not hate rap. And you flame me either way. What's wrong with just explaining to me some good reasons why you think rap is good music?

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:27 pm

It's called taste, man... If you don't like rap, that's cool. Same goes for me not liking Enter Shikari. Nothing to explain, you just don't like it, alright, next topic.
There is no band or music genre that speaks to everyone in the same way, and I personally think that's a good thing.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:58 am

rudel_ic wrote:It's called taste, man... If you don't like rap, that's cool. Same goes for me not liking Enter Shikari. Nothing to explain, you just don't like it, alright, next topic.
There is no band or music genre that speaks to everyone in the same way, and I personally think that's a good thing.
Indeed. I'll check those videos out when I have the bandwidth.

And sorry for pushing the Big Red Asshole Button earlier.