Best/Worst game endings

Anything else
invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:15 pm

Megaman: The power fighters

I think that's what it was called...

Megaman- Wily got away for me. All Light says is "You made the choice to not hurt any humans. Good job" that kind of thing. Even though I wanted to beat the hell out of Wily, I just didn't shoot fast enough.

Bass- Wily reveals he's making a new robot, then Bass says "Whatever" and runs off to leave him there. There's no clue as to who the new robot is and no point, I'd be a curious if my creator was replacing me.

In fact, the whole megaman series is rubbish. If Wily can make a robot like Bass, and make 8 robot masters, why not make 8 robots like bass!? Why not make "Spikeman" knowing megaman's weakness to spikes!? Why not just fly above him in a plane and drop bombs since he can't aim up!? Why- *thwack*

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:42 pm

Blorx: Valve stated when the Episodes started development that they planned it as a 3 part deal. To be honest if Episode 3 doesn't bring me to a sense of euphoria and well-being then I think i'll probably call it a day for my half-life playing.

I loved HL2 and the episodes don't really feel like advancements or refinments - they feel like over-polished moments. Theres none of the raw passion that I felt from the beginning and honestly thats what I miss the most :(

Of course I'm looking forward to what they do with Portal with baited breath. Its so good right now I'm worried that they might spoil it if they push it too far - but so long as they keep the insanity and paranoia, I'm sure things will work out fine.

-=-_KyMe_-=-

Post by -=-_KyMe_-=- » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Well Freelancer has one good ending, and Gothic 2. BloodRayne 2 on the other hand doesn't....Kagan's dead, but there's chaos outside all over, ain't exactly the "And they llived happily ever after" cliche..

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:02 pm

I loved Half Life 2: Episode One, and loved Episode Two even more so. I think they were just brilliant extensions of an already great game with a few minor additions.

I agree with the KOTOR 2 ending comment. That was kind of a let-down. They tell us about going to find Revan or something but don't let us go DO IT. That irked me. I hope there's a KOTOR 3.

StickIt

Post by StickIt » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:24 pm

Psychonauts turned out to be a hilarious game but had a dumb ending, you couldn't even go back to the real world.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:57 pm

i never finished psychonauts...got stuck in oleander's bran in the meat circus

StickIt

Post by StickIt » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:13 am

The part where you follow the fake-dad in the obstable course?

Yes, that was an absolute pain >.<

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:06 am

is that the same as the part where you have to get the kid to the top without him getting killed by those...things...?

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:30 am

The fake-dad part is just after getting the young Oleander to the top of the first or second tent if I remember right.

Massive difficulty jump :P but its a superbly written action/adventure hybrid so I'm certainly not going to complain.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:03 pm

yeah i never got him to the top of the tent
xDD

WingedWolf93

Post by WingedWolf93 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:54 am

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
100% the best ending of all time!
Even through when Farah died at the end.
However defiantly the best ending, through sad. :)

StickIt

Post by StickIt » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:02 pm

Blorx wrote:yeah i never got him to the top of the tent
xDD
I know, there's a frustrating to find jump that you have to find and jump to Little Oly. After that, smooth sailing, except for the Tunnel Of Love.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:15 pm

Blorx wrote:resistance sucked
end of story
and all it's promising is more players for online modes

The only decent part of the game, sadly. But the reviewers seemed to have been drunk upon reviewing resistance. X-Play gave it a 5/5, and GameInformer gave it a 9.5/10. Europe was the only country with half a brain, where it averaged only a 7.5, which is still too high for the game. Those two companies mentioned now have to earn my trust again for making me waste 40 dollars.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:52 pm

I never played it but alot of my friends have and they said it was awesome. Yes they are the pothead friends.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:44 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Blorx wrote:resistance sucked
end of story
and all it's promising is more players for online modes

The only decent part of the game, sadly. But the reviewers seemed to have been drunk upon reviewing resistance. X-Play gave it a 5/5, and GameInformer gave it a 9.5/10. Europe was the only country with half a brain, where it averaged only a 7.5, which is still too high for the game. Those two companies mentioned now have to earn my trust again for making me waste 40 dollars.
:roll: Thats what you get for believing someone elses opinion on the matter of games. Of course, you'll never find a reviewer who's going to be spot on all the time. But, what can you expect from a written opinion about a game. Its interesting how people (in general) will take what a publication has written and then immediately lose faith in the writer if it doesn't meet the buyer's expectations. Most reviewers stand by their ratings of games and software titles and refuse to change what they wrote. Why? Because its their opinion. They have to base it off of what they want out of a game, they have no idea what the reader wants, that would be impossible, everyone wants something different.