a place to complain about the worst movies you've ever seen

Anything else
Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

a place to complain about the worst movies you've ever seen

Post by Blorx » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:58 pm

i'll start first b/c i need to complain about AvP:R
i really actually enjoyed the first one
it had a point and gave an attempt to explain where the aliens came from and why the hell predators were on earth in the first place (i do realize that in the Ahhhhnold movie, it was an accident that the predator was there but, yeah)
the temple thing was found on an expedition by some company and all
the only thing that lacked real explanation is the relation b/t the alien movies, set in the future and AvP, set in the present, but of course, it would be impossible to do so, so it's not worth taking points off for...
so all and all it was a good movie

AvP:R tried to set the Alien movies in on earth and have the predator hunt them

it started with a crash-landed, alien-infested predator ship, which also held the pred-alien onboard
somehow, the predator magically knows where they are immediately after crash-landing
and being a douche, completely forgets to call in back-up
he takes what he can from the dead predators on the ship and goes hunting
not only are the human characters idiots and teenagers and is the diaogue stupid but, they continue not to do anything about the problems
not to mention, the predator is not only disintegrating the evidence of alien existence, but he's exterminating anyone who finds out about them, too, thus eliminating all help he could get
the gov't is retarded too, they think it's an infection and nuke the town, wtf???
and the TRAINED national guard, a WHOLE DAMN REGIMENT OF THEM is taken down by TWO ALIENS
WTF??

then there's the fact that the predator can't kill the predalien in a duel but then they both die in the explosion without any attempt to escape

then the 4 idiots that skip town, SURVIVE HAVING THE HELICOPTER THEY'RE IN ENCASED IN THE EXPLOSION FROM THE NUKE AND CRASH LANDING

then it ends on the case holding the one predator weapon the one dude took being locked in a bullet-proof case by the retard that nuked the town
and they don't even show what happens to the survivors after they're found by the military

basically
the few survivors took out more aliens on they're way up to a helicopter that was on the top of the infested hospital than the national guard did
the predator was the WORST SHOT ever too

lastly i'll complain about the filming
basically, every scene was filmed with the EXACT SAME EFFECTS, regardless of day or night
so, all the aliens and evrything else looked real at night
but during the day scenes, EVERYTHING, including the people, looked FAKE AS HELL

i guess what i'm trying to say is that it's obvious that the guys who did this movie aren't the guys who did the last movie and that they didn't research the alien or predator movies too well....

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:18 pm

I'll get flaming for this but...

Transformers sucked. It had 2 good things: A really hot girl. Really cool robots.

Besides that it was a lot of shitty comedy...and way too many characters. Plus I don't like Michael Bay. He gives no long shots of the fight scenes.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:41 pm

Ugh, it probably wasn't the WORST I've ever seen, but Cloverfield broke my heart.

For one thing, who the fuck would run TOWARDS the giant monster?!?! Yeah dude I get it you want to save your bestfriend who you just cheated on your girlfriend with. Cheating is bad, but it would probably be best to not bring your actual girlfriend with you, idiot.

Then there's the camera. Supposed to make it look "real" or something, but it just gets annoying after awhile. about 30 minutes into it I'm wondering when they'll keep the damn thing steady. They never do. Plus, another good thing to do when your being chased by a giant monster destroying your city? LEAVE. THE CAMERA. BEHIND. The guy says he wants to keep it as proof or whatever, um...do you really need to prove that the monster just blew up everything? Odd's are that someone saw it, its not like a murder.

The ending sucked. HARD. There were so many ways it could have ended but what do they choose? Kill everyone. Even the camera is destroyed, bye bye ""proof". Then, the last thing they show is a clip from when they were on a ferris wheel, and the one girl said "I had a good day". Then the movie ends. No fade out, no music. It just ends, like the damn Sopranos. They also never say just what happened to the monster, maybe it lived but who knows. Just terrible.

Finally, and the worst part about it... I was about to see Juno instead. When we all got there we planned on seeing Cloverfield. But it was sold out, so we planned on just getting tickets to Juno and sneaking in. We were in front of the doors when 3 of my friends decide they want to see Juno instead now. Me and another friend, who are idiots, decide we came for Cloverfield, we're gonna stay for Cloverfield. When it ends, everyone in the theater is pissed. We go out, meet the other 3 and they are laughing hystarically, saying how funny it was... tears.... Stupid Cloverfield...

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:12 pm

cloverfield sucked hard, it had potential...but fell through
also, i heard they're making a sequel?
whipee...

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:13 pm

Blorx wrote:cloverfield sucked hard, it had potential...but fell through
also, i heard they're making a sequel?
whipee...
You have to watch the movie for what it is. Its a monster flick for the director's child. His kid wanted him to make a monster movie where it destroys things. So he did.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:54 pm

is that really what it was?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:21 pm

The movie of Eragon sucked, the only similarity between it and the book were the names, when it was done I was wondering wether quentin terrantino had made it.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:39 pm

I haven't read the book, but I've seen the movie, so I wouldn't know. But I do know how it's crap when movies don't follow the books they're based upon to the letter… Seriously, I hate it. I could probably get angry over a Harry Potter movie missing out a "The" in someone's line… :roll:

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:21 am

Like, the stupid dragon that acts all cute and puppy like when it first hatches, but then turns into a talking mother dragon was lame. If they had just made that dragon more bad ass it would have been a sweet movie.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:30 am

I loved Cloverfield. But I'm looking at it through a film theory perspective..so what I like is probably different.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:27 am

Hollywood is dead.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:06 pm

I disagree with everything nerodx said. Cloverfield was meant as an experience from a civilian's point of view of a monster attack on a city. It was like Godzilla but from the eyes of the civilian. It was meant as an experience, and that's what you should take it as. I was watching that film in the cinema and it was something I'd never felt before about a film. In that sense it succeeded. Hardly can be counted as one of the worst films ever. It's one of the better films I've ever seen. Take things how they are and how they're intended, not how you want them to be.

The idea for Cloverfield came because the producer JJ Abrams was over in Japan or something looking at Godzilla figures and he said to himself "America needs its own monster", so he created the Cloverfield monster.
rudel_lc wrote:Hollywood is dead.
Rather be dead,
Than alive by your opression,
Rather be dead,
Than alive by your design.

Poisoned my fingers,
Burned out my eyes,
Cut up up my throat,
To be alive.

Rather be dead,
Than alive by your social values,
Rather be dead,
Than alive by your tradition.

Poisoned my fingers,
Burned my eyes,
Cut up my throat,
To be Alive.

But I磀 rather be alive....
Rather be alive
Rather be alive
Rather be alive!

Rather be alive, rather be alive, rather be
Rather be alive, rather be alive, rather be
Rather be alive
Rather be alive!

Poisoned my fingers,
Burned out my eyes,
Cut up up my throat.

REFUSED ARE FUCKING DEAD...

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:The idea for Cloverfield came because the producer JJ Abrams was over in Japan or something looking at Godzilla figures and he said to himself "America needs its own monster", so he created the Cloverfield monster.
From what I remember, he also mentions that his kid wanted him to make a monster movie in the commentary section of the DVD...I'd have to double check.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:20 pm

Cloverfield was such an awesome movie. I liked the hell out of it. I absolutely loved the concept of sitting in a movie theater, watching from start to finish, one long unedited video. The camera man himself was my favorite character, he was such a likable guy.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 pm

Yeah he was awesome. Lolololol I loved the way he goes "Oh you know Superman?" when that girl he likes mentions Superman because he's trying too hard. That was pretty fun.