Sephiroph suddenly appearing
17%

Total votes: 24

Count Roland

Re: End of the world

Post by Count Roland » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:24 pm

invertin wrote:Um. Colic?

Black holes suck in all light.

YOU CAN'T SEE THEM. That's why they're called "Black Holes".

According to Steven Hawking if the machine works it will create lots of black holes, but they will be so small that they'll collapse on themselves all most instantly.

In other words- Machine is theoretically safe.

(LOLSTEVENHAWKINGMUSTBERIGHTLOL)
I have heard that collapse almost instantly thing however didn't want to mention it, you can however see blackholes from radio or radiation I forget which, and if there were twin stars and one collapsed into being a black hole the other would orbit it and you could see a fiery circle around it where the sucked off gases and such are compressed. however you're right the ones away from stars can't be seen.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:23 am

invertin wrote:(LOLSTEVENHAWKINGMUSTBERIGHTLOL)
/agree

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Eric wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:I find it hilarious there's actually people worried about black holes forming when black holes are theoretical things which no one has ever seen.
That is a ridiculous statement. Black Holes have never been seemed formed, that is true, but they have been "seen" as well as an object that doesn't allow light waves to exit can be seen. I would bet, not just my life, but the existence of humanity on the existence of black holes. The scientific evidence for an object with the amount of gravitational force required to create acceleration greater than or equal to the speed of light is hard to discount.
Stephen Hawking, in ''A Brief History Of Time'', wrote:This was a form of insurance policy for me. I have done a lot of work on black holes, and it would all be wasted if it turned out that black holes do not exist. But in that case, I would have the consolation of winning my bet, which would win me four years of the magazine Private Eye. If black holes do exist, Kip will get one year of Penthouse. When we made the bet in 1975, we were 80% certain that Cygnus was a black hole. By now, I would say that we are about 95% certain, but the bet has yet to be settled.
lol sorry for bringing up an old discussion, but Stephen Hawking himself said they've not yet proven the existence of black holes. So you would bet the existence of humanity on the existence of black holes? All Stephen Hawking bet was a year's supscription of Penthouse.

Not to brag, but I guess Stephen Hawking just owned for me. I didn't even have to do anything.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:56 am

Apart from the fact that you just brought up an age-old discussion again, I lol'd.

I can't even remember who was saying what on the subject anymore, and I'm too lazy to read it all again, but your post there pretty much explains it all, don't it?
Yes.
Hawking surpasses you all. [evillaugh258.wav]