obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
joycie

obligatory introduction thread

Post by joycie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Hey guys! All forums have an introduce yourself thread, so I am going to make one for Wolfire.

I am Joyce and I am a huge Wolfire fan!! I love Overgrowth and Jeff is probably the coolest person on the planet. I used to play a lot of games like Starcraft and Counter Strike and WoW, but then I bought a mac because it was pretty. I have no regrets. Also, I love cute animals and bunnies, especially ones that can kick major ass.

I already told all of my friends about Overgrowth and Wolfire to help Wolfire as much as possible. Let's spread the word so everyone can enjoy their games!!!

Also, don't step in puddles of melted chocolate because it might be poo.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by Jeff » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Yay! It's about time. Aw, I think Wolfire fans are pretty cool too! :D

I am Jeff. I'm 22 and am co-founder of Wolfire / David's twin brother. I like to program... a lot. And I like to play video games. That is pretty much all I do. I am still a student at UC Berkeley, majoring in computer science, although I am only taking one class per semester. I am probably going to take a leave of absence, because Wolfire is just too awesome and time consuming.

My favorite animals are pigeons - they are the most underrated.

Vrav

Post by Vrav » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:11 pm

My name is Cody, and I'm an artist. I've been learning to model seriously over the past year (after years of dabbling) and am doing my best to create quality current-gen game assets for the game. It hasn't been guaranteed that anything I do will get into the final product yet, but working with Aubrey Serr as an art director has already taught me a lot in the past two days, so I'll do my best. It's really cool to finally have a chance at getting my name out there.

At 20 years old, I like to think of myself as a spiritually sound being comprised almost entirely of love. My love for the natural world knows no bounds, which is why I so look forward to seeing what the rest of the Wolfire team does for the outdoor environments in OG.

I also really love my cat, Myra Isabella - Beli for short. She is black with white fur out her right ear; I'll probably mod her into Overgrowth when it's released. She loves dust baths, getting wet, and being given little bits of bread. She must be part duck.

yamamonkey

Post by yamamonkey » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Well, I am not very familiar here, so I should introduce myself as well.

My name is Michael.

I'm not really anyone great; I do some photoshop brushing, Game Maker programming, I have a website for games made in said program, with practically zero good or complete games on it.

And I want to learn tons of stuff. I want to learn 3D modeling, I want to become skilled at composing music, I want to learn Japanese, I want to learn Flash. Probably tons more.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:16 pm

yamamonkey wrote:And I want to learn tons of stuff. I want to learn 3D modeling, I want to become skilled at composing music, I want to learn Japanese, I want to learn Flash. Probably tons more.
This sounds familiar.
The only difference with me, is that I can name a longer list.
Also, Flash I already can do.
I want to learn Flash better, though.
And japanese I'm at a start with.
A small one, but a start.

ahhh, life...

[Edit in 2012: I hereby sincerely apologise for being a pompous fool. The difference was in fact not the ability to name a longer list, but more like a lack of modesty on my part. Honestly. Grow up, past self! oh, wait..]
Last edited by Glabbit on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Starrz

Post by Starrz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:47 pm

Wellll I am not known here that much, although some of you might know me, for the month ive been here.

But anyway, i like cheese. I wanna move to Wisconsin. AWWWWW YEAAAAA

AWWWW YEAAA CHEEEESSSEE

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:26 pm

i'm matt...straight-edge...15
i'm a lugaru fan
beat the game at least 3 times all the way through...and played random levels many many times

i'm not as huge a gamer as i was almost 4 years ago when i first joined this forum under a name that got banned 55 posts in

i only play like...3 games right now
Fallout 3, Halo 3 and Oblivion
would be playing Gears
but my bro's friend has had it for a month
yeah, not a whole lot of games fascinate me

i'm a devoted musician...i've been playing guitar for almost 3 years, self-taught
playing piano for around 2 years, self-taught
been playing bass for around 2 years, self-taught
and have been playing drums for about a year, self-taught
but i suck at drums, no foot rhythm
haha

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:53 pm

I'm Scott Sutherland.
I love martial arts, and Lugaru (because its so awesome :) and its the most realistic fighting game i've ever seen, because it's intenser than most games), The first discipline in martial arts i 'mastered' was Quinchiquan, the Wolf Paw, a very abstract style.
I enjoy making mods of any kind for games, the latest being weapon models and textures for Lugaru.
I live in Northern California Strawberry Valley/The Afterlife :lol: (im still wondering if i was kidding about that) :lol:
I'm eagerly awaiting Overgrowth, and love the Wolfire team. *Screams* YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! :D
I participate in Archery, Fencing, and Martial Arts Tournaments. I have gold medals for all three, and certificates of something or other for the later two.
I try to stay neutral in most things, unless it is important and i actually care about the outcome... anyway, swing by the weapon shop, and gimme a "hey, whats up?" :D

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:00 am

My Names George Anderton.

I'm a New Zealander traviling over seas, heading back in 5 weeks.
I love telling storys and I even more so love hearing a good story, and have an interest for acting and Comedy.
My other intersts include the study of warfair, pervesion, and Artwork.

What Drew me to Wolfires games was Lugaru. After playing that, I met a really great community.
That was back in... 2005 or 2006. I have been Perma banded once, but Im glad I am welcome back.

Heck, I cant be that bad, I buy there games.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:12 am

:mrgreen:

Cmyszka

Post by Cmyszka » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:08 am

Hello... I'm mysh... I live in wisconsin [eat that starrz!] ...And I've been drug free for almost 17 years...

Ditching the rehab gag, my hobbies/interests include: Card magic [I'm really good too], forum RPs, anime, and uh... uhmm... dangit! Do I really live that boring of a life?!

I'm horribly cynical, whether it seems it or not, and just barely skim these forums anymore. Though it's worth sticking around to see new campaigns, skins, weapon mods, and catch Gray's occasional sudden wit. That guy's awesome...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:25 pm

My name's ****** *******. People call me **** or ******* aaaaand my friend Tom calls me Ted but he calls everyone Ted.

I'm 18, and my birthday is March 6th. Hooray for legal responsibility.

I live in Waterford, Ireland. I really love Waterford, and I expect I'll probably end up living my life here, although I do want to travel and live in other places, maybe Australia or England or America.

As for hobbies, I really love playing football and Gaelic football (an Irish sport). I play Youth's football for a team called Park Rangers, and we are currently sucking in the league. Me and my friends also entered a team into a league. We're the Gap Eleven and here's a photo of us (I'm the furthest to the right of the guys crouching down).

Music is a big part of my life. I keep trying to learn how to play the guitar, although I fear that I'm just not meant to. I never go anywhere without my iPod, and if I do have to walk somewhere and realise I've forgotten it, I find it a bit hard to bear. Bands I'm listening to a lot at the moment are Biffy Clyro, A Day To Remember, Dance Gavin Dance and All That Remains. Acts I've seen live are Killswitch Engage (first gig I was ever at), Enter Shikari (three times), Rage Against The Machine, The Enemy, Kasabian, Muse, The Prodigy, British Sea Power, Scouting For Girls, Two Gallants, Boss Volenti, Delorentos, MGMT, Kings Of Leon, Interpol, Newton Faulkner, The Verve, The Raconteurs, Battles, The Kooks, We Are Scientists, Panic At The Disco and Pendulum. I'm going to see Kanye West next Sunday. I'm also going to Oasis this Summer, and they are being supported by The Prodigy, Kasabian and The Enemy. I'm also going to Glastonbury Fest in England this Summer.

I also love reading (Harry Potter series, Discworld series, Dark Tower series, His Dark Materials trilogy, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower). I love films (Bourne trilogy, The Matrix, The Green Mile, Antwone Fisher).

Oh, and I love beer. And being a pirate.

I dressed up as Duffman for Halloween. I used my Duff t-shirt, a pair of shades and a red bed sheet as a cape.

Evidently, I'm partial to the colour purple.

*Breathes* I could go on, but I doubt you even read that much. =P
]

Cmyszka wrote:Card magic [I'm really good too]
Produce Youtube video. =D
Last edited by Renegade_Turner on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:30 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Cmyszka wrote:Card magic [I'm really good too]
Produce Youtube video. =D
You guys should see John and my roommate, Alex. He is really pro; I'll ask if I can post one of his youtube videos. David can do some cool stuff too.

Edit: here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBr3MBp4UE8

braden =]

Post by braden =] » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:15 am

hey im Braden. newish to forums, but ive been following lugaru for a while. (this game is awesome!)
Im a skateboarder/snowboarder and really enjoy drawing. other than that just a normal person :l.. oh yea, I am 14 1/2 if any of u care

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:35 am

I'm Roland, I'm never there when I should be, but always there when it's useless. I do some textures and been planning to do some modeling.