obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
Udonge

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by Udonge » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Heya!

I'm not a real Udonge, but I play one on TV... *cough* I signed up on this forum because I had to to get Overgrowth, but you guys seem like a cool bunch, so I figured I may as well get to posting now and again!

My background is as an IT support guy. Some people think it's hell, but I love how easily I can solve problems that stress people out so badly.

I like to learn languages... I've played with a lot of programming languages over the years, though I've never gone deep or pro in any of them, I've passed a handful of college courses on them very easily. I know Japanese pretty well now. I knew French long ago but forgot most of it... Learned the Korean alphabet, Hangul, and studied a little Korean and Cantonese, and dabbled with Cyrillic and Tengwar alphabets though I don't know all of either one.

I like fast cars, motorbikes, mountainbikes, etc. I'd like to get a recreational pilot permit later. Right now I'm working on learning to play the electric guitar. I love stuff that rewards good technique, so it's little wonder I'm a video game addict... I loved fighting games and was hardcore into them until they became more about locking out the opponent's controls with 999 hit combos, then I dropped out almost entirely. I loved the combat in Lugaru - it reminded me of DoA 2 and onward, where you have those last-moment move reversals, and while the controls are simple, you can end up in some surprisingly complex and emergent situations once you get comfortable with them. My most played games are the Forza series though, and I also really love rhythm games.

Finally, I did a lot of time as an anime otaku, but I'm pretty much in the clear, if you don't count how I was pulled into Touhou Project fandom... That series taught me to like a genre I never even considered (don't like 2D scrolling shoot-em-ups, but bullet hell games are surprisingly different and... easier?) Anyway, I also tend to write walls of text, so I'll shut up now and let the rest speak for itself! :mrgreen:

Evilsqirrel

Post by Evilsqirrel » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Hello, everyone. I am your new overlord. Bow down to me. I have just pre-ordered Overgrowth and decided to check the community. I have to re-size my profile pictures because the only other ones I have are 90x120 instead of 90x90. I look forward to meeting everyone in the forums and possibly making some new friends.

I would insert a better introduction, but I am bad at this sort of thing.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:05 pm

I hate you. The way you spelled squirrel makes me want to kill myself.

(just kidding)

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:02 am

(Not really, you'd better watch yourself. This guy is somewhat of a homicidal maniac.)

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:20 pm

(I killed my mother.)

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Can I have the skinsuit you made of her?

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Can I have the skinsuit you made of her?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:40 pm

The wolfire Randomness section is a terrible place full of angst and philistines. Its a taint you can't get rid of. It also has Carpal Tunnel and Alzheimer's. But don't worry, it isn't Alzheimer's. Peach fuzz. Lots of it. Everywhere. Think of when a cat left a headless bird on your bed as a present and you can't decide between wanting to punish the cat or pitying the poor creature because it tried. So, hold onto your butts.

Run. Run away. Get to the chopper.

Clever girl.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:59 pm

I was going to object, but...
Yeah, that sounds about right.

underthedeep

Post by underthedeep » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:55 pm

ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15 pm

TigerFlavoredCereal

Post by TigerFlavoredCereal » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:23 pm

[introduction]
Greetings, fellow humanoids!*

I am TigerFlavoredCereal. (It's all artificial flavoring, don't worry about it.) I first found out about Wolfire through a friend who told me about Lugaru. (In his words, it is "a sweet-ass game where you're a bunny and you beat the crap out of other bunnies." I was sold immediately.) To be honest I kina forgot about it for a while - then I saw someone playing Reciever and welp, here I am now.

Stuff I like to do includes vidyagaems (duh), reading, MLP:FiM, Homestuck, and trying desperately to make something good using Twine. And that's about it.

And yes, I like tigers and I like cereal. I'm not sure I'd eat tiger-flavored cereal though. You know, with all the environmental repercussions and stuff.
[/introduction]

*If you are not a humanoid, how are you even using a computer. Seriously, I'm intrigued now.

TheAmorphousGamer

Post by TheAmorphousGamer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm Dalton, and I enjoy playing some awesome video games. I think Wolfire is quickly becoming my favorite indie company . . . so yeah. Awesome.

Frestor Frozenice

Post by Frestor Frozenice » Wed May 22, 2013 8:37 am

hello, my name is jonathan fernando daniel, I have 19 years but will fulfill 20 on May 30, I'm not so good with English but I will use the google translator to communicate my best, I'm from Argentina Buenos Aires, I registered for a queries in this game about the characters and levels and more objects, some friends showed me this game and I started to like and watch some videos and I remembered some games I played before, for example the red ninja end of honor for play station 2 and some other games more, sorry if I'm a bit confused or lost on some posts, I speak more Spanish than English but some of it I understand, well ... on frestor frozenice it is a sonic character I created characters, good. own character .. a fan that I have on a light blue wolf with powers of air water and ice, known as a villain but inside is a person of great heart, especially race dondenieve is told in Spanish but in English he says snowdon, a kind of wolf fur light blue and white who control the freezing temperatures and the elements of water and air, unlike them there is also another race known as volcanoxens but they say volcanoxenters English, is a special kind of lion which are of an orange color and have powers of earth and fire and volcanic power, then tell you about it later, I'm a sonic forum known as World of sonic.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Thu May 23, 2013 4:25 pm

MY EYES! IT BUURNS!

Also, welcome to the board. You'll fit right in.