obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
dudeglove

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by dudeglove » Fri May 24, 2013 4:16 am

Quick first post for the hell of it (I imagine I need to). Looking forward to dicking around with Overgrowth. Have a video.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri May 24, 2013 8:01 am

I believe you'll fit right in also.

Be welcomed.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:38 pm

It's about time that I've introduced myself, since I haven't done so...

HI. My name is Kylie. I am 16 and I have been doing 3D since 2009. I've been drawing pictures ever since i was 5, and i really love art. I have Aspergers, which is a form of Autism that kind of impairs me socially, which is the main reason why I don't really speak on the microphone or socialize very much. I LOVE wolfire and I have learned so much from them, more than i have ever learned about video games before. Making characters is my favorite thing to do for video games. I've never made my own game yet, but I plan to once I have gained enough knowledge to help me.

^^ nice to meet you all!

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Isn't Aspergers the one that usually is found in geniuses?
Are you a genius?

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:52 pm

adwuga wrote:Isn't Aspergers the one that usually is found in geniuses?
Are you a genius?
Einstein had it. doesn't mean you will be a genius like that, I guess it's a gift of some sorts.

fonzi

Post by fonzi » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 am

Hey guys, just pre-ordered Overgrowth, and so far it is awesome. I go by Fonzi :), i am a CS major in college. So i enjoy seeing projects grow from the ground up. I have been playing a lot of Receiver as well.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 pm

RagdollZombie wrote:Stuff
I actually have aspergers as well. Hasn't been too much of a problem for me.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:46 am

It depends on the person i guess

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:00 pm

RagdollZombie wrote:It depends on the person i guess
Well, my statement wasn't entirely true.
When I was younger, it was a huge problem but as I got older I seem to have somewhat . . . grown out of it, I guess.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 am

AmorphousGamer wrote:
When I was younger, it was a huge problem but as I got older I seem to have somewhat . . . grown out of it, I guess.
Ah, I'm still in my teenager years so it will probably take a while before i grow out of it too...

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:02 am

RagdollZombie wrote:
AmorphousGamer wrote:
Ah, I'm still in my teenager years so it will probably take a while before i grow out of it too...
When I say younger, I mean like 5-6. I'm actually younger than you. :P
Different people are different, and some cases of aspergers and any real disorder have extremes. Some will grow out of it a bit and others might not.
I wish you the best of luck, though.
I am a bit interested in what you mean when you say it causes you to not talk on the mic very much. From my experience, aspergers just caused it to be a bit harder for me to control myself. (at this point I can easily control myself, but very often choose not to :P)

coffeeaddict1969

Post by coffeeaddict1969 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:03 pm

Hello, my name is Jordan, I am 14 and am pretty much addicted to everything computers. I am attempting to learn C++, video editing, 3d modelling, and I have a decent grasp on Photoshop at this point (i.e the hotkeys, adjustment layers, removing and replacing things within photos, creating cool text banners with gradients, and blending modes).

I have been into video games my whole life, but have only really become invested in them when I was about 8, when my dad showed me Steam, (boy, was that a mistake) as I took over his steam account, and melded into part of the internet. Now I am a wonderfully literate, meme-filled, raised and traumatized by the internet-kid. As I have learned there is no turning back, I have mostly pictured myself working in game development or some kind of art oriented job my whole life, and I don't see my thought process diverting any time soon, unless I experience some sort of life changing event (like I discover I have SUPER POWERS).

Random Fact Time:
- I am an anti-social penguin, thanks for that internet.

- I am not a 43 year old, nor am I an avid coffee drinker. (Basically all of my username is lies)
When I first started I didn't really care about anything other than the games, so I never changed it, and when I started caring about the social aspect of gaming, the name just stuck.

- I have a cat named Pancakez, yes with a "Z" (I get a enjoy naming my animals after breakfast foods, don't judge me, and I wont judge you for wanting to play overgrowth more than going outside).

- I am Canadian. So when you read "yes with a "Z", you better have read it as Zed in your head, or I will come to your house on my polar bear in my sleeveless, plaid red and black shirt, and murder you politely with my axe that I use to chop down trees, because I all Canadians are lumberjacks. Then ill yell "EH" and drink the rest of my maple syrup as I bury your body.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:27 pm

Nice to meet you ^.^
Last edited by RagdollZombie on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 am

My mouse is broken, so I'm actually completely unable to quote your post, Jordan. But anyways, welcome to the community. You seem thoroughly awesome and I think you'll fit in around here. :D

peterdv

Post by peterdv » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:49 am

Howdy folks, glad to be part of the wolfire community :)