obligatory introduction thread

Anything else
alixman96

Re: obligatory introduction thread

Post by alixman96 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Ali, 18, had been a huge fan of wolfire since I learned about overgrowth when nerdcubed uploaded a video about it, but couldn't purchase it until I started working. So I bought the game as soon as I could. Looking forward to playing the game :D

Kitsune Cavalry

Post by Kitsune Cavalry » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Hello,

I'm an economics major and I play video games sometimes. Graduated this year and chilling a little.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:13 pm

hey, not so new anymore but really a fan of wolfire. wanting to become a developer.
that's me, that's all you need to know about me, now go on with your life. (i play videogames (duh))

Dmaned11123

Post by Dmaned11123 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi I'm Dmaned (Derek)! I bought Overgrowth on Steam and am too lazy to get the preorder thing below my picture (but am somehow motivated enough to write an Overgrowth fan fiction in the random thread). Eh, compromises xD. Love the game and just want the devs to keep up the good work!

TheRabbidPixel

Post by TheRabbidPixel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:42 am

I am a person who plays video games and one of those games is Overgrowth

singedufutur

Post by singedufutur » Tue May 12, 2015 3:09 am

Hello, I kept an eye on Overgrowth for a long time, and I bought it recently. Nice to see it on linux!

Van

Post by Van » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Just coming back to update a few threads

Van

Post by Van » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:48 pm

ok

grindgrain

Post by grindgrain » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:29 am

first of all - Matt, you're not alone, brother! >.<

sooo
my name is alex
i'm trying to study music
and art ... and writing ... and ... um
i was trying to write a story for overgrowth for almost 4 years
not really working out but whatever, now i'm trying to learn how to make music

and i'm basically suck at everything i'm trying to do
but i remember how once there was a very wise dog who said
"sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something"
and i can only hope things will work out eventually

*dramatic complaining mode is shutting down, please stand by*

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

ME!

Post by halzoid » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:44 am

So this was meant to be my 200th post... I got caught up in other posts, now its my 202nd...

Well, we're off to a good start.
[+] Who I am
My name is [REDACTED] (whoopsie, mistake...), I'm currently [Edit as of 2018:] 19 years old.
I'm an avid gamer and LOOOOOOOOOVE Overgrowth, the Wolfire company and its community. My favourite things to do are; animate, mod textures, objects and code and help out with as much stuff/ many people as I can with what they need doing.
My computer doesn't run Overgrowth. Yep, thats right, a210 broke it. this doesnt mean I'm leaving, it actually means that I'm buying a new PC to play it! [EDIT] I Got a new Pc!! IM BACK B****ES!!
I play on steam. add me, My name is Halzoid98, or you can click my profile on here and get it off my signature :D

I watch too much YouTube. About 0-6 hours per day, depending on the work that i have to do.

I suffer with dixleckicia (yes, that was on purpose) , it doesnt actually affect my spelling, though it does take me a lot longer to write out work, e.g. 2 hours to write 500 words... :( though that is on and off...

I've never been great at art, other than slightly good at digital art (dont even get me started on proportions :shock: ). I play lots of instruments, and i mean LOTS. I so far haven't found an instrument I can't play, and its kind of annoying, I want something to be too difficult. I can sometimes tell you a note by just hearing it and am able to tune most instruments by ear (other than piano, because i dont have the tools...).
To contradict my music playing skills completely: I dont like music. Its not that I dislike music, i just dont mind it. To me it is a thing that makes sound, that goes into my ears.

I'm from England, though I hate tea... crumpets are goooood though. :lol:
i also do not have giant protruding teeth. One of my front teeth is actually fake, i had it smashed out my face by a rogue skateboard. For some reason, it didnt hurt (I think the shock overtook it) and i was sat there laughing blood into a sink for about an hour :lol: .
If I have free time (aka, college break without homework) i will sleep on an American timetable, Wake up at 1pm here and sleep at 4am.

I am studying game design at college, its pretty good so far, but we're doing really basic stuff, so it can get tedius and i end up making my own games along with the ones we're supposed to make (made pong (my game) and space invaders (the thing we're meant to do) yesterday...).

I have a tendancy to investigate things, this often causes me to find stuff im not meant to. both within games (it usually takes me a lot longer to finish a game because I'm always the one who tries to jump to a platform outside the map) and outside of them (which has lead to me finding some in development mods for OG, no clues though! its a secret, I can tell you that this will be absolutely awesome though)

I hope to continue following the journey of Wolfire and its community for as long as possible, and I'll probably still be here when Overgrowth is released. however long that may be.
Last edited by halzoid on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:17 am, edited 8 times in total.

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:02 am

Happy 200 posts.
damn that's a thorough introduction

JamesGoblin

Post by JamesGoblin » Mon May 23, 2016 1:49 pm

Hey folks! Just joined and decided to do this "obligatory" part. I'm not that good at writing intros, anyway I hope we'll get along nicely :)

john.wolf

Post by john.wolf » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Hello, I am John, I would like to just say hello to all the members of Wilfire Forum. :mrgreen:

iavant

Post by iavant » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi I'm Iavant or John or Keylas or Keylason or literally anything else. Really, any random person you run across could be me.

I've played Overgrowth off and on for awhile now, but never really got involved in the community. Truthfully, the only reason I'm getting involved now is I want to get in on the new game on the ground floor. So, ya. That's me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/JLancer/
Discord: Keylas#9547

Skogi

Post by Skogi » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:55 pm

Korban3 here, lost access to old account and email for it, feel free to catch me on this account for now.

Most of my old friends are gone and I am sad.