Stuff about Overgrowth, Therium, and things related

Anything else
StrangeSir

Stuff about Overgrowth, Therium, and things related

Post by StrangeSir » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:21 am

Hiya. Pretty much, I just want to see if anyone wants to talk about the (now added to the game) mod Therium and its story, and if anyone knows how to deal with outdated mods on Steam until they're updated to fit the game. Although, I imagine there's no easy way to just go to a previous version of it, and it could mess up OTHER mods...

Regardless, basically, honestly just trying to see how alive the forum is, and see how many other peeps wanna chat it up.

merlyn

Re: Stuff about Overgrowth, Therium, and things related

Post by merlyn » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:13 pm

You can revert to the previous version on steam by switching to previous_alpha.
Library -> right click Overgrowth -> Properties -> Betas tab -> switch from "NONE" to "previous_alpha", and wait for the data to sync down.

You might also need to clear the game's cache: http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/How_t ... me's_cache

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:51 am

I think in general the forums are not that active. Most activity nowadays are in the Discord: http://www.wolfire.com/irc

I personally prefer the forums to Discord though and check here more often than in Discord.

StrangeSir

Post by StrangeSir » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Ooooh, thanks guys! I tried the previous_alpha thing, and some mods were still an "error: file collision", i.e. the Fist Person mod.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:58 am

To fix file collision errors you have to deactivate mods that change the same files. Only one mod can be modifying a single file at a time.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Boy, this forum is a ghost town ever since the new sheriff Discord showed up.

Regardless, I'm the creator of Therium-2, so you can ask me some questions and I'll do my best to answer.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Timbles wrote:Boy, this forum is a ghost town ever since the new sheriff Discord showed up.

Regardless, I'm the creator of Therium-2, so you can ask me some questions and I'll do my best to answer.
What's your favorite brand of potato chip?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:05 pm

merlyn wrote:
Timbles wrote:Boy, this forum is a ghost town ever since the new sheriff Discord showed up.

What's your favorite brand of potato chip?
I fucking hate Lay's.
Those gross soft crisps always feel as artificial as that plastic cheese shit you buy from Walmart, not to mention how tasteless and salty it is. It's like I went to the dentist, got numbing cream or whatever and then bit into a boot covered in rock salt.
Nasty.

My local grocery store (by local I mean it's literally within 50 metres of my house) sells some crisps who I can't really name. Not because I don't want to, but because I don't remember the name of the brand at all. It's probably local.
Either way, the only kind of crisps I enjoy ever are sea salt and vinegar crisps. While they're tasty, they're particularly loud, so I can't exactly watch a film or something while eating them. Of course, the salt and crap also gets all over my fingers so I shouldn't touch my keyboard or anything during.

I suppose Cheetos also somewhat count as a crisp brand? 'Cause in that case, Cheetos are okay. Whenever I eat them I feel my health standards steadily dropping (like your sanity bar in a horror game dropping when you fuck yourself over), so I'm not exactly a fan. That and there are way better things to eat.

I'm just not a big fan of crisps in general.

BusterC

Post by BusterC » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:35 am

This made my day.

luckywin90

Post by luckywin90 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:03 am

Your article is very detailed and impressive to me trap the cat, and I hope that you will send me more articles of this caliber in the future.