Deep down, we all seek attention.

Post by Glabbit » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Richie Rabbit wrote:COLOR TEXT IS FUN!
Richie Rabbit Seeks Attention.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: I seek attention

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:48 pm

I did actually pay him the respect of reading all of that because he did go to the trouble of writing it for me.

If anything I do or say on this forum seems arrogant, it either (a) was not intended to be so, or (b) was done/said in an ironic sense, i.e. pretending to be awesome when I'm not. The latter is when I'm being 0% serious. lol

To be honest, buddy, I think you're really overanalyzing why I do use the font. I just like it, and I use it to distnguish my posts from the posts of other people. Funnily enough, seeing purple has some sort of calming effect on me. It seems to have the opposite effect on other people. I don't know what it is, it's just nice to see. Believe it or not, I won't lose any sleep.

I never claimed to write thought-provoking, entertaining or interesting posts. The colour of my font was never meant to have any correlation to that, either.

I will be honest and say that for the most part in terms of gameplay or graphics technology, or in fact games development in general, I know very little. As I'm not much use in the heavier development conversation, I reserve myself for the random personal conversations and cool mods and various other things people come up with. So far in my days on the forum, no one has suddenly turned elitist on me and said "You don't contribute enough to the forums." I don't know, but I do hope someone's glad I'm on the forums.

Anyway, I'm sure it's irritating but I think you'll find it's easier to get over it. Renegayed_Turner got over it, and what was originally everyone being angry at him on my behalf turned into me, him, Blorx and a few others having a super fun conversation about music. I think you'll find it's much better talking about things you like than getting upset/irritated about nothing.

Nothing says other people can't do it, if they want. A dark red or dark green would go pretty nicely and wouldn't hurt anyone's eyes.

Like this or this.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:09 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:It seems to have the opposite effect on other people.[/color]
Indeed it does.

Infact, it's kind of weird.

Like I'm being subconciously hypnotised into being angry.

And I don't get angry often. (Course, when I do I freaking EXPLODE)

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote: I just like it, and I use it to distnguish my posts from the posts of other people.
I think you're an okay person... & i like it that you're not like everyone else.. i rather be a shade of purple in a world full of grey :) :? or is it gray? .. idk anyways.... yea.. : :|

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:33 pm

"Grey" is the colour, "Gray" is the name.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:"Grey" is the colour, "Gray" is the name.
" Richie Rabbit:& now we know" "Renegade_Turner:& knowing is half the battle" "Glabbit: G.I.JOEEE~"

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Renegayed_Turner got over it
Got over what?!

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:56 pm

Wow, I'm a little late for this but oh well I suppose, lol...
Renegade_Turner wrote:Yeah there's a few other music projects that follow the same idea, e.g. The Rocket Summer (Bryce Avary) and Arsis (James Malone).

The three bands play REALLY different music though.
Nine Inch Nails is like...industrial music.
The Rocket Summer is pretty much pop rock.
Arsis is melodic death metal. OH YEAH MOTHERFUCKER!
I'll check those out when I can, band's like this interest me. Another one is Celldweller which I got really into a while back, still listen to a few of his songs.

Also liked the Anberlin CD's that were mentioned, the only one I have completely is New Surrender, and I have about half of the other two albums, started listening to New Surrender today in school actually. They deserve a lot more attention then they're getting.

And I enjoy purple. It's supposed to have a pyshcological effect on people but I can't remember what that is right now. It's just a color but this is pretty funny how much attention it's getting.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:"Grey" is the colour, "Gray" is the name.
I guess this depends on what country you're in.
My country wouldn't agree with you.
I, however, would.

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:55 pm

heres something that hurts your eyes:

now it is hard to read this

but its not hard to read this:

hello

shadow717

Post by shadow717 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:39 pm

It is if your friggin color blind. Thankfully I only have trouble with reds mixed with greens.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Renegayed_Turner wrote:
Renegayed_Turner got over it
Got over what?!
Oh, I thought initially you had some sort of problem with me because I was seeking attention or something and because you'd copied the name. It was just a joke, though, I guess. There was really nothing to get over? Sorry, bro.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Tonjevic wrote:You misjudge me. I am not angry. Merely irritated.
I gotta say, you're a pretty arrogant dick. Coming in here thinking that he's being cocky when he's just trying to put a different spin on TEXT of all things, to be fun and then SPEAKING OUT AGAINST IT is a goddamn waste of time. This is the internet. I don't give a damn if it annoys you, choke on your words asshole. We're all here to enjoy ourselves. If we were a high school click, Ren would probably be the party guy. That's just his personality. In fact, we're all chill, ridiculous people, especially in this forum. So really, ignore it and move on or sit here and argue. It's a waste of time to even give a damn about it. IT'S A FUCKING FORUM. GET THE HELL OVER IT.

Anyways, Ren and nero, I've come to like Asher Roth and 3OH!3 as well as LMFAO and Blood on the Dance Floor.

EDIT: ***NOTE: That was probably a bit extreme but him coming in here as a newb that doesn't quite understand this forum and then criticizing one of our respected members for something as small as that is just fucking ridiculous. I mean, it's just a forum...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:00 pm

I think him being new to the forums is a bit irrelevant. He's still entitled to his opinion. Granted, he was still a bit rude in voicing it.

I don't really like 3Oh!3...some of their songs are genius and some of them are godawful. Colorado Sunrise = genius. Richman = good. Electroshock = godawful. I think Breathe Carolina are a better example of a similar type of music.

Don't know who LMFAO are. Did I show you Surrender The Dance Floor? The cover of Just Dance is just sexual.