Anything else
Sandurz

Re: I seek attention

Post by Sandurz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:46 pm

You forgot to italicize NASCAR.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:57 pm

NASCAR is an acronym that stands for the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing. The only time you ever need to italicize a word is if it is a proper title, such as the title of a novel or book, or if you are emphasizing the word in a figure of speech. I'm guessing you thought I was wrong in the former sense, but as NASCAR isn't the title of a book (and if it is, I wasn't referring to it), it doesn't need to be italicized. Italicizing NASCAR is a mistake. Have you ever seen any acronyms that are italicized? Exactly.

Note: You technically could italicize if you were referring to NASCAR as a TV channel or program. I only referred to it as an acronym for the sport, meaning it was correct NOT to italicize it.

[/more-grammar-Nazism-to-an-extreme-degree]

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:08 pm

ROFL

I find it hard to believe that Ren(real) actually pissed someone off to this degree... Ren(gay), what's your problem with Ren(real)? Aside from his games of whack-a-noob (which you can't take personally), he's a great guy, from what I've seen in my time here. He's never made me feel uncomfortable or, god forbid, bad. His colored text is like his calling card, or trademark. I like it, I don't have to look at his DP or his name to know who he is.

Anyway, I'm done, say what you will.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:30 pm

@Ragdoll
Geez! A joke is a joke!

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:53 pm

Geez is not a word.

I hope you realize that both grammar-Nazism-to-an-extreme-degree posts were complete jokes. Well, everything I said in them is true... but... erm... jokes in the sense that they comically deprive the OP of his pride and give him what all the kids are calling a 'burn'.Yes, the 'what all the kids are calling' is another joke.Good God, you're determined to find out what I'm writing. EAT A SIZE 1.Size 1. Bweheheheheh.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:59 pm

GEEZ IZ A WURD!

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Ac30

Post by Ac30 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:26 am

I post in red.

Because I can.

(From now on at least)

shadow717

Post by shadow717 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:33 am

Green forever.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:47 am

...aaaand there goes the neighborhood.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:36 am

Glabbit

Re: I seek pancakes

Post by Glabbit » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 am

You're repeating yourself, Gray...

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Re: I seek pancakes

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:39 am

Glabbit wrote:You're repeating yourself, Gray...
I know. But the image was appropriate.
The image thread is a supository, I mean repository, threads are were I actually use the images.
Last edited by Grayswandir on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

blood-shard
Location: in a house in a heartbeat 28 miles away 28 days later

Post by blood-shard » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:40 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:You got attention because you're an idiot. This is the wrong kind of attention that you go intentionally looking for, degenerate. Image Next time before posting a troll thread, do it in intelligible English, please. Or Russian. Or anything, as long as you don't post crap like "I post in a different color then everybody." Let me break that down for you since you're too stupid to see just how big of an error the E replacement for the A was. Correct version- "I post in a different color than everybody else." Just saying "I post in a different color than everybody." is incorrect, as 'everybody' isn't doing anything in the sentence. You could say "I post in a different color than everyone.", or add an 'else', but just saying 'everybody' is incorrect. The words everyone and everybody are not synonymous. Now for the 'then' part- 'Then' is a transitory verb signaling an immediate advancement of time. You connected two sentence fragments by saying then. "I post in a different color, THEN everyone." Even that is incorrect since using 'then' indicates that you're narrating from perspective that's advancing from a first person standpoint but follows the words in real time, as in, the narrator doesn't know what happens next. Example: A sports announcer. I'm sure your illiterate ass is familiar with a NASCAR announcer screaming which car takes the lead on its two-hundredth left turn. This is incorrect since you switch perspectives from a direct first person to a memoir version of first person- "then everyone" would be preceded by "I posted in a different color", not "I post in a different color". Of course, by this point, fixing that error would be somewhat moot. Considering you said "then everyone", you had to follow up the pronoun with a verb. The only acceptable versions of your sentence would be "I posted in a different color, then everybody else asked why.", or, "I post in a different color than everyone else."

[/grammar-Nazism-to-an-extreme-degree]

Being a Nazi vulture on the slightest grammatical mistakes really helps blow off steam.
when you tend to try and keep things short you allways use allot of smart words that makes my little stupid head spin o.o RAGDOLLMASTER FTW xD

Renegaade_Turner

Post by Renegaade_Turner » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:36 am

Hey guys it's me the third child, I'm slightly different than my friend Renegayd_turner, and Renegade_Turner. So HI guys.

You'll never guess who this actually is.