I seek attention

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: I seek attention

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:41 pm

Envy On The Coast are new to me, and rather awesome. I am currently listening to Lucy Gray. I didn't know them until I saw them here in this thread, and decided to leave off replying until I'd listened to them. I LOVE them. The vocalist reminds me of Daryl Palumbo, vocalist of Glassjaw and Head Automatica. Actually, he sounds a LOT like him. Another person who sounds like Daryl Palumbo is the vocalist for Lower Definition.

It's ridiculous how different Glassjaw sounds to Head Automatica, and how similar Envy On The Coast and Lower Definition's vocals sound to Daryl Palumbo's.

CIty And Colour was already referred to in this thread, by me, although I chose Comin' Home instead of What Makes A Man.

I mentioned Explosions In The Sky in the instrumentals thread.

Haven't listened to Mayday Parade's new album. I listened to a bit of "The SIlence", and was sort of indifferent. I didn't hate it and I didn't love it. It's very different to their first album, probably due to the shift in songwriting process which happens when your main contributor to songwriting leaves the band. I still listen to Mayday Parade's first album in my car a lot. It hasn't gotten old for me despite countless listens.

My music tastes have changed a lot too. I still like a lot of post-hardcore and metalcore bands, I don't hate I See Stars or Attack Attack!, I don't really listen to them anymore really, too much other stuff to be listening to. If they're on I listen to them, though. I still love that one bit from The People's Elbow "OH THE BLOOD OH THE BLOOD OH THE MASSACRE", not for the incredibly predictably clichéd lyrics, but for the delivery of the vocals...and actually I do kind of like them for how cliché they are, oddly. Hahaha. Sometimes I like music I don't have to think about.

Anyway, a band I've started listening to lately, and whom are a current obsession of most of the United Kingdom and Ireland, is The XX. Their songs sound so simple but are so complexly layered. Crystalised is the most likely song from the album to have mass appeal. Cracking bassline. However, Night Time is my favourite song from the album. Pure songwriting brilliance. Give them a listen.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Listen to Thrice's water album. It is amazing.

Thrice - Open Water (live)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOOAsY4VEQ

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Had both of Thrice's Alchemy Index albums, they're pretty cool. My favourite song by far is Digital Sea.

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Wed May 12, 2010 6:42 am

I wrote a game around that song. Finally, there is something I like posted to this thread.