love stories ^^

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: love stories ^^

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue May 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Lol...as in the play or the film adaptation or what? I've been known to enjoy the odd romance film...jesus christ some of those romantic comedies can get so ridiculously generic though.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Tue May 12, 2009 7:24 pm

Lol I like how far this thread has derailed. I shall comment on it all.

These aren't really love stories, they're lust stories. Whatever all that was about like the making out under bleachers and in class from way back before, that's not love, it's teenagers being bored, horny, and making out. Then again what do I know.
Um, well my current girlfriend the first time we kissed the next day I actually had to ask her if I just dreamed it, and it was in all honesty. Kinda cute I guess? Lol.

As for the flame war...just lulz....

I had to read Romeo and Juliet for the 2nd time this year. It's all right I guess, I'm not too much into Shakespeare. My fondest memory of it is when we were watching the movie in class and there was a part where Mercutio was sitting in a bath and said something like, "do you see my fiddlestick?" and he pulled a stick out of the water, then someone shouted "Woah a penis!" Everyone laughed and the teacher got really mad at the kid, idiot lol.

Jendraz

Post by Jendraz » Tue May 12, 2009 7:58 pm

nerodx wrote: These aren't really love stories, they're lust stories. Whatever all that was about like the making out under bleachers and in class from way back before, that's not love, it's teenagers being bored, horny, and making out.
WHAT!? If sitting on a roof freezing your ass off in your boxers to avoid being smacked by your girlfriend's dad isn't love, then I don't know what is :roll:

edit: I like how your love story includes the line, "Woah, a penis!"

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Tue May 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Lol...as in the play or the film adaptation or what? I've been known to enjoy the odd romance film...jesus christ some of those romantic comedies can get so ridiculously generic though.
The play. 8)
Isn't Beauty & the Beast a love story also?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed May 13, 2009 12:20 am

Sandurz wrote:Linkey? Pretty please?
Well look through chainsaw man's posts or Colicidus's posts, and you'll find it. I could search for you but I'm lazy right now.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed May 13, 2009 4:42 am

Ugh... Let it go Grey.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed May 13, 2009 7:31 am

nerodx wrote:These aren't really love stories, they're lust stories. Whatever all that was about like the making out under bleachers and in class from way back before, that's not love, it's teenagers being bored, horny, and making out. Then again what do I know.
It's true that when you're first attracted to a person, that is lust, but once you become involved with them and develop feelings for them, I think it should be classed more as affection. You really can't be saying that any boyfriend and girlfriend kissing can only be classed as an act of lust. That's just silly. :|
Chainsaw man wrote:Ugh... Let it go Grey.
Lol significantly embarrassed. You knew when you posted it that you'd get a lot of stick about it. *Nods*

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed May 13, 2009 2:34 pm

Jendraz wrote:If sitting on a roof freezing your ass off in your boxers to avoid being smacked by your girlfriend's dad isn't love, then I don't know what is :roll:
Then you clearly don't know what love is. Freezing your ass off in your boxers to avoid being smacked by your girlfriend's dad isn't love, it's something you do to avoid being smacked by your girlfriend's dad. Just like using proper table manners and avoiding your girlfriend's dad.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed May 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:
Lol significantly embarrassed. You knew when you posted it that you'd get a lot of stick about it. *Nods*
You know what... its moments like this that tell me I cant ask anyone for advice on the net.
Just make sure if you do that your not with a gang related person.
Last edited by Chainsaw man on Wed May 13, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed May 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Jendraz wrote:If sitting on a roof freezing your ass off in your boxers to avoid being smacked by your girlfriend's dad isn't love, then I don't know what is :roll:
Then you clearly don't know what love is. Freezing your ass off in your boxers to avoid being smacked by your girlfriend's dad isn't love, it's something you do to avoid being smacked by your girlfriend's dad. Just like using proper table manners and avoiding your girlfriend's dad.
I don't think you're one to be telling someone else what their perception of love should or should not be. After all it's just a label for feeling that's very hard to describe and I doubt 4 letters do enough to describe everything about that feeling. Love has a different meaning for a lot of people.

I suppose he considered the gesture of facing all that trouble to be with his girlfriend as a gesture of his affection for her. Who knows?

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Wed May 13, 2009 3:14 pm

You could say that he didn't want his girlfriend to face emotional grief/stress from her dad hitting him, but it was his fault (if that's a true story) that he was over and almost got caught; and yes, I can see a girl would be touched by him willing to do that so her dad wouldn't get mad, but personally, it seems like the main reason he did it was to avoid getting hit. I somehow doubt his first thought was, "Shit, if I don't get out of here, my girlfriend will be sad."- more like, "CRAZY FAT GUY COMING, LET'S JUMP ONTO THE ROOF."

I think I should've removed that first sentence of my post- no one can really fully understand love, and I didn't mean that the way it seems I did; should have worded it better; but the rest of the post is kind of what I was getting to, that he did that mainly for himself and then partially for his girlfriend, if he was even thinking about that. (Though, if you were thinking about your girlfriend first, that probably IS love :P)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed May 13, 2009 3:21 pm

Now THAT post is a lot more reasonable, and I agree with your logic there. =P

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed May 13, 2009 3:22 pm

The word love is so uninventive. I love my cat, I love cake, I love my Family, I love my Spouse, I love my Secritary...

You would think the person saying this was high.
I Adore my cat. I enjoy the great taste of Cake, My Faimly is Important, My Spouse is the world to me, I like to have Sex with my Secritary.

It paints you a better picutre

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed May 13, 2009 3:28 pm

If you can top "love biting" your girlfriend's nipple off, then I'll drop the subject, but until you do something even funnier, you're not gonna hear the end of it. :mrgreen:
I mean come on, its funny, you gotta look at the lighter side of things.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Wed May 13, 2009 4:03 pm

XD