Message from Flagpole

Anything else
FlagPole

Re: Message from Flagpole

Post by FlagPole » Wed May 20, 2009 10:05 am

I haven't eaten all day.

Of course, I don't feel hungry at all.

In fact, I don't even feel tired, despite not even stopping to sit down.

Oh god, when was the last time I blinked?

This place is impossible. So am I.

THE DARKEST GARDEN
Part 3: I have answers

It was getting dark. The worms were still "enjoying eachother's company" and the little child had grown up. I didn't see it eat anything, so the worms can defy the laws of physics as well as the laws of biology and common sense.

The birds still had no house.

A little white mouse curiously crept to the edge of the square, staring at the turnip. Apparantly mice like turnips. I'm hoping real mice do that as well. None of the animals here seem to be the same as the animals I normally see. More like... The idea of animals.

At the same time some kind of moth started flying around outside the square.

The woman told me that the moth visited gardens (Damnit I'm calling it that now) at night. I shrugged and noticed that the turnip had jumped out of the ground by itself. This strange event suddenly made me decide to give the birds what they want.

The worms were breeding like rabbits anyway.

According to the woman I actually had to tell the birds to eat the worms instead of instinct telling them. Do these things even have instinct? Whatever. After I managed to get the bird to want to eat the worm, the wiggley little thing was completely shattered. Somehow it was a bloodless death. Bits of the worm were scattered across the place and the bird was happily munching on it's innards, but no blood. I looked away in shock at the worm just... Exploding like that.

I looked back at the bird, and then something weird happened. The bits of worm started moving.

I swore. Very loudly.

The scattered gibs moved to the edge of the square before reforming into a worm again. The worm had lost it's color, as if it no-longer lived in my garden. The worm looked at it's family with those empty eyes, then turned around and wandered off.

...Wait a second.

I'd never seen these things anywhere else in the world, so where was it wandering off to? For that matter, where did the original two worms come from?

... Then I started to put things together in my head.
The woman told me that the moth visited gardens
Ian Vipatva, whoever he really is, didn't send the deed to a plot of land to me. He sent deeds. All across the country, maybe the world. Just so he could trap people in these squares to look after the things.

The worm was wandering off to another person's garden. Someone who may not even realize just how trapped they are.

But why would Ian want to trap people like this? Why couldn't he just hire people? I don't even understand why he'd want the little things to breed. They do nothing by themselves, they don't eat anything, they have no personal instinct and do anything anyone tells them... They repair themselves after death...

...A perfect minion...

[BEHINDTHESCENES] Unintentional cliffhanger! I seriously cannot continue the plot until the thing is fixed, so you'll have to wait for a while.

Technology hates me.[/BEHINDTHESCENES]