Lady Gaga?

Anything else
Kestril

Re: Lady Gaga?

Post by Kestril » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:21 pm

That's unique, but it weirds me out more than makes me interested.

Point is: Her music is mainstream, and people listen to her for the mainstream (bleh, so subjective, I hate using that word.) 'music'. I'd take a song that says something other than "Go with it, just dance." or that's about sex. I don't want to hear about that stuff when I listen to music. I'd take some Boston , some Metallica, or even some old school Matchbox twenty, some U2, and heck! even something by The killers (no, it's not human.Click it.) any day over lady gaga. To me, the songs have say more than 'sex' or 'put a damn ring on it' or 'dance'- which is what the mainstream does, understandably, because who doesn't like sex, dancing, and engagements?

I just don't like it in my music.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:25 pm

Ah, I see. Anyways, yeah. Read up on my social project. I'm going against everything I've tried to do with this project.

Totally understand what you're saying...but the Killers? Really? (Are we human...or are we dancers?) =P

Kestril

Post by Kestril » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:27 pm

Don't get me started on the lyric debate in that song. BOTH work people, although 'dancers' is the official lyrics.

Wait? How are you going against everything that's going against in your project? I'm confused.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm totally against mainstream and the straight up rapping/screaming-in-rap-songs about sex.

...correction. I hate doing it myself. I hate knowing I'm a part of it. Don't mind the people that do it and actually like listening to a lot of it...just don't enjoy making it so much.

I'm more for the intelligent stuff with complicated chord patterns, beautiful acoustic music and lots and lots of open tunings.

The stuff I'm doing is like Brokencyde mixed with a little bit of Attack Attack and it's about getting laid...going pretty much against it.

Kestril

Post by Kestril » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:37 pm

Well, I kinda have a double standard for rap. The ugly stuff I don't recognize as rap, or even music.

This rap,however. . . .

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:42 pm

Haha...wow. Good 'ol College Humor. See, I'd be fine doing that but yeah...I'm against the whole mainstream thing usually. Just seems too...by the numbers and not enough of my own creative thing.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:29 pm

That AOL sessions set from Lada Gaga is horribly tedious. Get some INTENSITY.
Kestril wrote:This rap,however. . . .
...is mildly horrific.

Get some.

Blorx wrote:The stuff I'm doing is like Brokencyde mixed with a little bit of Attack Attack and it's about getting laid...going pretty much against it.
Brokencyde is a terrible buzz band filled with rather untalented individuals. Attack Attack! is rather fantastic though.
Kestril wrote:I'd take some Boston , some Metallica, or even some old school Matchbox twenty, some U2, and heck! even something by The killers.
You picked a decent U2 song, from before they turned shit! =D I would have picked THIS. Catchy rock goodness.

Good choice of song from Boston, I'd be more inclined to showcase the awesomeness of THIS though. The intro is amazing!

Fantastic choice of song from Metallica. They don't have many better ones. I probably would have chose THIS. Some of Hetfield's greatest lyrics.

I'm not too fond of that Matchbox Twenty song, I would rather THIS song. I love his voice.

Terrible choice of song from The Killers. That's definitely not one of their better songs. Old school Killers was better. I listened to Hot Fuss too many times.

That was mildly pointless, I just wanted to see what songs I'd pick for the ones you picked.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:49 pm

She's okay. Not that great but she's not Miley Cyrus so I'm cool with it.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:10 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:That AOL sessions set from Lada Gaga is horribly tedious. Get some INTENSITY.
I didn't think so. I thought it was much better than her usual pop act.
Renegade_Turner wrote:
Blorx wrote:The stuff I'm doing is like Brokencyde mixed with a little bit of Attack Attack and it's about getting laid...going pretty much against it.
Brokencyde is a terrible buzz band filled with rather untalented individuals. Attack Attack! is rather fantastic though.

Read my thread dedicated to it. It's an experiment. I'm not keeping with it. All my other stuff has been acoustic stuff for the most part with some experiments on the side.

Kestril

Post by Kestril » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:09 am

Oh, I can't believe I didn't add theEagles
Thus another band gets put on the list, on top of the hundreds of other ones, like AC/DC, and Billy Joel, and (this might be a tad unfair)The beatles, and Foreigner, and Queen, andBlue Oyster Cult, and Daft Punk, and Heart andSting, and Guns 'n Roses., and The goo goo dolls, and Rush. . .

Really, the list goes on and on. . .

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:50 am

Aww dude not Hotel California. People always pick Hotel California! I pick One Of These Nights.

Can't argue with Thunderstruck. AC/DC are awesome. Also check out AIRBOURNE.

Lol Billy Joel. Gotta love some River Of Dreams.

Hey Jude is a classic, but THIS is my personal favourite song by The Beatles, a song from their film A Hard Day's Night.

Ahh, Jukebox Hero. That was the first Foreigner song I ever heard, back when I was like 12 or 13. I probably would have picked that too. For the sake of being different, check THIS out.

Also, a band that always reminds me of Foreigner is Toto. Check this out, the singer had such a fantastic tash.

Nice rockin' Queen song, but my favourite Queen song of all time since I saw the Live At Wembley video is Who Wants To Live Forever. Freddie Mercury's voice was ridiculously powerful. Here's the live version though, for dramatic effect. It's much better than the recorded version.

That's definitely the most well known Blue Oyster Cult song, but it needs more cowbell. My favourite Blue Oyster Cult song is definitely THIS.

Your link for Daft Punk has copyright issues. In its place I will provide a rather fantastic mash-up of two of their songs from their 2007 live album Alive.

Ooooo Barracuda. I remember that song from Grand Theft Auto, I always played that station, hahaha. Definitely a classy Heart song, but I go crazy for THIS ONE.

That's an alright song by Sting. His best work was when he was in The Police, though.

Always a classic Guns N' Roses song. My favourite is this little number though. It's a pity Axl Rose is a tool.

Lol Avril Lavigne and her nose job. I prefer this collaboration by the Goo Goo Dolls. =P Check out John Rzeznik's cool hair.

Again, I can't fault your choice of song by Rush. Fantastic song, I loved that one during my Rush obsession phase. lol. Again, however, for the sake of being different, check out THIS song. Sooooo catchy but still rockin'. Still, as the video says, check out the hairdos! Back when Neil Peart had hair! Hahaha. Rush is seriously one of the best combination of talented musicians I've ever seen. Neil Peart and Geddy Lee are possibly the best drummer and bassist I've ever seen respectively, and Alex Lifeson is no slouch on the guitar either. I love Rush.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:01 pm

oh good yeah rush is great, I think my favorites by them would be a passage to bangkok, driven, and bytor and the snow dog. Beatles I'd have to say Yesterday. Billy Joel I always liked Piano man but yep I don't know how we got to this but I thought I'd throw some names in there.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:45 am

Colicedus on Lady gaga: Colicedus aproves! :D
http://noble001.deviantart.com/art/LadyGaga-129694815
Colicedus on Chainsaw girl: Colicedus and myself aprove! :twisted:
http://notanothervillain.deviantart.com ... l-63272105

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:27 pm

Chainsaw man wrote:Colicedus on Lady gaga: Colicedus aproves! :D
http://noble001.deviantart.com/art/LadyGaga-129694815
Colicedus on Chainsaw girl: Colicedus and myself aprove! :twisted:
http://notanothervillain.deviantart.com ... l-63272105
Shhh... Do you hear that? It's the sound of thousands of random guys getting erections simultaneously.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:30 pm

I really know how to kill a conversation, don't I?