iPad

Anything else
m3nace

Re: iPad

Post by m3nace » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:30 pm

It's neither an enlarged ipod touch nor is it a touchscreen macbook, it's a hybrid
if you'd been following the whole presentation (like me :3) you'd know that it has features from both

I think it looks handy, great for schoolwork

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:34 pm

m3nace wrote:It's neither an enlarged ipod touch nor is it a touchscreen macbook, it's a hybrid
if you'd been following the whole presentation (like me :3) you'd know that it has features from both

I think it looks handy, great for schoolwork
This post speaketh the truth.

Uberpwn_w00t

Post by Uberpwn_w00t » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:32 pm

I've watched the presentation, I've read the page on the Apple website, and it's not a hybrid. It's really just an enlarged iPod touch.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Uberpwn_w00t wrote:I've watched the presentation, I've read the page on the Apple website, and it's not a hybrid. It's really just an enlarged iPod touch.
This post speaketh an opinion...

...which I disagree with. In other words

This post speaketh a lie.

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:45 pm

Evidence? I mean, really, it runs the exact same apps as the iTouch. How is it possibly better for schoolwork than a basic netbook? There isn't even any actual word processing system besides a bunch of "notes" apps.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:48 pm

TheBigCheese wrote:Evidence? I mean, really, it runs the exact same apps as the iTouch. How is it possibly better for schoolwork than a basic netbook? There isn't even any actual word processing system besides a bunch of "notes" apps.
Excuse me, but there is a word processing system. It's called "Pages" and it comes with iWork. ;)

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Wow, great. Does it offer anything new? Because a physical keyboard is loads better than a touch screen, both for your fingers in the long run and for typing accuracy. Gg, bro.

This really is a giant iPod Touch :|

h2ostra

Post by h2ostra » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:55 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:Wow, great. Does it offer anything new? Because a physical keyboard is loads better than a touch screen, both for your fingers in the long run and for typing accuracy. Gg, bro.

I do not understand how people use touch screen keyboards, and especially those tiny ones. Every time I try, it ends up looking like I was trying to type with a closed fist.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:13 am

h2ostra wrote:
Ragdollmaster wrote:Wow, great. Does it offer anything new? Because a physical keyboard is loads better than a touch screen, both for your fingers in the long run and for typing accuracy. Gg, bro.

I do not understand how people use touch screen keyboards, and especially those tiny ones. Every time I try, it ends up looking like I was trying to type with a closed fist.
That might be your problem :lol:

Although I am also skeptical about how well typing on the iPad will work. Guess I'lll have to drive down to an Apple store in 58 days.

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Armored Wolf wrote:Excuse me, but there is a word processing system. It's called "Pages" and it comes with iWork. ;)
Ah, my fault then. Still, I don't see why it would be any better at word processing than a regular laptop.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:24 pm

Not necessarily better at word processing. I admit, I am having trouble picking out a decisive advantage that the iPad has over the average netbook, but nonetheless, I think the iPad is terribly awesome and I want one. :D

Man, the old emoticons were so much better.

Uberbeard

Post by Uberbeard » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:03 pm

The typing still looks awful to use, it takes up 4/5ths of the screen when you use it. I'm dissapointed that they haven't pulled their finger out and just made a touch screen MacBook. I don't want a glorified media player, nobody needs a glorified media player, and it saddens me to see Apple release this because people will go and buy it... not because they need it, or because they want it, but because Steve Jobs told them to, and he makes them feel warm inside.

Kotaku ran a good anti-iPad article lately, dismissing it's weak claims to innovation and making the point that, because of how big Apple are, it's actually standing in the way of forward progress. Much agree.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 pm

Uberbeard wrote:Kotaku ran a good anti-iPad article lately, dismissing it's weak claims to innovation and making the point that, because of how big Apple are, it's actually standing in the way of forward progress. Much agree.
Thousands of places have been running anti-iPad articles. They aren't original. But, I can't find anything terribly original about the iPad in the first place. I don't think Apple is standing in the way of forward progress, I think everybody is expecting something WOW and AMAZING from Apple every single time Apple releases a new product. Since Apple released a good product, but not an amazing one, everybody is like "Apple is lame. iPad is lame. Steve Jobs is lame."
Uberbeard wrote:I don't want a glorified media player, nobody needs a glorified media player
Nobody needs a glorified media player. However, I do in fact want one, even if you don't. :)

Nitsua

Post by Nitsua » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:26 pm

What is the deal with touch screens all of a sudden. In my opinion they are not that great. There pretty easy to break, and the oil on human skin will, over time, make your screen look like a fat kids chin.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Nitsua wrote: and the oil on human skin will, over time, make your screen look like a fat kids chin.
Oleophobic glass.