Neat little zombie game

Anything else
Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Neat little zombie game

Post by Blorx » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:50 pm

It's called Dead Wake. It's not the best thing ever but it's a good time-killer, methinks, and from what I can see, now that it's out of beta, it seems to be free. I've yet to load up the "official release" though, so I don't know if it still says it's a demo.

However, it does claim to be "developed with the gamers" so that always means something good. :D

Aspen

Re: Neat little zombie game

Post by Aspen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:12 pm

I am depressed with the zombie genre of late. It is getting quite tiring, and I wish developers would imagine something new and original, as opposed to yet another zombie game.

DJisbored

Post by DJisbored » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Aspen wrote:…I wish developers would imagine something new and original, as opposed to yet another zombie game.
I completely disagree. Zombie games are some of my favorites, and depending on the maker, each one can be a completely different way of fighting the undead.

Although, I can't really say anything about dead wake, seeing as how it says it's for windows, but the youtube trailers on the site looked awesome D:

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Aspen wrote:I am depressed with the zombie genre of late. It is getting quite tiring, and I wish developers would imagine something new and original, as opposed to yet another zombie game.
Ironic...everyone else is getting depressed at the lack of zombie games. Left 4 Dead and Zombie Shooter are the only popular ones I can think of. Fort Zombie kinda sucked, imho.

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:40 pm

It looked good graphics wise, but the weapons didn't look like they had much mass to them. They had kind of an empty feeling.

Endorgan

Post by Endorgan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:21 pm

http://www.thestylemachine.com/zombie/
^ Zombie Exploder ^
Not the best game I've ever played, but it has held my attention for a few hours at least.
Definitely does not have the recognition it deserves.

Aspen

Post by Aspen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Blorx wrote:
Aspen wrote:I am depressed with the zombie genre of late. It is getting quite tiring, and I wish developers would imagine something new and original, as opposed to yet another zombie game.
Ironic...everyone else is getting depressed at the lack of zombie games. Left 4 Dead and Zombie Shooter are the only popular ones I can think of. Fort Zombie kinda sucked, imho.
Maybe I am one of the few who is not a fan of the immensely popular undead. I don't know, Left 4 Dead and it's sequel seemed unsatisfactory compared to other games, such as Uncharted 2.

I do not dislike zombie games, I just feel that that is all the game developers are willing to make now. :|

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:31 pm

Aspen wrote: Maybe I am one of the few who is not a fan of the immensely popular undead. I don't know, Left 4 Dead and it's sequel seemed unsatisfactory compared to other games, such as Uncharted 2.

I do not dislike zombie games, I just feel that that is all the game developers are willing to make now. :|
I really don't know where you're getting that idea.

I do have to vote that they are pretty unsatisfactory by comparison to others, but there are next to none in existence.

I just was saying it's a neat time-killer.

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:37 pm

I hated Left 4 Dead and I LOVE Left 4 Dead 2. Strange how things work out. Zombie stuff is one of my favorite topics for everything though, games, movies, books. This game seems interesting, the video looked like you have to manually make fortifications, though the character didn't really use them. I'll play it soon, I'm too tired right now to start playing a new game though.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:27 am

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:37 am

Do zombies need to poop after they eat?

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Grayswandir wrote:http://undeadlabs.com/
If only it were out, Gray, if only.

I'm eagerly awaiting it, since it has Jeff Strain backing it.

However, I do think they're overdoing the "zombie lovers" part a bit...if anyone's a "zombie lover" then it's James Silva.

EDIT: Irony...2 JS's... :roll: