Happy Birthday Renegade_Turner

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Happy Birthday Renegade_Turner

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Got train to Dublin, met girlfriend, brought stuff to hotel she booked for us and paid for, went to Japanese restaurant Wagamama (my favourite restaurant) and had chicken katsu curry (my favourite thing to order), bought 0.7 of a litre of Russian vodka and a 2 litre bottle of Coke, went back to hotel, drank vodka and coke while listening to music and watching TV and eating coffee cake (=D) and doing other stuff (!), left hotel at 9-ish to go to a Two Door Cinema Club concert we had tickets to at The Button Factory (live venue, not actual factory of buttons), that finished a bit early so we went to find a nightclub in Temple Bar, found one that was a bit dead at first (all nightclubs are before around half 11) but after about a half an hour was overflowing with people, had more drinks, decided to start dancing, continued until closing time (around half 2 in the morning), got a taxi back to the hotel, performed certain activities (played Chess, y'know? ;)), woke up in the morning at 9 with a pounding headache, delighted.

When you stop having birthdays at McDonald's with your parents, get back to me.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Got train to Dublin, met girlfriend, brought stuff to hotel she booked for us and paid for, went to Japanese restaurant Wagamama (my favourite restaurant) and had chicken katsu curry (my favourite thing to order), bought 0.7 of a litre of Russian vodka and a 2 litre bottle of Coke, went back to hotel, drank vodka and coke while listening to music and watching TV and eating coffee cake (=D) and doing other stuff (!), left hotel at 9-ish to go to a Two Door Cinema Club concert we had tickets to at The Button Factory (live venue, not actual factory of buttons), that finished a bit early so we went to find a nightclub in Temple Bar, found one that was a bit dead at first (all nightclubs are before around half 11) but after about a half an hour was overflowing with people, had more drinks, decided to start dancing, continued until closing time (around half 2 in the morning), got a taxi back to the hotel, performed certain activities (played Chess, y'know? ;)), woke up in the morning at 9 with a pounding headache, delighted.

When you stop having birthdays at McDonald's with your parents, get back to me.
Okay, that's better.

tokage

Post by tokage » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Armored Wolf wrote: So your awesome birthday consisted of gf's bringing coffee cake? I've had better funerals than that.
You had better funerals than eating your favorite cake and playing chess with your girlfriend? Pics or it didn't happen...

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:13 pm

All I can say is, there were strippers. Dead crazy uncles ftw.

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:50 pm

tokage wrote:
Armored Wolf wrote: So your awesome birthday consisted of gf's bringing coffee cake? I've had better funerals than that.
You had better funerals than eating your favorite cake and playing chess with your girlfriend? Pics or it didn't happen...
I didn't know he played chess with his girlfriend at the time I wrote that. I've never played chess at a funeral (though I have eaten coffee cake at one.)

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Armored Wolf wrote: I've never played chess at a funeral
Bwahahaha.

:wink:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Ahh, the Big Cheese wasn't the only one who saw the funny side of that. :wink:

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Ahh, the Big Cheese wasn't the only one who saw the funny side of that. :wink:
I was trying not to say anything, but you guys already mentioned it, so why the hell not? :lol:

Seems you guys learned your manners from Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. :P

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Hahaha. Exactly. Pop culture references ftw.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Hahaha. Exactly. Pop culture references ftw.
What?! The Future Leaders of the World told me that pop culture's dead! Are you telling me that the leaders of the world, albeit not in power yet, lied to me? That's impossible!

... :lol:

tokage

Post by tokage » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:51 am

Armored Wolf wrote:
tokage wrote:
I didn't know he played chess with his girlfriend at the time I wrote that. I've never played chess at a funeral (though I have eaten coffee cake at one.)
See, that's what I can't wrap my head around. He said he had an awesome birthday and he hinted that his gf was with him. How can you not assume there was chess playing involved? Somehow you are lacking subtlety and tact in blurping out because you can't understand instead of thinking. And you obviously never played chess.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:36 am

Too "Wedding Crashers" in here ...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Maybe he has played chess, but only against himself?

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:24 pm

I like checkers more. :P ...

Armored Wolf

Post by Armored Wolf » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Maybe he has played chess, but only against himself?
Girlfriends + Coffee Cake = Chess?

There is a variable involved in that equation, for example, some people are idiots and cannot play chess. Most people can eat coffee cake, and many can get at least temporary girlfriends. Unfortunately, not all can play chess.

Yoikes, I seem to be under a bombardment by both tokage and Renegade_Turner, they make a fierce duo, I must abandon my honor and run for my life, aaaaaaaaaaa!