Highschool of the Dead

Anything else
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Highschool of the Dead

Post by Grayswandir » Thu May 06, 2010 7:15 am

...Originally I was just gonna shove this in the Randomness thread, but its more awesome than that.
Highschool of the Dead homepage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highschool_of_the_Dead

Trailer

Zombies, guns, fan service, violence, anime, high schoolers. Now, what makes this kick-ass is that its full on George Romero zombies...not those super-fast, uber zombies, or those mutated resident Evil zombies, full on old-school awesome zombies with survival tactics taken straight out of the Zombie Survival Guide. They did their research.

Enjoy.

...Yes, they spell "high school" wrong.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Thu May 06, 2010 7:43 am

Despite myself, I am amused.

Although everyone knows that running zombies are scarier.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Highschool of the Dead

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu May 06, 2010 8:23 am

LOL @ 0:58. He smacked that bitch. It's one of those awkward moments where the girl thinks she can leave the kitchen.[/blatantsexism]

This film almost seems to be making fun of the convention in anime for pointlessly showing off girls' cleavage and asses. The girl falls down and it shows her ass, the girl bends over it shows her cleavage, the girl is standing in a room looking confused, begins to run and her behemoth breasts begin to savagely rock from side to side, girl driving a bus and her breasts are jiggling, girl standing by a window in a pensive mood, it's showing an upskirt. It's kinda funny.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu May 06, 2010 10:27 am

Yeah, I was gonna comment on that too, but you beat me to it. I'll have to look into this though, it looks pretty cool.

Oh and Zhukov, 9 times out of 10, i'd agree with you, but in this case, i think a horde of slow zombies, coupled with a lack of decent weaponry (its in a school) makes it alot more terrifying, still I spose it's all down to personal opinion, but meh Image watcha gonna do about it?? :lol:

Ebrahim

Post by Ebrahim » Thu May 06, 2010 11:16 am

Yeah I think its more down to the situation, The only thing that makes running zombies scary is surprise and Large hordes. If you see 20-30 zombies speeding at you down a field you will GTFO quicktime. Like in 28 weeks later, in that farm bit where he was chased all the way to the boat and even then they jumped into the water.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Thu May 06, 2010 11:41 am

Yeah, that was good, but I think that the first film was much better then the second, there were rumours going around at one point of a 28 months later coming out, but I don't know if they were true or not, in fact *googles* I'll be back in a few minutes...

EDIT: wiki-ing 28 days later at the moment, apparently, the guy who help direct 28 weeks later is the same guy who has rumoured to be directing a bioshock movie

ANOTHER EDIT: Danny Boyle has confirmed that he has a story currently forming for a third film

you guessed it, YET ANOTHER EDIT: http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/07/17/ ... in-russia/ Danny Boyle wants the third film to be set in Russia, basically, the rage virus wiped out the French!

FINAL EDIT I PROMISE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fctvT2sz ... re=related looks like it will happen, and the rumours are it's this year!

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Thu May 06, 2010 12:11 pm

AS A MATTER OF FACT! I just read all the 24 chapters :)

It was ok, but no where near hellsing or one piece

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:21 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:Yeah, I was gonna comment on that too, but you beat me to it. I'll have to look into this though, it looks pretty cool.

Oh and Zhukov, 9 times out of 10, i'd agree with you, but in this case, i think a horde of slow zombies, coupled with a lack of decent weaponry (its in a school) makes it alot more terrifying, still I spose it's all down to personal opinion, but meh Image watcha gonna do about it?? :lol:
I agree ...most of the time i think the numbers that should make zombies scary, not the speed or ability ... especially if they're really aiming for "the living dead" ... that's why an urban environment is the setting for zombies ... in a rural environment there aren't as many potential zombies

For example, you think you're safe on the roof of a house right? ... WRONG! they will slowly pile up next to the house making a pile of zombies high enough that they can get onto the roof ...

If they're doing something like what was seen in "28 days later" or "I am legend" in which the hordes of people aren't really dead but are infected or mutated, then having them be speedy is acceptable ...

But death coupled with speed is a no no :P ...

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Thu May 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Like in l4d >:/ damn fast zombies

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu May 06, 2010 7:00 pm

I love all kinds of "zombies", but the slow ones have a special place in my heart.
Renegade_Turner wrote:LOL @ 0:58. He smacked that bitch. It's one of those awkward moments where the girl thinks she can leave the kitchen.[/blatantsexism]
Yeah a lot of the situations are made even more hilarious because they're taken entirely out of context for the trailer.

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Thu May 06, 2010 8:22 pm

THAT. LOOKS. AWESOME. WHERE CAN I GET IT I WANT IT NOW.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu May 06, 2010 9:07 pm

It hasn't been released yet. But you can read the translated manga here:
http://xamayon.org/hsotd.php

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 pm

I kinda hope it gets picked up by funimation or some other translating company ... I kinda would like to see the series ...

(although I'm pretty burnt out on the ecchi-ness ... at one time I found it hilarious but now after I watched so many different series I realized that its just a distraction they use to prevent people from seeing that they have a weak plot in their series ... but this has freakin' zombies so ... ???)

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Fri May 07, 2010 10:44 am

nutcracker wrote:Like in l4d >:/ damn fast zombies
Actually, in L4D, it was a mutational virus. Which is why the posters say to report any unusual behaviour (like trying to eat their wife, not like dying, then getting back up) and many of the things in the game refer to an "infection", like the guy in the church, "she said she was immune", after being bitten. Just thought I'd take it upon myself to correct you there, seems as nobody else has :evil:

Joking, joking :lol:

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:08 pm

I just started watching this sub'd. It's really great! Plus, they use music from 28 Days Later!