Activity

Anything else
Fournine
.hacker

Activity

Post by Fournine » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:06 am

In Chemistry, it's the effective concentration of a substance for purposes of calculating equilibrium and other fancy thermodynamic figures.

In the more general usage of the word, it's what I've noticed to be suddenly lacking on this board. Did everyone get out of school and decide to go to the beach? If so, shame on you.
Summertime should be abolished and replaced with a second winter, so I can go skiing more.

This post brought to you by the power of insomnia and sleep medication. I might not even remember posting this tomorrow.

Endoperez

Re: Activity

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:23 am

Fournine wrote:Did everyone get out of school and decide to go to the beach?
I've not gotten out of school yet, and in fact the earliest I've been able to leave school this week has been 17.00. Latest was 20.30 or so yesterday. I've not been posting mostly because I haven't had time.

WallyWorld

Post by WallyWorld » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:45 am

Wait... People still go to the beach?... People still go OUTSIDE?! I thought everyone just got everything they needed from the interwebs like me and had it delivered by those highly realistic looking androids in UPS and Fed-ex uniforms.

I think most people are out within a few weeks, but not quite yet. I was out about a month ago, but I go to an art school that is somewhat loose(?) when it comes to things like attendance, or grades, or showing up, and is more about doing work to show at the end of the semester.

This post brought to you by sleeping disorders and amphetamines, letting people operate at PLAD speed on the inside and normal speed on the outside for barely recognizable amounts of sleep. And now I realize there is only one sentence of on topic information in this entire post...

Sandurz

Post by Sandurz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:36 am

Fournine wrote:In the more general usage of the word, it's what I've noticed to be suddenly lacking on this board. Did everyone get out of school and decide to go to the beach?
We just got out today.

We have no beaches. Well, one if you count Lake Michigan, but you couldn't PAY me to swim in that.

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:42 am

Hmm... maybe it's just everyone being too busy for finals. Most of the people I know have already finished for the year, but they're in college and law school. I know for certain that my old highschool is still in session for another couple of weeks, though.

I live in the California Bay Area, and I tell you, the weekend traffic sucks all summer because everyone thinks, "Oh, what a lovely day to go to the beach. I'll jump into the car and drive out there!"
We need more fucking public transit and fewer sunbathing retards driving SUVs. /rant

Anyway, good to see some posts in here. It feels like the Wolfire section is dragging its heels, though.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Ive been kinda busy ... I'm taking a summer class, working at a camp that teaches kids about robotics (they build/program robots to do different tasks), and moving to a different apartment

I also applied for a mod team, but about halfway through the application proccess (modeling something) I realized I wasn't truely motivated enough to work in such a restricted job (wearing one small hat) with no pay ... either that or I am not interested in modding anymore ..

I dunno, there is something exhausting about someone else dictating what you need to do rather than just doing what you think needs to be done. It wouldn't really be a problem if I was getting paid for it, but since I'm not, I thought I lacked the motivation to help out

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:09 pm

I've been free for a while now, I just haven't had much to say.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Irish isn't the place for beaches. Too much shit weather. We have a little cove called the Guillamene where my girlfriend lives in Tramore which is fun to jump off. Here's a picture of a rather funny sign which is kept at the top of the walkway down to the cove which is preserved simply for the novelty.

I don't post as often as I used to simply because there's not enough to interest me, aside from berating the stupid people for being stupid.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:43 pm

But wait why would they display the sign if it is not enforced. Silly Irish.

Anyways, I still have about a week in school. Next Friday is my last day, and it's a half-day that only lasts until about noon-ish.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:37 am

This section of the board has kinda slowed down, and I really don't play Lugaru as much as I used to, and I haven't preordered Overgrowth, so I don't check the other sections very often.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:But wait why would they display the sign if it is not enforced. Silly Irish.
^^^ Idiot.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:49 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:But wait why would they display the sign if it is not enforced. Silly Irish.

Are you serious?

Ren explained in his post. Also, there is an explanation in the bloody picture.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Honestly, after a while, I just kind of gave up. The average intelligence level of members here seems to be going down...

nerodx
confused couch potato

Post by nerodx » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Not much to say most of the time. Plus I've been a bit busier.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Blorx wrote:Honestly, after a while, I just kind of gave up. The average intelligence level of members here seems to be going down...
Hurf durf urf.
Butt tacos are awesome.