Who is David Rosen?

Anything else
Fournine
.hacker

Who is David Rosen?

Post by Fournine » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:00 pm

DAVID ROSEN BIOGRAPHY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Born in Toronto, Canada in 1912, David Rosen studied at Cooper Union Art School, famed college of engineering and art, in New York City from 1930 to 1933. During the Great Depression years, Mr. Rosen joined the Federal Arts Project in New York City where he worked in the Mural Division until 1941. During that time, he worked in the now infamous Siqueiros Art Workshop for almost two years. It was there that together with many important artists of the time, including Phillip Guston and Jackson Pollock, that he experimented with new media and techniques.

His career interrupted by World War II, Mr. Rosen enlisted as a Merchant Seaman, and served in the U.S. Merchant Marine, participating in the landings in North Africa and Italy.

In 1945, with the cessation of hostilities, Mr. Rosen came to California to pursue a career as a fine artist. In 1947, he was included in a groundbreaking show at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. He held his first one-man show in Hollywood’s Contemporary Art Gallery, receiving excellent reviews in LA newspapers. As a result, he was commissioned to do murals at the Hotel del Taquitz, in Palm Springs. In 1948 and ’49 he was featured in one-man shows at the Chabot Gallery in West Hollywood.

His work was considered “radical” and “avant-guard” by critics, but during the next two decades he was featured in 17 exhibitions and 20 one-man shows. During this period, Mr. Rosen married Jane Chadwick Callender, an artist, sculptor and ceramist.

Making his home in Laguna Beach’s art colony in 1958, Rosen opened the studio-gallery he was to occupy for more than 30 years. During this same period he was exhibited in 17 major national annual exhibitions including the Laguna Beach Festival of Arts where Mr. Rosen was the first non-traditional painter to be allowed to exhibit.

Mr. Rosen’s career has been highlighted by winning significant awards and prizes including First Prizes at Laguna’s Festival of Arts, San Diego County Fair, Laguna Beach Annual Art Gallery Award, and the Tucson Art Festival. Ontario, California’s Museum of History and Art hosted Mr. Rosen’s
50-year retrospective, in 1993.

While Rosen’s major interest and thrust as an artist has been abstract expressionism, he has never limited himself to non-representational art. Rosen painted 72 paintings based on Shakespeare’s Hamlet, including two of Hamlet’s soliloquies. The Hamlet series became the subject of a remarkable video short.

In 1984, Mr. Rosen married Eva Garnet, a dancer and choreographer. They now reside in Lake Forest, in Orange County.

KPFK’s art critic, Earl Carter, has characterized Rosen’s work as possessing…“a powerfully intense method of subject presentation and a misty romanticism of style that combine to create a highly provocative expressiveness.”

Mr. Rosen’s works hang in private collections throughout the United States and abroad.

-------------
Found at:
http://www.howellgreen.com/HowellGreenA ... enBio.html

rkn

Post by rkn » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:25 pm

this David Rosen you speak of - is that Mr. Wolfire's father?

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:33 pm

There are many people in the world named "David Rosen" worth mentioning online. I just typed in "David Rosen", and got this and many results on various David Rosens out there. It seems to be a name with fate strung into it.

-Fournine

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:40 pm

David Rosen founded Sega. *random*

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:51 pm

I think I saw one that had a David Rosen who worked in a R&D lab somewhere.

Heh. Maybe you should call together all the exceptional David Rosens out there and take over the world, hm?
I'd change my name just to join in. XD

-Fournine

Nemo
post whore

Post by Nemo » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:28 pm

here is another one:

Rabbi David Rosen

Biography

Rabbi David Rosen is
International Director of Interreligious Relations
with the AJC (American Jewish Committee).

Born and educated in Britain, he continued his advanced rabbinic studies in Israel
where he received his ordination.
In addition to military service in the armoured corps of the Israeli army,
he served as Chaplain in the Western Sinai.
From 1975 to 1979, he was the Senior Rabbi of the largest Jewish congregation in South Africa and rabbinic judge on the Ecclesiastical Court (Beth Din).
He was also founder/chairman of the Inter-Faith Forum,
the Council of Jews, Christians and Muslims.
From 1979 to 1985, Rabbi Rosen was Chief Rabbi of Ireland where,
together with the Christian Primates of that country,
he founded the Irish Council of Christians and Jews.
He was a member of the Academic Council and a lecturer at the Irish School of Ecumenics.
He returned to Israel in 1985 to take up the appointment of Dean at The Sapir Centre for Jewish Education and Culture in the Old City of Jerusalem and subsequently became Professor of Jewish Studies at the Jerusalem Centre for Near Eastern Studies.

In 1988, he was appointed Inter-Faith Relations Director of the Anti Defamation League in Israel and was subsequently made ADL’s Co-Liaison to the Vatican.

Rabbi Rosen became Director of the ADL Israel Office in 1997.

Currently he serves on The Permanent Bilateral Commission of the State of Israel and the Holy See which negotiated the normalisation of relations between the two.

He also serves as a member of the International Jewish Committee for Inter-Religious Consultations which represents organised World Jewry in its relations with other world religious bodies.

Since 1995, Rabbi Rosen has served as a President of the World Conference on Religion and Peace (WCRP), the all-encompassing world inter-faith body.

In August 1998 he was elected as the President of the International Council of Christians and Jews (ICCJ), the umbrella organization for some thirty national bodies devoted to promoting Jewish-Christian relations.

The ICCJ’s Abrahamic Forum promotes international dialogue between Christians, Jews and Muslims.

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:44 pm

Like I said, the name attracts the threads of fate to these people. I think David should get all the David Rosens he can get together and found a secret "David Rosen" sect.

Lycanthrope
Bunnyface!

David Rosen has Cute Ears

Post by Lycanthrope » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:40 am

David Rosen is full of awesomeness, and somesuch related qualities. His ears are cute. His eye seems to be red, but is not.

theblob

Eye

Post by theblob » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:12 am

Where did you get the eye anyway? Did you make it?
I think I saw one that had a David Rosen who worked in a R&D lab somewhere.
Yea your right its marine mammal r&d

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:22 am

No, looks very much like a real eye.
Who is this Lyncanthrope who so blatantly copies davids avatar?

Some ideas:
David's girlfriend.
David's boyfriend.
David Undercover.
David's parents.

Though he/she lives in PA so...

Lycanthrope
Bunnyface!

Post by Lycanthrope » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:33 pm

zip wrote:Some ideas:
David's girlfriend.
David's boyfriend.
David Undercover.
David's parents.
*amused* What about his sister? His daughter? His son/brother (since you think it's a boy's eye, damn you...)? His stalker? Some random fan with a lot of nerve?

Incidentally, rgovostes was even more shameless than I was in copying David's avatar, and I don't see any such speculation about his/her identity.... On the other hand, he/she also did not acknowledge the cuteness of David's ears. As he/she should have.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:54 pm

I was speculating about the gender, notice the first option is female =p
Rgovostes = Ryan Govostes, male.

Lycanthrope
Bunnyface!

Post by Lycanthrope » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:00 am

I guess the main thing to figure out is whether the eye on my avatar is mine, and if so...
1) whether my eye is similar enough to David's to be genetically related
or, 2) whether I have sexy enough eyes to be the kind of person David would go out with.
[insert unsolved mysteries music. or x-files. something appropriately mysterious.]

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:40 am

Hmm, I'm not going to give anything away, but that eye is crazy hot. 8)

rkn

Post by rkn » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:11 pm

Who is David Rosen? Just something I found while surfing around. :P
Former Aide to Senator Clinton Is Indicted
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: January 7, 2005

Filed at 5:05 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's former finance director has been indicted on charges of causing false campaign finance reports to be filed with the Federal Election Commission, the Justice Department said Friday.

The indictment of David Rosen, unsealed in Los Angeles, focuses on his fund-raising for an Aug. 12, 2000, gala for Clinton in Los Angeles. The New York Democrat was still first lady at the time.

While the event allegedly cost more than $1.2 million, the indictment said, Rosen reported contributions of about $400,000, knowing the figure to be false.

The indictment charged that Rosen provided some documents to the an FEC compliance officer but withheld the true costs of the event and provided false documents to substantiate the lower figure.

In one instance, Rosen obtained and delivered a fraudulent invoice stating the cost of a concert associated with the gala was $200,000 when he know that figure was false, according to the indictment. The actual cost of the concert was more than $600,000.

Each of the four counts of making a false statement carries a maximum penalty of up to five years in prison and up to $250,000 in fines upon conviction.