Project V13

Anything else
Radu

Re: Project V13

Post by Radu » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:09 am

Well if you put it that way it seems fair enough.

I got a feeling that the game isn't going to be very original tho.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:17 am

I'd hold your reservations for now, but only because they have some of the original developers from Black Isle Studios on the team, so we know it'll at least appeal to the core gamers from FO's classic era, as opposed to Bethesda's shame of an Oblivion reskin.

Also, if you decide to play the game, you get to tell others you play FOO, or if you wanna go out on a limb, FOOL. :lol:

...and if the game doesn't work out, there's always Earthrise right around the corner.

Radu

Post by Radu » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:38 am

Which is made by the same developers.
I want to play the game even if its good or bad.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:43 am

Ummm...no. Earthrise is being made by Masthead. Masthead licensed their engine to Interplay for the purpose of making Fallout.

Masthead =/= Interplay

Radu

Post by Radu » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:49 am

I didn't mean to say that Interplay = Masthead
I meant to say Masthead helps them. I cant translate and adapt correctly what I want to say.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:55 am

Yeah, but I'm just saying. They're not the same in any way, shape, or form. They're just using the same engine. Saying they're being made by the same people is like saying that Unreal Tournament was made by the same people that made Global Agenda or Mass Effect.

Radu

Post by Radu » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:10 am

I'm not saying its made by the same developers (which aren't 2 or 3 guys - they're a whole team) to make the game the same.

The only example that comes into my mind is Half-Life and Portal - same developer, same engine (yes there is a big difference between the Source and the Gold Source engine but Source is based upon GldSrc), different games.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:12 am

Eh, what? That comparison isn't even close...Portal and Half-Life were both made by Valve. Fallout and Earthrise on the other hand, aren't even close in that right. Fallout is being made by Interplay, who have been around for decades, whereas Masthead is a new studio with no affiliation at all, employees or otherwise, to Interplay except for the fact that Interplay bought the rights to use their engine off of them.

Radu

Post by Radu » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:33 am

Woops. I wasn't thinking right.

Ok replace Half-Life with Half-Life Blue Shift or Opposing Force and "the same developer" with different developers and it should be right.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Re:

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:55 am

Dudeman wrote:
Zhukov wrote:Yeah, because when I was wandering around the wasteland I always found myself thinking, "gee I wish I were being called a fag and getting tea-bagged right about now".

Sorry. I gotta be me.
Yeah, most of the fun of those games was exploring and marveling at the authenticity of the wasteland. I hardly think that will be easy with a player running around and defacing every object/raping every player they come across.
Yeah, you seem to be talking about it as if it's going to be an open-ended first person sandbox game. I doubt they're making it like that.
Blorx wrote:Radu, just FYI, "like WoW" is PR speak for an MMO. WoW is the only relatable MMO on the market due to the fact that it has 12 million subscribers and just about everyone not subscribed to it knows exactly what it is.
If you'd read what he said, he said that they like WoW, not that Fallout Online would be "like WoW". Ahh, taking snippets of texts and using them as out-of-context quotes.
Blorx wrote:...so we know it'll at least appeal to the core gamers from FO's classic era, as opposed to Bethesda's shame of an Oblivion reskin.
Blah-blah-blah-whining-fanboy-get-over-it-Fallout-3-was-good-in-its-own-right.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:29 pm

I thought Bethesda and Interplay were still having legal battles over this Fallout MMO. I signed up for it anyway, but from what I understand, its still not concrete.
Renegade_Turner wrote:
Blorx wrote:...so we know it'll at least appeal to the core gamers from FO's classic era, as opposed to Bethesda's shame of an Oblivion reskin.
Blah-blah-blah-whining-fanboy-get-over-it-Fallout-3-was-good-in-its-own-right.
Fallout 3 is awesome. I liked Fallout 1 and 2, but as much as I like old games, I was having trouble getting into them because of the rather archaic setup. I can appreciate them for what they are, but I can't say I play them much these days.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Agree with the two above about Fallout 3.

I signed up for this anyway. I might not necessarily have the slightest clue how to do anything, but I might be able to work it out.