Alien Swarm

Anything else
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: Alien Swarm

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Hahaha it is a coward who doesn't embrace his dickheaded nature for fear of scorn.

You'll realise when you grow up that a person's personality is not based solely on the actions of their parents.

Ebrahim

Post by Ebrahim » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 am

So you think that if someone is a jerk they shouldnt even make an attempt to be a nice person because it makes them inconsistent you got it hopelessly wrong if you think that consistency is the only thing that makes a good person. and yes I suppose sometimes people that are arseholes are just putting it on for example trying to get into a girls pants.

but there are no girls here and im not wearing pants.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Hahaha it is a coward who doesn't embrace his dickheaded nature for fear of scorn.

You'll realise when you grow up that a person's personality is not based solely on the actions of their parents.
Ah, the old Nature vs Nurture debate ... oh wait, your parents are both parts of that :?

You're both genetically similar to your parents and you are raised by your parents ... its true they arent the only factor in the development of your personality but they easily play the largest part in the development of their children's personality whether good or bad ...

Your parents are the largest factor of how your personality will develop ...

Although, the responsibility of you being a dickhead shouldn't be solely your parents (although they did fail) but also yours ... your parents were probably just inadequate for the job but did the best they could given their intelligence/personality/genetics/whatever ...

Also, being a dickhead is not a positive attribute and that's easily explained via a hypothetical scenario ...

Would you rather be in a world filled with only dickheads? or a world filled with only nice people?

Not even dickheads want to be with other dickheads ... they just piss each other off ...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Lol your parents can try to determine how you act for your childhood, but once you're in your teens and early adulthood they really have no say in the matter. A person can have great parents and still turn out to be a cock.

Anyway, my parents didn't fail. They won. Everyone else's parents failed because they didn't give birth to me.

I'd rather be in a world with people who are true to their nature and don't hide the things they really want to say. For example, you're a sissy. Suck it up.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:32 am

Assaultman67 wrote:You're both genetically similar to your parents and you are raised by your parents ...
I was adopted.
its true they arent the only factor in the development of your personality but they easily play the largest part in the development of their children's personality whether good or bad ...
Up to a certain point.
Although, the responsibility of you being a dickhead shouldn't be solely your parents (although they did fail) but also yours ... your parents were probably just inadequate for the job but did the best they could given their intelligence/personality/genetics/whatever ...
I like how you're already stooping to insulting someone's parents.
Would you rather be in a world filled with only dickheads? or a world filled with only nice people?
If the world only had dickheads, people wouldn't notice. If the world was full of just nice people, people wouldn't notice.
Not even dickheads want to be with other dickheads ... they just piss each other off ...
Stop being a scrot wrinkle.

Ebrahim

Post by Ebrahim » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:10 am

And why again is it that you are defending the forum troll?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:39 am

Hahaha because he's not an idiot, and therefore we've always had an amicable relationship. Everyone's nice to some people and a dickhead to others. Are you to say you're not a dickhead to me? Get over yourself you silly little tosser.

Ebrahim

Post by Ebrahim » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:54 am

oh hai der,

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Grayswandir wrote:
Assaultman67 wrote:Although, the responsibility of you being a dickhead shouldn't be solely your parents (although they did fail) but also yours ... your parents were probably just inadequate for the job but did the best they could given their intelligence/personality/genetics/whatever ...
Why the hell not? Forum trolls don't respond to "cease and desist" shit has to get dirty and personal ... trolls use the same tactics to bait people ...
Grayswandir wrote:
If the world only had dickheads, people wouldn't notice. If the world was full of just nice people, people wouldn't notice.
How is this a valid arguement defending a "dickhead universe"? It is certainly true they wouldn't notice from their perspective, but that is simply because they just don't know what the alternative would be.
Grayswandir wrote:
This comment is meant to insult me because the author couldn't think up a decent rebuttal. (Just pointing that out to the bystanders)
Renegade_Turner wrote:Hahaha because he's not an idiot, and therefore we've always had an amicable relationship. Everyone's nice to some people and a dickhead to others. Are you to say you're not a dickhead to me? Get over yourself you silly little tosser.
You're wrong, you get along with him because he just tolerates you being a dick without making it blatantly obvious to yourself ...

Did ever say I wasn't a dickhead to you? Did I ever say that if you are a dickhead you can never be a nice person at some point in your life?

You've got a nasty habit of setting up "deflectionary" statements to try to warp the discussion ...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:21 pm

Hahaha so what you're saying is you're not actually a nice person all the time, and are a dickhead to certain people. Just like me. Now you're showing your true colours.

If he simply tolerated me being a dickhead, he wouldn't be anything beyond polite. He's friendly though. I just don't like certain people here being idiots. And when I don't, I say so. You try to turn it into some moral dilemma. I'm okay with my morals, thank you very much. Try harder.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Hahaha so what you're saying is you're not actually a nice person all the time, and are a dickhead to certain people. Just like me. Now you're showing your true colours.

If he simply tolerated me being a dickhead, he wouldn't be anything beyond polite. He's friendly though. I just don't like certain people here being idiots. And when I don't, I say so. You try to turn it into some moral dilemma. I'm okay with my morals, thank you very much. Try harder.
No one is a nice person all the time, however, you're 90% dickhead and 10% reluctantly nice ...

Your personality ratio is totally off ...

Everyone else here can easily get along with each other with the exception of you. Face it, you're damaged.

(also whats with the constant laughing? You do know that's often a sign of people trying to mask frustration :? )

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Assaultman67 wrote:
Renegade_Turner wrote:Hahaha so what you're saying is you're not actually a nice person all the time, and are a dickhead to certain people. Just like me. Now you're showing your true colours.

No one is a nice person all the time, however, you're 90% dickhead and 10% reluctantly nice ...

Your personality ratio is totally off ...

Everyone else here can easily get along with each other with the exception of you. Face it, you're damaged.

(also whats with the constant laughing? You do know that's often a sign of people trying to mask frustration :? )
People laughing is a sign of masking frustration? Hahaha I'm so frustrated. I generally put "lol" or "Haha" at the beginning or end of posts because it seems to get under people's skin. It's working.

Hahaha no I don't think so. There's plenty of people on the forums I don't ever say anything bad to and am actually quite amicable towards. I'd say more half and half. I think that's quite a sizeable ratio, considering the average intelligence levels of people compared to me.

Anyway, you seem quite obsessed with having (unsuccesful) swipes at me lately. I think it's you bringing it upon yourself more than anything. If you weren't baited into arguments so easily it wouldn't continue, would it?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote: If you weren't baited into arguments so easily it wouldn't continue, would it?[/color][/b]
I agree with that.

Stooping down to someone's level doesn't prove anything. Assaultman, you'd be better off just ignoring him.

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:People laughing is a sign of masking frustration? Hahaha I'm so frustrated. I generally put "lol" or "Haha" at the beginning or end of posts because it seems to get under people's skin. It's working.
I know, its also a method trolls use commonly to belittle people ...

Trust me, you're far from the first troll Ive encountered and im normally pretty good at reading them ...

The more they insist you are ineffective ... the more effective you are :wink:

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Ebrahim wrote:And why again is it that you are defending the forum troll?
Not really, he can defend himself just fine. Forums (or the internet) in general is full of stupid, so I treat it as such. I don't take most things here very seriously at all. When I first joined, Ren was a dick to me, not for very long, but he was a dick. We got over that, if he pisses me off, I tell him, straight out. But think about it, you guys just keep giving him these buttons to push and tails to yank on. Of course, you can't make everyone like you or get along with everyone.
Assaultman67 wrote:
Grayswandir wrote:
Assaultman67 wrote:Although, the responsibility of you being a dickhead shouldn't be solely your parents (although they did fail) but also yours ... your parents were probably just inadequate for the job but did the best they could given their intelligence/personality/genetics/whatever ...
Why the hell not? Forum trolls don't respond to "cease and desist" shit has to get dirty and personal ... trolls use the same tactics to bait people ...
I don't think he's ever insulted your parents or brought up your heritage. I mean come on, have some standards.*
*This here is what I was trying to point out Ebrahim.
Grayswandir wrote:
How is this a valid arguement defending a "dickhead universe"? It is certainly true they wouldn't notice from their perspective, but that is simply because they just don't know what the alternative would be.
Exactly, I was pointing out that the idea of a universe full of dickheads was a silly argument because to us, right now, of course it seems stupid, because we have a mix here.
Grayswandir wrote:
This comment is meant to insult me because the author couldn't think up a decent rebuttal. (Just pointing that out to the bystanders)
You have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote that. That's the thing, there's no emotion or expression behind that text. Its just text.
You took what was written and then decided yourself that the emotions behind the text were angry and hostile. You're already defensive (this is me assuming of course, feel free to deny it or whatever), because of Renegade, and what I wrote. Of course, what was written can be seen as hostile and aggressive. I think I was trying to point out how insulting each other over the internet is silly...I may have just been trying to make a joke about dickheads and relating it to other sexual organs, not sure anymore. Who knows. Also, scrot wrinkle is an awesome set of words.
Renegade_Turner wrote:Hahaha because he's not an idiot, and therefore we've always had an amicable relationship. Everyone's nice to some people and a dickhead to others. Are you to say you're not a dickhead to me? Get over yourself you silly little tosser.
You're wrong, you get along with him because he just tolerates you being a dick without making it blatantly obvious to yourself ...
Actually we get along fine. He's not a dick to me. Speaking of, we need to play more BC2 Ren.
Did ever say I wasn't a dickhead to you? Did I ever say that if you are a dickhead you can never be a nice person at some point in your life?
This statement completely invalidates what you wrote in the quote above.