Being good company.

Anything else
Sandurz

Re: Being good company.

Post by Sandurz » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:16 am

Freshbite wrote:Once you go Hardcore... you never go back.

I believe the Bad Company 2 Multiplayer has gone to ruins, in the same manner as Modern Warfare 2 did. Hackers, they are everywhere. Image
This eventually happens to all good fps's for pc.
Renegade_Turner wrote:Not really. People usually blame their poor skill on hackers.
This used to happen to me a TON on Halo CE. Though I do have to say, Halo CE was really easy to be good at.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Haha, man, the M1A1 is actually a pretty good rifle. I was running around with it for a bit last night.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Aaaaaand another one:

What's the best rocket launcher? For some silly reason the game doesn't offer stats for them like it does with weapons.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:26 pm

The RPG-7 is a decent starting launcher, its not bad, but its reload is a little slow. At long ranges you have to aim above your target to arc the rocket or else it will fall short.

The Gustav is really good all around, it has the least drop and flies to fastest. It does the least amount of damage out of all the rocket launchers (which means you have to rely on the Explosives Upgrade to do significant damage to tanks) but it has the largest explosion (great for taking out choppers and groups of guys).

The AT-4, the last rocket launcher you get, is the most powerful, hardest hitter, and it has a fairly small explosion radius...But, you can fly it around like a Stinger missile. The problem is that it takes a little while to gain full speed and it can't home in on tracer darts like the other launchers. You also have to stay in one place while firing it, which can leave you open if you're not careful.

Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Y'know what sucks?

People who insist on sniping while they are on the attacking team.

They all crowd together on the tallest bloody hill they can find and start taking useless potshots at the defenders. But the defenders have infinite respawns and often end up getting revived anyway. So that leaves me and the two other players who aren't sniping to actually try for the objectives.

Frustration ensues.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:09 pm

I know what'cha mean, mate. That pisses me off to no end. Many of them aren't actually going in to win, they're going in to get score for themselves.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:41 pm

If you want to get someone off their camping perch there are a few ways.

If they're on your team:
1) Don't give them ammo or health packs.
2) Cover them with C4 and set it off, the dust cloud it creates is big enough that they'll have to move.
3) Launch smoke grenades into their camping area.
4) Blow up the tower they're sitting in. Suicides are awesome.

If they're on the enemy team:
1) Mark them (in Normal mode), that's what its for, plus, everyone on your team can now see them. Press the Back button on the Xbox 360.
2) Blow up the tower they're sitting in. Destruction 2.0 kills are awesome.
3) Shoot them. Duh.
4) Use the Kill Cam (in Normal mode), if you know the map well enough, you can pin point their location based off of visual markings.

Now, don't go around just C4ing and Smoke grenading all the Recons who sit around on your team. Being a Recon while on the attacking team still has its uses. Spotting, Mortaring, and defending objectives while you attack are just a few.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:08 am

I will agree with you that have a team full of snipers is irritating, but having a recon unit sniping (preferably just 1, not 6) is actually quite useful when attacking, particularly if it has the M95 with the 12x optical zoom (or is it 8x?) for long range kills and the Mortar strike. This means that when the objective is set, a Recon can cover it and kill anyone who tries to diffuse it, be it by headshotting them or by Mortar striking it for about a 10 second window when no one can touch the objective.

emilybaby008

Post by emilybaby008 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Buy WOW Gold....

*snip*

> Spambot banned
> Post content + links removed

~ Black

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:48 pm

Wow, don't ya just love spambots?

Assaultman67

Post by Assaultman67 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:50 pm

I reported three or so of these messages ...

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:34 am

They are starting to send out female versions, at that.

Ebrahim

Post by Ebrahim » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Thats what they want you to think, but when you look down where there should be a high capacity disk drive you see a large usb stick

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Dear God. Skynet has done it again.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:15 am

If you guys ever do play as Recon, try putting the 4x Scope (You could also use a Red Dot, but that's if you really need to be close in) on one of the rifles. Its not as accurate at extremely long ranges, but its easier to figure out bullet drop, and you don't have to adjust as much when zoomed in for movement.

It also allows you to use the rifle closer up than normal, which can save your butt if you're careful and also means you won't be one of those guys who camps on a hill and never moves.

SV-98 (The SV-98 is the fastest reloading bolt action rifle), Mortar, 4X Scope, Magnum Ammo, and you're good to go.