Fallout 2161

Anything else
Ralok

Fallout 2161

Post by Ralok » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:45 am

A shamelss self promotion? probably, is that against the rules? i dont think so

I am here to talk about fallout 2161, it is a mod for the bethesda era games fallout 3/new vegas, these games are great if you dont like them then you are probably an old person.

The basic (very basic) premise behind fallout 2161 is to recreate the original two fallout games in the fallout 3 engine. This idea is often met with critisism from fans of hte original two fallout games.

OLD PERSON: Why dont you just play the far superior fallout 1/2 instead of having to convert it into that sinful engine.

FALLOUT 2161 STAFF: you dont get what we are trying to do, do you?

To explain, you cannot force people to play fallout 1 and 2, the gameplay is not accesable to everyone. Not only that but the games themselves are full of glitches that often (way to often) make playing the game IMPOSSIBLE, many quests have an effect on the ending and more often than tolerable those quests have a catostrophic glitch that makes it impossible to get the ending you intended.

So bad was it in fallout 2 that the community had to create a restoration mod for the game, and this restoration is generally considered amust for playing the game.

So the basic point is THESE GAMES NEED AN UPDATE, if you would rather play fallout 1/2 more power to you, but this mod is not for you. It is for all the fallout 3/new vegas fans out there, so that they can understand the grandness of the story

And really thats what it boils down to, story! That is what we care about, that is what we want to show.

Join us in making the fallout 3 community more tolerable for the old people

have a good day friends

also i ate like a pound of raisins today and i dont know why, is this a bad or a good thing.
And my health has seen significant improvement since i started drinking v8 fusion, but dang they are NASTY but you get used to them

i dont know why i said those last two things, i think i might be crazy

Freshbite

Re: Fallout 2161

Post by Freshbite » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:34 am

This makes me think of Battlefield 2142 for some reason...

I don't quite get what it is that you want us to do. Image
Oh, and no links?

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Freshbite wrote:This makes me think of Battlefield 2142 for some reason...

I don't quite get what it is that you want us to do. Image
Oh, and no links?
Site name is in the image, afaik.

Ralok

Post by Ralok » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:41 am

oops i just realied i didnt link

moddb

http://www.moddb.com/mods/fallout-2161

main website

http://www.fallout3mod.com/

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:50 pm

I think the better question is: If you already know all of the endings, and are aiming for a certain one by doing everything necessary for that ending (which you already know about), then why haven't you realized that that takes all of the fun out of the story?

Catastrophic glitch or not, I know plenty of people that have gotten every ending for both of those games.

Ralok

Post by Ralok » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:56 am

a story is made out of three parts

a beginning

a middle

and an end

i have never had a story ruined by just knowing the ending.

its not about the ending.

a story exsists as a whole, tis not a sandwich that can be dissisembled. tis like a donut a single piece when any element is missin it is no longer a whole donut, you remove tomato from a sandwhich and it remains a sandwhich

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:37 pm

Ralok wrote:i have never had a story ruined by just knowing the ending.

its not about the ending.
Sometimes it could be. Sixth Sense, for ecample, could be ruined if you knew the ending.

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Never seen it, know the ending...

Still wanna see it though, It's like when I was reading Death-Note, and one of my friends blurted out the ending in front of me, it made it more entertaining for me from that point on, mainly because I was all like "WHATTHESHITTHATMAKESNOSENSEHOWCANTHATHEPPENATTHEENDHISLOGICSEEMSSOSOLID!!!!"

So...yeah...

Ralok

Post by Ralok » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:22 pm

if the ending makes no sense then it usually isnt worth watching or playing

mostly because that same nonsense was scattered throughout the entire story, yet you dealt with it hoping that the ending would reveal all the truths

anybody here remember the ending of BIG O

or battlestar galactica

or countless japanese "roleplaying games"