tinyurl4[dot]info redirects from Google

Anything else
Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

tinyurl4[dot]info redirects from Google

Post by Blorx » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:12 am

Anyone else been having issues with Google links redirecting to tinyurl4[dot]info? Was just wondering what's been going on with that. It's not happening a lot. Just seems to be certain sites every now and then.

Endoperez

Re: tinyurl4[dot]info redirects from Google

Post by Endoperez » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:48 am

Blorx wrote:Anyone else been having issues with Google links redirecting to tinyurl4[dot]info? Was just wondering what's been going on with that. It's not happening a lot. Just seems to be certain sites every now and then.
It could be a virus that tries to randomly redirect you to a harmful site that's been forced to shut down. Are the "certain sites" site you visit quite often?

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:00 pm

Actually, it's not a virus on my computer. I just scanned last night and it found nothing. The redirect is only coming from Google to those sites, as well. One was one I visit regularly, the other was just a random site I was looking for info on.

I tried Googling it (haha), and I'm not the only one that's had the issue apparently.

EDIT: Yeah, asked on the one site's board and I was told by some others on that site that they have the issue with the site (coming from Google only) occasionally, and by another on that site that it was caused by a virus for them.

I used Trend Micro Titanium's trial (because it's easy to download and use fully-featured for 30 days, and I can't find the card that had my subscription number for Trend Micro Antivirus on it >.>) when I scanned, and it got nothing.

What's another good anti-virus that I can use the trial for that might pick up what Trend Micro Titanium didn't and won't end up bringing up 4 million popups saying I have a virus, locking up my computer, and telling me to pay up like some do?

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Nevermind, I think I got an answer for what's going on.

Locking it so no one bumps it.