Help an old community member out or win a PC

Anything else
resin

Help an old community member out or win a PC

Post by resin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Hey you guys might remember me. I did a bunch fan art, still post in comments occaisionaly, but have been less active around here. Any way ......

Here's the thing.

I really need a new computer but can't really afford one. Cry me a river.
Then I found this giveaway from some power crazy overclocking fanatical groups ; digital storm and hot hardware.

So I really want to win this insane computer they're giving away and thought it might help if I could get a bunch of people to stop by their site and tell them to give this computer to me.

Or you could enter to win it yourself, but you probably won't want to do that, trust me I need this computer way more than you do.

thanks for the support.

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/5241 ... ageIndex=1

To get you into the holiday spirit, HotHardware.com and our friends at Digital Storm have teamed up to put together yet ANOTHER monster sweepstakes give-away! This time we're giving you a chance to win an Intel Core i7 950-infused gaming rig with 6GB of DDR3, a 1TB hard drive an all new Radeon HD 6870 graphics card and water cooling by Astek. We know, the sugarplums are dancing now, aren't they? Start being nice now, if you've been the naughty type all year long...

The complete parts list and breakdown for Digital Storm's sweet Special|Ops System are listed below:

To be entered into this sweepstakes, please follow these quick and easy guidelines below. If you're brand new here, there might be a few more steps but otherwise it's pretty simple!

1) First: Make sure you're registered at HotHardware.com. You can also login with Facebook or Twitter.
2) Be active in the discussion and community here at HotHardware.com to get noticed
3) Become a fan of HotHardware’s official Facebook fan page
4) Become a fan of Digital Storm's official Facebook fan page
5) Comment on the contest post on each of the respective facebook fan pages
6) Share either post on your personal facebook page
7) Take a screenshot of your facebook page with the shared story
8) Submit the screenshot to [email protected] with the subject “HotHardware Giveaway”

The contest will run through December 23rd at which point we'll announce the winner. Get in early and post here in the HH news discussions often!

This is a great chance for to you to win a custom, powerful new gaming PC. Good Luck!

Endoperez

Re: Help an old community member out or win a PC

Post by Endoperez » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:09 pm

resin wrote:Or you could enter to win it yourself, but you probably won't want to do that, trust me I need this computer way more than you do.
Bollocks.

If you really needed a computer, you'd be fine with a poor one and wouldn't need this powerhouse GAMING COMPUTER.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:20 pm

…are you kidding me? That's two sites asking for a spamfest for SEO purposes. No.

You probably won't win anyway. Even if you meet the requirements, there's likely more than 20 other dudes that do. Seeing as this isn't a Laplace experiment (they explicitly state they favor specific users!), you ain't got a chance unless you're one of the community's stars.

Can't you upgrade your current PC? To get a half-decent system, you shouldn't have to invest more than $300 if your current system has at least the right motherboard and PSU.

What are your current specs? Maybe we can help you with that kind of stuff.

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Yeah, not to be impolite, but why exactly do you need it?

If you can't buy a brand new computer, buff up your old one like 80% of the computer savvy population does (statistic that I just made up but which I'm sure is accurate to some degree) You can easily buy 2 gigs of extra RAM for around $100, for instance, and a new processor can be about $100-$300. If you buy it all second-hand, it's even cheaper.

So, yeah. I'm sure you can put aside $200 over a period of time- it's not as if you "need" this new computer immediately, right? There are plenty of free or cheap ways to increase your computer speed.

Also, you're coming off as a dick. "oh yeah i totally need a new computer, so here, out of charity and love of humanity, go tell these guys to give me one." Even if we did, it might come off negatively to the people who are conducting the giveaway and make them even less inclined to give it to you.

EDIT: Ninja'd by rudel!

resin

Post by resin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Yeah by "need it" I was attempting to be funny. :oops:

What I meant to say is I really want a ridiculously overpowered gaming rig.

If you like that type of hardware discussion, hothardware is actually a pretty cool site.
Even if I don't win I'll probably stick around and maybe try to learn the best way to build a computer for myself. They got a good friendly and helpful group over there.

And if this longshot of a contest pans out, I won't be complaining.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Well, good luck!

resin

Post by resin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:28 am

Thanks!

Just to be clear, my actual intention posting this, was that I thought people here would be interested in this contest, the rest was all just joking/goading, well mostly anyway.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:29 am

It's cool, you're not getting banned. It was REALLY REALLY close though.

This is a joke. I have no say in who's getting banned.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:30 am

That case has the potential to ship with grounding problems. A lot of buyers have had issues with the computer resetting when touching any metal part of the chassis.

resin

Post by resin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Really? The CM 690 II? I haven't heard that before. Assuming I don't win I'm probably going to try to build my own computer and this was at least one of the cases I was looking at.

and..um...thanks for not banning me.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:07 pm

resin wrote:and..um...thanks for not banning me.
It was a joke. I have no say in who's being banned.

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:02 pm

rudel_ic wrote:It was a joke. I have no say in who's being banned.
You should have applied for a job as "Spam Police". :P

But nah, we don't ban people for stupidity. I wish we did. But we also need you to spam in order to authorize use of the "banhammer".

~ Black
I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me.