EUUUULAAAALIAAAAAAA!!!

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:44 pm

WHAT!?

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:56 pm

You play .hack?? That game is awesome. Or do you watch the show, which is lame. Btw, why do we all want you back?? Im confused wot. I like hares.

Alex
Dude. I have all four games, all of .hack//SIGN (Platinum Limited Ed. of course), and am to get all of .hack//TWILIGHT as it is out now (I've seen them all, though. Got 'em on my HD still. Heh.)
I also somewhat converted my PC so it's all ALTIMIT OS -like. You should see my login screen.
Too bad I can't get the animated warp tunnel to work, though. Still haven't figured out how to get that music playing in the background.
Though, I have converted all of my comp's sounds so that they play out sounds from the game.

I think David is still hosting them... let's see... YUP~!

Go to: www.wolfire.com/altimit
You can dl them from there.

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:33 pm

Fournine wrote:
You play .hack?? That game is awesome. Or do you watch the show, which is lame. Btw, why do we all want you back?? Im confused wot. I like hares.

Alex
Dude. I have all four games, all of .hack//SIGN (Platinum Limited Ed. of course), and am to get all of .hack//TWILIGHT as it is out now (I've seen them all, though. Got 'em on my HD still. Heh.)
I also somewhat converted my PC so it's all ALTIMIT OS -like. You should see my login screen.
Too bad I can't get the animated warp tunnel to work, though. Still haven't figured out how to get that music playing in the background.
Though, I have converted all of my comp's sounds so that they play out sounds from the game.

I think David is still hosting them... let's see... YUP~!

Go to: www.wolfire.com/altimit
You can dl them from there.
Hahaha thats bootleg moives. Now the cops are going to bang your door down. :P

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:24 am

Nope. I got 'em over a year ago, when they were still airing over in Japan.
They only infringe on a few international copyright and import laws, and since there really is no spoiling of the US market (as there is no market for the anime being dl'ed), there is no real reason for the big Japan companies to spend millions hunting down the fansubbers out there for a legal battle. Also, it can be argued that fansubbing actually helps the anime industry as it creates a base market over in the US for the selected anime, basically giving the Japan companies the opportunity to test the waters in the US for free, at the expense of 3rd party independant labor! In the long run, the whole operation is to the benefit of the industry.

Now, what I assume YOU'RE thinking about, which is bootlegging, is something entirely different. The fansubs I have are taken direct from the TVs in Japan that are tuned to the station AS IT AIRS. They're then translated, modified to have subs on 'em, and then given out to servers across the US to distribute. Best part about the fansub community is that they actually have honor about the whole outfit. As soon as a series is licensed in the US, distribution (READ: DISTRIBUTION ONLY) is completely stopped and it is looked down upon if a server is still seeding the files. Most people delete the files, but I tend to keep them around until the DVDs for it come out, in case there is a recall or the translations for it totally sucks.

As for bootlegging, I have nothing to do with that at all. Even as the head of the local anime club, I uphold the fansubber laws and stop even showing the series if it happens to get licensed (much to the dismay of the members). You can't really accuse me of anything more than a count of international copyright infringement by supporting the anime industry via seeding the series in the US.

Also, don't bother posting a reply unless it contains some level of intellect, because, really, I WON THIS ARGUMENT ALREADY.

-Fournine, Master of the 'net