How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
crazyjackal

Re: How did you find about Overgrowth?

Post by crazyjackal » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:33 am

I've been watching the videos over at GameTrailers for a long while now and I've decided there has been significant and steady improvement in this project to give me confidence in investing into it and in it's current state, it actually looks like some fun - which is good for a game even if only in Alpha.

Elladox

Post by Elladox » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 am

I actually learned about Overgrowth through the web-comic Ctrl+Alt+Del. It was a link to one of the update videos and i found it interesting and signed up

NickB

Post by NickB » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 am

I honestly don't remember how I first found out about it (that was quite some time ago), but a topic was recently created about Overgrowth on a forum I frequent, so I pre-ordered it.

runaum

Post by runaum » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 am

games at leprosorium.ru - closed "ilite"-blog :) i'm a software developer, so my interest has x2 bonus.

johndh

Post by johndh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:34 pm

I originally heard about Overgrowth when it won some award on ModDB, but I never really looked into it. Then I saw Lugaru on Gameboom.net and decided to give it a try (I'd heard of it before, but watching the preview video was what got me to try the demo). I really enjoyed it so I bought it, and I remembered that it was the predecessor of Overgrowth, so I looked into it a little more and saw just how awesome OG looked. :)

digitaldigital

Post by digitaldigital » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:40 am

I saw a video from Ctrl-Alt-Delete comic on his twitter.

DarkSim

Post by DarkSim » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:07 pm

My brother showed me the alpha 134 vid, which he seemed to have found during gamespot's E3 coverage, I loved the graphics, the detail of reality implemented, and ofc the physics. I felt like contributing, whenever the game is going to be the somewhat thin game the vanilla lugaru was, I hope it turns into a great party game, with lan possibilities

Spencer

Post by Spencer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:18 am

I heard about Lugaru and Overgrowth a few years ago, but I only became interested a few days ago by watching a few of your development videos on Gametrailers and YouTube.

And now I preordered.

:D

Nismo

Post by Nismo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:01 am

Hi, First post!

I was basically so so bored and looking for a game to maybe buy off steam. This led to me watching reviews on youtube of games I was thinking about buying. So after a few videos I somehow ended up on the Yogcast channel for trailers and on that channel I found a video they did talking over an arena art demo thing. Anyway obviously that video did not really tell much so clicked the link to your channel..

Few hours later (after watching nearly every video) I pre ordered and also told a few friends who are interested too and are probably going to pre order too in the coming weeks, although more for the editor because they enjoy that sort of thing

I think I liked the idea of feeling sorta involved in the making of the game, and obviously who can say no to ninja rabbits? :D

Stollero

Post by Stollero » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Gametrailers.com :)

Vamos

Post by Vamos » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Saw a Overgrowth thread on /v/ a while ago

kaztx

Post by kaztx » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:09 am

Well i was on deviantart and saw one of the concept artists i like telling us about the game i just had to check it out and damn its sweet as pie!

So after that i just had to pre order it! :lol:

P4Wood

Post by P4Wood » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:42 am

I was searching Google for a pipeline from my 3D app to Unity and started watching tutorials for a couple of programs. A video caught my eye on YouTube, the one about BVH use in Overgrowth. I watched this very amusing video and went on to watch most of the videos on the Wolfire channel. Outstanding I thought, so I pre-ordered.

Greyejoy

Post by Greyejoy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:51 am

I'd bought Lugaru with the humble bundle and loved the combat system, so I came to the website to see if you were making another. Lo and behold you were, so I followed development for a while to make sure my money would actually pay for a good game that I was reassured would be released, until I finally pre-ordered last week.

sarrethormrp

Post by sarrethormrp » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:06 am

I found this awsome game on youtube!
Thanks for creating such an awsome game!