Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Korban3

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by Korban3 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:35 pm

I don't do a lot of mapping, last, but I think there is something to make it so that a decal ignores certain objects. Like selecting the decal and the objects to exclude and then there's a button in the editor tab. If it's not that then I'm not sure.

last

Post by last » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:35 pm

here is a bug that is in a144. the ai gets stuck because there should be a weapon but i think it is under the terrain and the weapon sharing is also cool. they bouth can kill you with same weapon.

Oh i have my version of supper meat bunny footprints turned on

corpuscule

Post by corpuscule » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:19 pm

last wrote:here is a bug that is in a144. the ai gets stuck because there should be a weapon but i think it is under the terrain and the weapon sharing is also cool. they bouth can kill you with same weapon.
I tried this one : it is just great ! Best when you manage to separate both enemies - the weapon teleports constantly with a strange sound.

I've found a much less funny glith, in wolf's animation. I haven't found it reported yet here so I'll give it a try :

From my tests, you can only see this in slow-mo while running straight. Seems to work best while running up- or downhill.

1coopdog2

Post by 1coopdog2 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:03 pm

a144
Repetitively pressing "B" (What I assume is a button for dodge) after jumping allows you to keep your upward momentum and fly through the air. When you reach the ground you have no control over your character and cannot even activate rag dolls.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:42 pm

it's not a button for dodge.

merlingore

Post by merlingore » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:12 am

Just to let you know, my debug console showed I was using vista SP1 but I'm on 7 x64.

MasterMorality

Post by MasterMorality » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:14 pm

144 - AI, after leaping from high places, for instance when going to get help, passes straight through the terrain.
Discovered on customised Red Desert, leaping from a platform about 3/4 of the way up one of the giant rock formations.

update:
Also tested on Painted desert, just to make sure it wasn't my fault somehow, but with the same results: Rabbit guard, attempted to alert his friends on the other rock, jumped off the big plateau, and 3/4 of the time failed to collide with the terrain.

Specs:
Macbook pro
4Gigs RAM
Dual core 2.4 GHZ processor
256 graphics card.

No lag to speak of, so it's not that.
Last edited by MasterMorality on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cory1337

Post by Cory1337 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:13 pm

This might not be the right place to post suggestions on how to fix bugs but here I go anyway.

After speaking with a few people with lower to mid range graphics cards it seems a common issue that spoils the game is the ragdolls, They cause me and others to drop in framerate by a large amount. I think seeing as it would take a lot of effort to optimise this early in the games development we should use a temporary solution.

If we remove ragdolls after a certian time after they have been created (for instance when an NPC dies) then it would help a lot of people with their frame rate. Like I said the people who I have spoken to about this issue have agreed that ragdolls are the cause of the framerate issue. I know that ragdolls as pointed out to me on the forum played a key part in Lugaru because they were interactive (The player could kick them at enemys) But until this feature is added I suggest ragdolls despawn after a certian amount of time.

I do hope this is taken seriously and added or modded in. If it could be toggled in the config that would make me and I am sure a lot of other people very happy.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope it will be concidered. Forgive me for any spelling mistakes I wrote this quite quickly.

tl;dr Add a despawn on ragdolls to stop people's framerate getting destroyed.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 pm

If this could be toggled in the config I would agree with this. Otherwise, the ragdolls don't give me problems.

Jellydonut

Post by Jellydonut » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Here's a list of bugs I've found in Alpha 144:

#1: There's a bug where if you Alt-Tab out you get your mouse stuck in the top left corner of the screen. In order to fix it you have to log out and back in again. I run in fullscreen.

#2: Every map but Eroded Plateau, Red Desert, and Desert Outpost don’t work for me.

#3: If I spawn any weapon that works for me (Dog Broadsword, Dog Spear, and Dog Glaive) and have a NPC or player grab it, around 40% of the time the weapon will make a really overpowered wind sound and I see flashes of the weapon moving very fast in front of the character holding it, while they make the holding animation. If they attack, it acts as if the weapon were still in their hands.

#4: If in the editor a character grab a weapon and remove it from its origin, I get an error saying:
There is no object 0 (or 1, for that matter.)

#5: Doing the Create Navigation Mesh crashes the game.

Here's my system config:
Windows 7 64 bit
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 B50 3.1GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:43 am

Well, as for the wolf animation thing. It's actually a good thing. What you're seeing is the wolf being animated using the rabbits animations. Because the wolf is taller, he get's a little distorted at times. That's why David had to make a custom wolf crouch animation. It just shows that the animation bad-assery David made is really, really adaptive and has a couple of little issues that aren't overly serious.

Jellydonut

Post by Jellydonut » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:29 am

corpuscule wrote:
last wrote:here is a bug that is in a144. the ai gets stuck because there should be a weapon but i think it is under the terrain and the weapon sharing is also cool. they bouth can kill you with same weapon.
I tried this one : it is just great ! Best when you manage to separate both enemies - the weapon teleports constantly with a strange sound.

I've found a much less funny glith, in wolf's animation. I haven't found it reported yet here so I'll give it a try :

From my tests, you can only see this in slow-mo while running straight. Seems to work best while running up- or downhill.
If I spawn any weapon that works for me (Dog Broadsword, Dog Spear, and Dog Glaive) and have a NPC or player grab it, around 40% of the time the weapon will make a really overpowered wind sound and I see flashes of the weapon moving very fast in front of the character holding it, while they make the holding animation. If they attack, it acts as if the weapon were still in their hands.

Jellydonut

Post by Jellydonut » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:55 pm

When the wolf wallgrabs, his legs get all stupid.

Jellydonut

Post by Jellydonut » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:12 pm

The wolf holds all weapons 6 inches behind his hands.

AluminumHaste

Post by AluminumHaste » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:46 pm

When falling from great heights just hit the block key just before hitting the ground and you won't die. Also rolling uphill is a crazy exploit. Video demoing it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6uxzCQEtfI

Also emailed to bug tracker.
Last edited by AluminumHaste on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.