What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Korban3

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by Korban3 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if David could get rope physics into OG in less than a day. I did the coding for it in Unity once, using Unity only for rendering. I wrote my own movement and simple collision system for it. Distance constraints are simple, and since David already has a working physics system it would be trivial.
BUT, your point still stands. We're not going to get random features next week if we just say we want them. David is doing what he needs to do to get the game running. That's why I never complain (and in fact look forward to) his under the hood, technical posts.

main_antagonist

Post by main_antagonist » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Korban3 wrote:BUT, your point still stands. We're not going to get random features next week if we just say we want them. David is doing what he needs to do to get the game running. That's why I never complain (and in fact look forward to) his under the hood, technical posts.

Yeah :D it really helped me make my mind up about purchasing the preorder you can see the constant progression of the game and it's a good feeling knowing what you're putting your money into.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Korban3 wrote:Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if David could get rope physics into OG in less than a day. I did the coding for it in Unity once, using Unity only for rendering. I wrote my own movement and simple collision system for it. Distance constraints are simple, and since David already has a working physics system it would be trivial.
BUT, your point still stands. We're not going to get random features next week if we just say we want them. David is doing what he needs to do to get the game running. That's why I never complain (and in fact look forward to) his under the hood, technical posts.
This is one of the problems I meant - even people who kind of know something can't be sure about how hard things are to implement. Thanks for the correction, though. I still think implementing stuff like knots and climbing dynamic ropes and such would take longer, but I could be wrong there, too.

baab32

Post by baab32 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:47 pm

We don't see this post as a next build request. In one week the ''next build'' will be up and there might still be people posting here. it's more of an idea posting thread where people can exchange ideas and maybe inspire the devs to try something they did not even think of. Sure most of this couldnt be done in 7 days but can be done during the complete developement time.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:23 am

Yes, exactly. The only problem is, this is the only current suggestion thread, and this thread's title was poorly chosen.

Jasper M

Post by Jasper M » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:15 am

A day/night or weather system would be great. You could link it to the AI and make some interesting stealth scenarios, eg. enemies cannot hear you in a storm and have to rely on line of sight. Maybe on larger levels there would be enough time for a night-day transition and the player would be in a rush to eliminate sentries before the sun came up and visibility improved.

Mister Woods

Post by Mister Woods » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Perhaps a more effective stealth system at all... I find it almost arbitrary as to whether or not an enemy knows I'm behind them, which is a real shame given how fun dicing rabbit throats is.

Also, I love the cat model, but it would be pretty great to see just a few basic improvements, such as clutching of the hands when items are picked up and perhaps a bit of a smoother model. I also noticed while abusing the slowmo that the wolfs tail almost always intersects with the wolfs legs as he runs. Again, minor, but I thought I'd mention it.

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:01 am

Well, what i would want to see is Turner getting wings and starts flying around and shining in while in the sun and peeing flames all over the places:p cant someone make a mod for this?

well srsly, what i would want to see the game turn into beta:D

Bows and arrows would be nice, and the possibility to trow the weapon manually, giving u the feel of having more control. More different unarmed and armed fighting styles would also be awesome.

Zuriki

Post by Zuriki » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Not necessarily the next build, but progressively over few future builds I would like to see AI extended to include different behaviours such as examining dead bodies/being alerted by dead bodies. Dragging wounded allies from battle. Shouting for help or otherwise interacting with each other. Allies that follow the player and help him/her fight.

More immediately, I would like to see some different win-lose conditions (for things such as parkour maps, or maps with specific targets to kill).

main_antagonist

Post by main_antagonist » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:18 pm

[Path Mimicry] - Path recorded navigation for A.I
I made a thread about it in the modding section but I'm not sure if that was the appropriate place to put it.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15531

Pivotblazingrush

Post by Pivotblazingrush » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 pm

I think it would be nice to see a bit of an intimidation system. If I'm fighting 6 guys and I easily kill 5 of them, the 6'th guy is going to be running for his life, begging for mercy, or at least trembling. Not just standing there. It would also be cool if you could scare enemies. Think of this: There are 3 enemies in one place. One walks away, you kill him, leave him behind a corner. One goes to check on him, you kill the one left behind, the enemy comes back, sees his other dead friend, then runs screaming after you leap in front of him and show him your bloodstained knife. And Then you catch up to him and threaten to kill him if he doesn't help you kill another one of his friends. :mrgreen:

2cryptic

Post by 2cryptic » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:09 pm

A 6 pack of throwing knives (Cat?)
A bat/club. (Dog?)
Cat in pajamas.

Manual sidesteps and weaves for hand to hand, hopefully leading to parry and strikes (grabbed knee strikes/kidney strikes/sweeps etc)

Feigns (i think i saw this mentioned in video actually, still would like to see it xD)

Survival mode/waves spawning, I imagine a series of enemys / groups would spawn in after each previous wave getting progressively difficult....though I could just set up a gauntlet in the editor :P

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:46 am

The following features:

Fire
Water
Strafing
Scoreboard
More staff like weapons
More inbuilt maps
Fix the bug in 181
Add a Whaleman character.
Fix rigging tool (i wanna animate!)
Insert a manual on all the controls for the alpha in the main where you press esc.
Make overgrowth an mmorpg

All this cant be built in in one build which even i know. But i hope these will end up becoming part of the game. Cuz i know all these features to me are epic in a game. :mrgreen:

Karel

Post by Karel » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:51 am

Devilsclub wrote:The following features:

Fire
Water
Strafing
Scoreboard
More staff like weapons
More inbuilt maps
Fix the bug in 181
Add a Whaleman character.
Fix rigging tool (i wanna animate!)
Insert a manual on all the controls for the alpha in the main where you press esc.
Make overgrowth an mmorpg

All this cant be built in in one build which even i know. But i hope these will end up becoming part of the game. Cuz i know all these features to me are epic in a game. :mrgreen:
What about turning it into a FPS for 30%+ sales? And minecraft construction mode?

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:47 pm

You know, I am picking up my First Person mod again. While I don't see a sales boost because of it, it should be awesome.