Unofficial Overgrowth a181, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Rob148

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a181, weekly build

Post by Rob148 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:18 am

Same problem here :oops:

scopedknife

Post by scopedknife » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:32 pm

I'm getting the same issue as well. Crashes whenever I try to load a map. Waiting on a182 for the fix.

last

Post by last » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Have you guys tried this fix that i got for the answer to the exactly the same problem you have when i send my bug report to David?

johndh

Post by johndh » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:05 pm

I see the fix for Windows, but I'm getting the same "creating OS process" on Linux here. Should I just sit tight for a bit?

Rhaedas

Post by Rhaedas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:15 pm

johndh wrote:I see the fix for Windows, but I'm getting the same "creating OS process" on Linux here. Should I just sit tight for a bit?
Probably, given the next version will be out in a few days. First time anyone has mentioned a problem with the Linux build though, as far as complete failure to run. Maybe post your distro and specs, in case it's an oddball, or at least send it to [email protected].

Van

Post by Van » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Get this error after loading a map

Rob148

Post by Rob148 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:09 am

Oh wow, somehow missed that fix. Working now! Thanks and sorry :oops:

last

Post by last » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:31 am

Van wrote:Image
Get this error after loading a map
Looks like you had a mod mod installed and now you have updated your OG. I think there is a way to uninstall it when you don't want it anymore. I think you need to download latest mod mod and then there should be original files somewhere there that you need to replace with yours.

Van

Post by Van » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:39 am

ok ill do that when i get a new download cycle. thanks mate.

Azimuth

Post by Azimuth » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:59 pm

last wrote:Today i got a e-mail back from [email protected] with a test fix. I did test this and it seems that this might solve the problems with "creating OS process" and also there seems to be a problem when loading level where are environment objects in it Edit: are now gone.
So i asked Ninjas that can i upload this new .exe file here so you guys can test this out and he said that this sounds good.
so this is straight from the e-mail i got
FogBugz [email protected]
Thanks for the report! Would you mind trying again using this build? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/A181test2.zip I don't think it will help, but I don't have the symbols for that last fix, so I can't inspect the dmp file.
--
Wolfire - FogBugz
Worked perfectly

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Officially 100 replies :mrgreen:

:|

Mayday556

Post by Mayday556 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 am

last wrote:Today i got a e-mail back from [email protected] with a test fix. I did test this and it seems that this might solve the problems with "creating OS process" and also there seems to be a problem when loading level where are environment objects in it Edit: are now gone.
So i asked Ninjas that can i upload this new .exe file here so you guys can test this out and he said that this sounds good.
Thanks for the report! Would you mind trying again using this build? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3236655/A181test2.zip I don't think it will help, but I don't have the symbols for that last fix, so I can't inspect the dmp file.
--
Wolfire - FogBugz
so it works for you? DANGIT. i downloaded it and it still is saying that it can't load some stuff because of a case error that has something to do with a catcouch

Devilsclub

Post by Devilsclub » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:05 am

Mayday556 wrote:
--
Wolfire - FogBugz
so it works for you? DANGIT. i downloaded it and it still is saying that it can't load some stuff because of a case error that has something to do with a catcouch
If it is a case error, go and rename the file with lowercase.

mimicKairatta

Post by mimicKairatta » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:20 pm

I've been noticing that while putting a number of characters into the world, specifically 10 or more of any type, the game starts to lag. The frame rate goes down quickly. At first I thought it was the banners since they have a flapping flag physics. After testing out on an open field map with no objects, I find the same issue of the game lagging when the characters start moving. The game even crashes because of it.

I dunno if it's my computer, it's a quad core with 2.2 GHz. It's not much of an issue, but having it lag because of 10 or more characters moving on screen is a bit odd for me. Thought I would get that out there.
Last edited by mimicKairatta on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:22 pm

mimicKairatta wrote:I've been noticing that while putting a number of characters into the world, specifically 10 or more of any type, the game starts to lag. At first I thought it was the banners since they have a flapping flag physics. After testing out on an open field map with no objects, I find the same issue of the game lagging when the characters start moving. The game even crashes because of it.

I dunno if it's my computer, it's a quad core with 2.2 GHz. It's not much of an issue, but having it lag because of 10 or more characters moving on screen is a bit odd for me. Thought I would get that out there.
The game has not been optimized, so 10 characters in a level is quite processor intensive. That will be fixed later on.