[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
SonarBeserk

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.0

Post by SonarBeserk » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:41 pm

menu mod from the sum launcher has major case issues. i get almost 30 when loading any map.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:45 pm

SonarBeserk wrote:menu mod from the sum launcher has major case issues. i get almost 30 when loading any map.
It's not the menu mod in particular, but people having old files in their maps. "Case Errors" aren't particularly an error either, they are really just a warning which David has added to help facilitate UTF encoding.

As people update their older maps, we should see this issue go away some. (It might take someone to just go do it too... we'll see if I find time after 7dfps...)

Karel

Post by Karel » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:57 am

Is the ability to downgrade the game an upcoming feature, too?

It would be good if we could download an older version of the game somehow, in case we can't play the new one for instance.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:33 am

Karel wrote:Is the ability to downgrade the game an upcoming feature, too?

It would be good if we could download an older version of the game somehow, in case we can't play the new one for instance.
Yes, this is on our list of features we'd like to add some time in the future, but it's not a huge priority right now.

kingbonghogg

Post by kingbonghogg » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:56 am

just wanted to say that the new sumlauncher looks really slick, lots better than the previous version :wink:

bennyp

Post by bennyp » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:12 pm

What a great tool! I have a problem where I can't scroll the custom maps menu at resolutions under 1152, but my poor little macbookpro5,5 doesn't get decent framerates unless it's running at 1024. Can this be fixed in the next build?

RAWTalent

Post by RAWTalent » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:52 am

Is anyone else getting "server connection lost" error about every 30 seconds? I mean it is downloading the menu mod, but I keep having to hit enter every half a minute to carry it on!

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:54 pm

RAWTalent wrote:Is anyone else getting "server connection lost" error about every 30 seconds? I mean it is downloading the menu mod, but I keep having to hit enter every half a minute to carry it on!
Make sure you check out the "Troubleshooting" section of the first post :)

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Anton wrote:
As people update their older maps, we should see this issue go away some. (It might take someone to just go do it too... we'll see if I find time after 7dfps...)
Hi Anton. At this point, are you just banking on Map Makers to go back and adjust all the Case issues on their maps? Or is there going to be some big cleanup effort by the SUM Launcher team to fix all the nasty Case Errors?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:01 am

SUMLauncher 2.0.1 Alpha is now available:

Code: Select all

• Fixed bug which prevented Linux users from auto-updating the SUMLauncher (NOTE: Linux users will need to manually clear out their old SUM.jar file! Please visit the forum thread for details).
• Fixed bug where some Linux binaries would not be properly set to be executable.
• Added thank you note to Aubrey.
• Made text fields in the config window auto select-all when clicked on / tabbed to.
• Fixed spelling errors.
You can grab the new version by running the SUMLauncher and choosing to update when prompted (new users can find downloads in the first post).

Linux users: Please see the first post!

Janekkubek

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.0.1

Post by Janekkubek » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:16 pm

I have not stable internet conenction. Sometimes i got pluged off for a few milisecs, then have connection for one minute and a blackout again. Due to it, MainMenuMod stops downloading each time and i have to sit in front of PC and keep clicking "Retry". It is annoying, really. Couldn't you give us an option to make your launcher "click" retry button automatically?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Janekkubek wrote:I have not stable internet conenction. Sometimes i got pluged off for a few milisecs, then have connection for one minute and a blackout again. Due to it, MainMenuMod stops downloading each time and i have to sit in front of PC and keep clicking "Retry". It is annoying, really. Couldn't you give us an option to make your launcher "click" retry button automatically?

We have had a huge influx of people over the past 2-3 days (due to Nerd³'s video hitting on Reddit, and Receiver being released) so it is possible that my server isn't keeping up with all the new traffic. :(
If that keeps being an issue, I'll have to look into hosting the OG stuff somewhere else, but I think in a couple days that should die down a bit, and then the server will not be so overloaded... I'm hoping that's the case...

Starkiller2000

Post by Starkiller2000 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Every time i try to run sum launcher i get this error, but the file is definitely there, and has never been messed with, so i have no idea whats wrong.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-06-22 at 9.21.32 PM.png

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Starkiller2000 wrote:Every time i try to run sum launcher i get this error, but the file is definitely there, and has never been messed with, so i have no idea whats wrong.
Are you sure its pointing to the right .app file? If the file was moved / renamed (as it could be by updating without the SUMLauncher), then I would expect that error.

I'd suggest going to the Edit menu, selecting Preferences, and reelecting the Overgrowth app file.

Krazul

Post by Krazul » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:47 am

i keep getting the error that says its being blocked by my antivirus/firewall but i have no antivius and firewall is off =[