Storyline

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
beesbane

Storyline

Post by beesbane » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:03 pm

Is there any storyline stuff in place? Or do you think you would want to collaborate on it? I've been writing some cool web comic stuff lately, and I have a few ideas if anyone is interested or interested in seeing some of my other work.

Quote|a

Re: Storyline

Post by Quote|a » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:14 pm

It's already been said that Overgrowth will build on Lugaru's story, but not a whole lot more than that is set in stone, but I doubt they're looking for help. David came up with a pretty decent story for Lugaru, so I think with more than just him working on it this time, they've got enough help.

last

Post by last » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Aubrey (Ninjas in IRC) is working on Overgrowth comic
He once said that he is working with comic addition that is almost as big as the current comic all together is right now.

yaytrio

Post by yaytrio » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:31 pm

overgorwth will continue off of lugaru, but during alpha, there is really no objective to the game.

Bjartr

Post by Bjartr » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Considering how nicely the engine is coming along, I'd like to know how close they are to implementing the campaign.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am

From what I remember, there is very little info on the story as of yet.

All we know is that it will be set about a year after the events in Lugaru, it will be linear with maybe a few big decisions you can make along the way to affect the story, and that the name 'Overgrowth' will relate to the game and its story in at least 4 ways.

Presumably one of those four is the fact that the rabbits are overgrown, so that's 3 ways left to the rest of the story.
Bjartr wrote:Considering how nicely the engine is coming along, I'd like to know how close they are to implementing the campaign.
Just before I noticed in the 'levels' folder there was a new folder named 'story' included in the latest alpha (was completely empty) so I'm not sure if it was me fooling around and I forgot about adding it or it's actually a folder for all the story levels.