What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Ti4nvN

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by Ti4nvN » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:16 am

Zelron wrote:
wagdltwghah wrote:i don't like the actual running
What do you mean? Everytime I get into a chase it's so easy to imagine the Benny hill theme. :)
Thanks for the idea! :wink:

Caker Baker

Post by Caker Baker » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:31 am

I want optimization and less crashes so I can kill more wabbits for my wabbit collection.

Bandit

Post by Bandit » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:20 am

Not even the next build but the future, before release. Multiplayer, PLEASE

unrealviking

Post by unrealviking » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:29 am

My mashine is not the strongest around. As soon as there is someone (exept) me on the Map the fps goes down to 3-7. However when there is no one its up at 30 - 60. Even killing all of them does not change it, so my gues is that the ragdollengine consumes a lot of something (most likely CPU-power).

I know that the game is not optimiced jet, but giving the posibiity to turn down the realysm of the ragdollengine whould be a nice thing to have.

Karel

Post by Karel » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:23 am

unrealviking wrote:My mashine is not the strongest around. As soon as there is someone (exept) me on the Map the fps goes down to 3-7. However when there is no one its up at 30 - 60. Even killing all of them does not change it, so my gues is that the ragdollengine consumes a lot of something (most likely CPU-power).

I know that the game is not optimiced jet, but giving the posibiity to turn down the realysm of the ragdollengine whould be a nice thing to have.
I don't know if it's even possible as everything is procedural and ragdolls/actions in the game are highly related, and these systems are merged...

Wapos

Post by Wapos » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:17 pm

(1) I would like to know the name of the model in Akazi's avatar.

(2) I'll cut-and-paste a few remarks on gameplay that I made off-topic in the Mac forum, not expecting that it will do much good:

-----
My hope would be that the final combat mechanics are more like Virtua Fighter 2 (in a sense defined below) and less like "Mini Ninjas" or other games that take up the entire keyboard.

[Note: although it may seem "stupid" that the original Lugaru had just one key used for both crouch and block/reverse, it did streamline the key-layout massively.]

A number of games of the Virtua Fighter 2 era succeeded in getting relatively deep fight mechanics into a format that you could play for 5 minutes (or 30 seconds) and then stop, to go do something productive with your life.

What I liked about that approach was that it wasn't "rock-paper-scissors", but a matter of watching for your opponent to start an attack that was slow enough that you could step forward and cut him short (with a very rapid jab or elbow) --or watch for another type of motion that would allow to try try for a grab/throw. At all other times, a competent player would block or reverse anything being thrown out in the ring.

Frankly, I hated Virtua Fighter 3 --I think the team that took over the series didn't realize that the appeal of the prior installment was neither tied to the graphics nor to the characters (many in the entertainment business are deluded about the significance of character and narrative elements… nobody remembers that ninja's name, ya done know).

In the original Lugaru, you do have some of the same elements mentioned in VF2, but not all: you do watch for your opponent to throw a roundhouse kick, but you don't have the minute game of "footwork" (controlling a step closer, vs. a step further away, in making your next move).

Although nothing much in video game design resembles a real fight, the emphasis on "footwork" (and controlling distance between the characters, as something that modifies the outcome of a set-animation "move") is something that at least resembles the ideology that boxing coaches will inculcate into you.
-----

I'm sure the Wolfire team are "living their dreams" on this project, and I don't expect my "vote" to count much one way or another.

I'm easily ignored; unlike Akazi, I don't have an eye-catching Avatar.

Aleph

Post by Aleph » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:14 pm

List of things that would be nice:
- Enemies investigate dead bodies.
- Enemies have 4 alert states: relaxed, aware, suspicious and alerted.
- Improve jumping system so that the character always looks towards the direction it's jumping.
- Bows and arrows.
- Water.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:58 am

Wapos wrote:In the original Lugaru, you do have some of the same elements mentioned in VF2, but not all: you do watch for your opponent to throw a roundhouse kick, but you don't have the minute game of "footwork" (controlling a step closer, vs. a step further away, in making your next move).

Although nothing much in video game design resembles a real fight, the emphasis on "footwork" (and controlling distance between the characters, as something that modifies the outcome of a set-animation "move") is something that at least resembles the ideology that boxing coaches will inculcate into you.
I think Lugaru had a very strong element of controlling the distance. It is, after all, how you choose between attacks. Making a step, versus not making a step, result in very different attacks. It might not be exactly like in VF2 (I haven't played that), but from your description it sounds quite similar.

Neenjabeast

Post by Neenjabeast » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:26 am

I think you should add a feature where you can turn blood off. Some people aren't very suited to having blood in the game, and the blood seems to be making my game lag while I'm within a certain radius of it.

mansi

Post by mansi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:24 am

I would like to see some enemytracing like in assassines creed. There u can click at "f" and the fightmode starts

The second thing i would like to see is something like a pipette from paint, where u can copy colours

ps: sorry for my bad english :oops:

Neenjabeast

Post by Neenjabeast » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:07 pm

It should be made so that after a certain distance of a fall your character has to roll. Like after a really long fall right when your legs hit the ground you should have to press shift to do a roll or else your legs snap or something.

bennyp

Post by bennyp » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:32 am

Please tweak the chasecam:
  • for parkour, particularly sequences which require parallel wallruns followed by jumps to platforms, like the last platform in "Race" or the first major jump in "Cat Palace".
  • Please also hook in some logic to the chasecam so that it doesn't lock on to dead models.
  • If I'm running away from an enemy, the chasecam shouldn't swing around 180 degrees, forcing me to turn around and fight him.
This would make the game WAAAAY more fun and accessible for gamers who want to play with controller (truuust me, it's plenty fun that way already)

bluesmurph

Post by bluesmurph » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:34 pm

Their are olnly three things i can think of at the moment. i dont really care if they arent implimented in this next build but i think they should be implemented womewhere in the game. please odont yell at me if their is a way to get some of these to work :\

1. i think it would be nice if when you go back to the item menu after closing it to spawn an item the menu would leave off at where you were at. that way you wouldn't have to scroll all the way down the page or change pages and scroll down them in order to get to that same item again or items near it

2. I also think it would be neat if you could grab hold of ledges like these:

I've already tried grabbing onto these but it wouldn't work :(. this would make some pretty cool climbing maps. maybe also add some climbing rocks so you could rock climb? idk but grab able ledges like those would be cool.

3. More optimization :P im laggin somethin pretty hard and optimization is always good :D. i cant fight because of rag doll lag

mansi

Post by mansi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:56 pm

bluesmurph wrote: 1. i think it would be nice if when you go back to the item menu after closing it to spawn an item the menu would leave off at where you were at. that way you wouldn't have to scroll all the way down the page or change pages and scroll down them in order to get to that same item again or items near it
God yes! That would be awesome!

syamada37

Post by syamada37 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:02 am

DO YOU THINK ITS POSSIBLE TO START OPTIMIZATION IN A185????????????????