Recever Update?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
andythebomb

Recever Update?

Post by andythebomb » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 am

Any chance of receiver getting an update to fix the chunk loading lag (keeps getting me killed) and fixing slowmo?

CATCHMAN

Re: Recever Update?

Post by CATCHMAN » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:21 am

i understand if you're busy working with overgrowth (and, you know, life), but i'd like to see some attention paid to receiver too

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:13 am

It's on the to do list, specifically background loading of levels, but remember there is only one guy coding on both games, and Overgrowth is the priority. A fix will come at some point. For now, just be sure to walk really slowly when changing rooms after you leave the first two rooms. (Also, doubling back and checking different stories of areas you have been to already will not have that lag.)

human_dictionary
Location: united states of the united kingdom of teletubbyland

Post by human_dictionary » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:43 pm

if overgrowth is the priority at the moment, then we wont be seeing any receiver work unless specified for a while, because OG has been developing for over 3 years now, and they only now have started on hard-coded gameplay elements (challenges etc.) and i dont think they will even be doing notes on the story until at least 6 months from now, but you never can tell with game-building gods like david and the rest of the team :wink: